Hi Guest, Welcome to the quilting forums, register now —or—

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345
    Missouri Star

Post Thanks / Like

Default Re: not upset. not annoyed but shaking my head

Quote Originally Posted by quiltsRfun View Post
    I like how DH would handle it when he was working. (He's retired now.) He'd say, "I'll help you when you finish your conversation" and move on to the next customer.
    That would work if you worked in your own place of business. If I tried that I'd be out of a job...because the customer is always right and its our job to make the comfortable and happy so they spend more money and come back again.
    Iris Girl = April = fabric, Fabric FABRIC!!
    Time spent with cats is never wasted.
    Sigmund Freud

Missouri Star

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Hulamoon View Post
    I think what turned me off is that my step dd bought two phones for my two young dd's without asking me. Them my dh was put on the plan and I was paying for three phones when I didn't even own one.

The payment plans and usage stuff was so confusing to me. It took me so long to get my name off it so they could pay their own. I hated being in something you had to pay to get out of. That's one of the reasons I never got one is being stuck in a plan.

I see things are a little different now and would consider a phone without all the extra stuff. I'm leaving voice messages and I know I would get a faster response with a text.

Any suggestions?
    Lori I have a tracfone smart phone as do my 2 kids. we love them they are as good or better then your fancy $700 I phone and are pay as you go. We can do anything any of those phones do at a fraction of the price. Phones run around $100 and you can buy a mins card in several denomination sizes depending on your usage.
    Iris Girl = April = fabric, Fabric FABRIC!!
    Time spent with cats is never wasted.
    Sigmund Freud

Binding Belle

Post Thanks / Like

Hey Carlie....you are right. I've got a Samsung Galaxy 4, a very old phone by today's standards. It works for me and I am one of those who don't feel the need to pay upwards to a $1000 for a new phone.
    I think those new Apple 7 I-phones are over $900. Holy Cow! that is craziness!
    When I first got my phone, I was at the hairdressers and the phone rang. She asked me if I needed to get that, I told her no, I don't know how to answer it and I will try to call them back later. She cracked up. Took me a while to figure out how to answer it, and frankly, I had to ask my sister.

4. Thanks Carlie Wolf thanked for this post
    Missouri Star

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Iris Girl View Post
    Lori I have a tracfone smart phone as do my 2 kids. we love them they are as good or better then your fancy $700 I phone and are pay as you go. We can do anything any of those phones do at a fraction of the price. Phones run around $100 and you can buy a mins card in several denomination sizes depending on your usage.
    Thanks April. I really should get one for emergencies like a flat tire. If I go out to my step dd's there isn't a gas station for thirty miles.

Lorie

Missouri Star

Post Thanks / Like

OMGoodness! I have a friend just like that... She takes every opportunity to badmouth any kind of technology... It's very irritating... She has a computer..,and a smart phone...I think....and hates both.... I could just see her behaving the same way that woman in your line did...

Sandy from Cincinnati

AKA Kermit

Designer Diva

Post Thanks / Like

I have a trac phone for emergencys and only have it one when I am away from home. I rarely use it and most of the time forget to put it on. There are more and more places that have a sign saying We will not wait on you if you are talking on your cell phone at the check out or service counter. I think that makes a lot of sense. It is just rude to keep talking when they are there to wait on you. You should be giving them your undivided the same as you expect them to give to you. That is just my opinion. Sometimes when people are talking I don't think they realize that everyone with 10 feet can also here there conversation. Just hope it isn't personal to the other party they are talking to.

Missouri Star

Post Thanks / Like

I don't answer phone unless it's kid in UK. I might answer the other half - he also has a separate ring tone. Businesses have their ring tone and pests and unknowns have a very loud version of "Cocaine"

I have a new phone and I use the camera more than anything else. I have all the Audubon Guides plus other guides to flora and fauna in the area. I also have astronomy programs.

All social apps are gone. So is 95% of Google and all of Moto.

If you want to know what flower that is, yes I will whip out the phone.

I also have the block tool for quilting.

I have the phone customized to suit me.

Designer Diva

Post Thanks / Like

I work with a group of young women, about the same age as my children. I find it highly amusing when everyone sits down in the staff room around the table at break time and pull out their phones and start madly texting, googling or whatever. I very quickly got tired of trying to make conversation so now I bring out my crossword puzzle book and relax with that. They also think it is incredulous that my old phone won't receive emails or photos, it can take photos...it just gets a massive heaadache if you try to send one to it!!!!!...seems using it just for ringing and texting is quite absurd these days!

Missouri Star

Post Thanks / Like

I think the thing that bothers me most about cell phones are people who text while driving. Its dangerous not only to others but themselves. Even though its against the law here you see people doing it all the time.

Designer Diva

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by TMP View Post
    I think the thing that bothers me most about cell phones are people who text while driving. Its dangerous not only to others but themselves. Even though its against the law here you see people doing it all the time.
    Same here in Australia...unbelievable!