Hi Guest, Welcome to the quilting forums, register now —or—

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    Missouri Star

Post Thanks / Like

Default Re: MSQC Mobile Apps Survey

Quote Originally Posted by RenC View Post
    I'm not sure if this exists already but it would be great to have a mobile version of this forum. Thanks
    I keep hoping for this too. Some of the forums I belong to can be accessed through TapaTalk app, but not MSQC. I don't know what it would entail to get it on Tapatalk, but I'd love it.

Shiny Thimble

Post Thanks / Like

I believe a direct access to the community would be helpful. Also I'd love to see more resources out there for sewing machines. So many and resources are limited.

The Guild President

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by wlrquilts View Post
    The only other app I use is the Robert Kaufman Calc app. But I too have Android phone and tablet and would like to down the Block magazine. I am a subscriber.
    Same here, on both.
    Gary,

"No regrets, only learning opportunities."

Missouri Star

Post Thanks / Like

I also use the Robert Kaufman calc app.

I like the Block app - just read about it on the forum a few weeks ago - didn't realize it existed! I had the old M* app that was very limited - I like the updates that were done to it to make it just an app for the tutorials.

Making updates so that the forum works better when mobile would be great - some things are hard to do on a phone on the forum - lots of scrolling.

Love the idea of some kind of project space - ability to have multiple projects going, with what is still needed to do or buy like someone above mentioned. List the tutorial or web link, upload pics in progress, etc.

Also love the idea of loading a tutorial and then picking a fabric line to see how it could look - I know color placement makes a difference, but sometimes it helps to tell scale of some of the fabric lines. Or ability to color in a tutorial - kind of like the adult coloring books?

Glad to hear that the android users are finally going to get apps!
    Lisa

M*QC forum is full of the best people!

I'm not just buying fabric, I am supporting the economy...

A bad day in the sewing room is better than a good day at the office.

Rotary Pro

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by msqc_apps View Post
    Hey everyone,

I am David. I work to build MSQC's mobile apps for your phones and tablets. We have some great stuff in the works and are planning what we would like to do next. So, I have a few questions for you about how we can keep building apps that you love.

What quilting apps are you are already using frequently? Specifically, apps from outside of MSQC.

Share your ideas for future apps! What apps could we make that would make quilting even better and easier for you? Who knows, we might build your idea!

I am really looking forward to hearing your responses, and can't wait to keep making great quilting apps for you all! Comment in the forum below or email me at apps@missouriquiltco.com

Thanks!
    Hi David, I have an IPhone and use the Robert Kaufman quilting calc, the Craftsy app, the Block app. I like them all and use them regularly. I would really enjoy having an app where I could manage all the details of a project: pattern, fabrics used, size, etc. There are already forms that can be download and printed to keep track of this info, but I prefer being able to keep a paperless record. I'd also appreciate being able to categorize Jenny's tutorials by jelly roll, charm pack, etc. Finally , I'd like to be able to plug in fabrics into the tutorial so that I could get a general idea of how the pattern would look with a given fabric, and then be able to go to the MSQC site to buy the fabrics. Thanks for asking for my input!

Beginning Stitcher

Post Thanks / Like

I use the Robert Kaufman Quilting Calculator a lot. I also have Quiltography, which lets me play a bit with designing my own quilt blocks. I also have Craftsy. I have the Missouri Star Tutorials App on my IPad and prefer to watch the tutorials on it. It would be fun to have a way to select one of the tutorials and one of the fabric lines and try the line out virtually on the pattern. You could also try different background options.
    Addendum: Until I read this thread, I didn't know there was a separate app for Block Magazine. I just downloaded it and then very quickly loaded my previously purchased issues. Wow! so much easier than downloading them via Internet Explorer and then transferring them to IBooks! Great app!
    Last edited by Cindy Swoveland; September 24th, 2016 at 08:07 PM.

Batting Beauty

Post Thanks / Like

I like the Robert Kaufman Calculator, and of course M*s app. An app for this forum would be nice. Plus I would love a way to download the apps direct from this forum (or some official M* site) without using google play store/services.

Shiny Thimble

Post Thanks / Like

I'd like a way to sort by precut. If I have a layer cake I want yo use, I'd like to be able to sort tutorials by precut used.

Missouri Star

Just outside of St. Louis in rural Missouri
    Post Thanks / Like

A mobile friendly shopping app would be nice, instead of having to go through your browser to get there....Also like the idea of a precut app, that includes the tutorial that coincide with that particular precut.
    Blankets wrap you in warmth, quilts wrap you in love

Marilyn......