Hi Guest, Welcome to the quilting forums, register now —or—

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Batting Beauty

Post Thanks / Like

Default Re: Prayers For florida

Thank you all for the prayers and concern. I just saw a picture of one of the major highways out of Florida. It looked like a parking lot because of gridlock. The governor has advised people to evacuate if you're living on one of the barrier islands. But if you haven't gotten out before now it's likely you'll get stuck on the road when it hits.

Missouri Star

Post Thanks / Like

Prayers for those in the storm's path. Please let us know how you fared when this is over.
    Cindy

Missouri Star

Post Thanks / Like

I don't pray but I am certainly keeping you all in my thoughts. Kathy, it's awesome that you can offer shelter to so many while still being concerned for your own property. I sure hope you all stay safe!! I have been following the progress of the storm and truly hoping it would veer off course and out to sea! Still hoping!! Stay safe everyone!! HUGE HUGS coming your way!! xoxox

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	calvin-and-hobbes-hugging.jpg 
Views:	18 
Size:	66.5 KB 
ID:	136054

4. Thanks Amarillo19 thanked for this post
    Missouri Star

Post Thanks / Like

Keeping you all in prayer. Please do whatever you can to stay safe!

The Guild President

Post Thanks / Like

Many thoughts and prayers for all in the path of "Matthew". Pat, you are doing a wonderful thing!!
    Brenda.

Binding Belle

I live in Valrico which is NE of Tampa, FL.
    Post Thanks / Like

Things are very peaceful here now. The weather is calm with a light breeze. I have asked all the horse owners to take a piece of paper, write their name, address and both their phone number and mine, and their horse's name, place it in a zip lock bag and braid it into the horse's mane and tail. The braid is finished with a rubber band. The dogs and cats have the zip lock info secured on their collars. The horses will be out of the barn and in the pastures. Walls or roof may give on the barn. Horses are interesting as they will herd together, put the smallest or weakest in the middle of the herd and put their bums into the wind. That way they protect their faces and heads. No halters will be used as they might hook them on branches or such. Fly masks have been distributed to protect their eyes. All is well and we are completing the final button down before dark. More later. Prayers for all on the east coast and those still in evacuation status.
    Last edited by PatinValrico; October 6th, 2016 at 07:19 PM.

8. Thanks seaturtle, pdjewelrylady thanked for this post
    Missouri Star

Post Thanks / Like

Be safe, my friends. Be safe!
    Sometimes, when there's a raging fire,
    it's best not to try to put it out with gasoline.

"...pal carajo con la negatividad..."

Missouri Star

Post Thanks / Like

Yes be safe. My thoughts are with you all.
    Blessed are the children of the piecemakers for they shall inherit the quilts!

Missouri Star

Post Thanks / Like

Pat - it is wonderful that you are helping all those people and their pets. MY DIL is from Melbourne and her parents decided this morning to evacuate - something they have never done before. They live between I-95 and the water. Her Mom loaded up both cars and their (huge) boat with all the important things she could fit into them. A normal 2 hour trip took them six, but they have arrived and are safe and sound at DIL's brother's house in St Pete. I had offered for them to drop the boat here if they didn't think there would be room at their son's, but they had it planned where it would fit in his yard.

I really don't expect anything too bad here, but the east coast is in for a beating, I am afraid. Prayers for everyone involved.
    Donna

Missouri Star

Just outside of St. Louis in rural Missouri
    Post Thanks / Like

Prayers for all in the face of this storm. Please all our forum friends, check in here as soon as you can to let us know how you are. Be as safe as you can be.
    Blankets wrap you in warmth, quilts wrap you in love

Marilyn......