Hi Guest, Welcome to the quilting forums, register now —or—

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Missouri Star

Post Thanks / Like

Default WIP - 9/29/16 - The end of September!

2016 is marching on. We are about to enter the last quarter of the year. I wish time wouldn't go by so quickly. A good reminder to make the best of each day.

I went to take pictures of the reading pillows yesterday - but the camera battery was dead. It is charging now, so the pictures should be coming soon!

My next project - the Christmas pajama bottoms - is on hold because I don't have the pattern yet. I would like to make a trip to Joann's this week to get it. In the meantime ... I decided to make a Double Slice top with a flannel layer cake. Nothing like creating ANOTHER UFO! It is one of those 'quickies' when I want to do some easy sewing.

I would also like to work on a UFO this week. I made a top with the 'Simple Life' layer cake that was available over 2 years ago. I have the material for the borders, backing and the batting. I am going to experiment with layering the batting. I am going to split my wool batting into two layers and place one of those layers on top of the cotton batting. What I have learned is that wool puffs up more under quilting. So the wool on top should emphasize the quilting, while the cotton maintains the drape. We shall see!

That's what I'll be doing this week - what will you be doing?
    If you are not willing to learn, no one can help you. If you are determined to learn, no one can stop you.- Zig Ziglar

Missouri Star

Post Thanks / Like

Default Re: WIP - 9/29/16 - The end of September!

I really want to try wool I love the puffy look but love my cotton batting. I am working on three UFO's two runners one made out of orphan blocks. And a small quilt made out of left over charms. I am trying to work thru as many of my UFO's as I can as I realized just how many multiplied last year. My time is slim this week so not sure what I will get done but will keep pluggin away. Plus I am getting a bit freaked out about how close Christmas is coming so need to come up with or finish some long standing projects done that were meant for Christmas's past
    Use it up, wear it out, make it do or do without.

3. Thanks Sylvia H thanked for this post
    Missouri Star

Post Thanks / Like

Making slow but steady progress on Winter's Song. I finished blocks 9 and 10 yesterday. Two more blocks and the appliqued border to go.
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	WintersSong 019.JPG 
Views:	48 
Size:	183.0 KB 
ID:	135717 Click image for larger version. 

Name:	WintersSong 004.jpg 
Views:	39 
Size:	77.3 KB 
ID:	135718
    Stash Treasure Acquisitions Beyond Life Expectancy. My stash keeps me STABLE, oh yeah.... and dark chocolate.

5. Thanks Claire Hallman, bkthomas, Sylvia H, RockinLou thanked for this post
    Missouri Star

Post Thanks / Like

I finished my embroidery for my project! WooHoo! I'll post a picture later. Now to sew the big sections together and sew on the applique.
    "I'm putting together a list of 100 reasons why I am NOT relentless!" - Sue Heck, The Middle

Leonard: For God's sake, Sheldon, do I have to hold up a sarcasm sign every time I open my mouth?
    Sheldon (intrigued): You have a sarcasm sign?

7. Thanks Sylvia H thanked for this post
    Missouri Star

Post Thanks / Like

Still working on the quilts for the animal shelter. I have twelve done so I have eight to go to meet my goal.

Sylvia, I am going to attempt to make us matching pj bottoms for Christmas too. Here is a tutorial I found online - maybe it will work for you. http://www.livingwellspendingless.co...-pajama-pants/

Jeannette

9. Thanks Sylvia H thanked for this post
    Missouri Star

Post Thanks / Like

I sat down this evening and made the needed alteration to a sweatshirt I had made for myself, then I also put a neckband on a shirt I made for DS, and hemmed the sleeves and waist for him. I am down to one item that needs alterations and then I hope to make headway on the Halloween shirts for the kids. I don't think I'll finish them in a weekend, but it's worth getting started if they'll wear and enjoy them in October!

11. Thanks Sylvia H thanked for this post
    Missouri Star

Post Thanks / Like

I'm working on a freestanding machine embroidered/ appliqued snowman. I've managed to get 4 of the 11 pieces done. Takes a while to stitch out so I'm sorting out scraps of fabric while the machine ticks away and getting the sewing room straightened out.
    Nobody is going to stand up at your funeral and say she had a really expensive sofa and great shoes Life is not about stuff.

Visit my Flickr page, sewing and cakes!
    http://www.flickr.com/photos/90704986@N07/

www.pinterest.com/cathyfiebe/boards

13. Thanks Sylvia H thanked for this post
    Binding Belle

Post Thanks / Like

Thats what i need to do

Missouri Star

Post Thanks / Like

This week I will ride two quilts baby of my UFOs and quilting, I hope to finish them for the weekend and display them in the group, the quilt scrappy already finished but the quilt of stained glass window I have not yet finished because my fingers are a little sore padding, Hope to finish by the end of month

16. Thanks Sylvia H thanked for this post
    Missouri Star

Post Thanks / Like

I would have loved to get the Christmas quilt I am FMQ done by the end of Sept but it looks doubtful since my sister wants me to go to the movies today. It won't matter if I don't get it done, maybe by the end of Nov which is when I need it anyway.
    It does seem to be growing, the more I FMQ the bigger it gets.

18. Thanks Sylvia H thanked for this post