Hi Guest, Welcome to the quilting forums, register now —or—

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    The Guild President

Post Thanks / Like

Default Re: Breakfast Recipes - National Breakfast Month

Grew up having coffee for breakfast with a buttered hard roll or 2 slices of white bread toast and it's still my fave although nowadays it's 1 slice of wheat toast. I love breakfast casseroles and usually make them for Brunch, also make Baked French Toast.

Re: coffee for breakfast, In the morning my mother would make a pot of coffee in the percolator for my father and grandfather to have before they left for work. She had some and not to waste the leftover coffee we kids got a cup. Young ones got mostly milk in their cup and as we grew older we had less milk and more coffee. We were drinking Cafe Latte way before the Starbucks.
    MissMay AKA May in Jersey

Beginning Stitcher

Post Thanks / Like

@Cool Breeze Quilter Refer my breakfast recipe so that you can try this and also you may experience some new taste.

Avocado Tartine

Ingredients:

2 slices gluten-free bread
    1 small avocado, pitted and peeled
    a pinch of cayenne pepper
    1 teaspoon lemon or lime juice
    salt
    pepper

Directions:

1. Toast the bread.
    2. In a bowl, mash the avocado, cayenne, lemon or lime juice, and salt and pepper to taste with a fork.
    3. Spread avocado mash onto the toast.

Beginning Stitcher

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Patty J View Post
    Here is my husbands' and his friend's favorite breakfast meal. When they play cards, he spends the night (lives out of town) and I get this one fixed up for them for early morning breakfast.
    Brunch Casserole
    8 slices of bread, whole or cubed ( I always cube mine and sometimes I use leftover hard rolls, hamburger buns)
    6 eggs
    2 cups of milk
    2 cups grated or shredded cheddar cheese
    2 pounds of cooked and crumbled sausage
    1 can cream of mushroom soup undiluted
    Grease or use Pam spray to a 9x13 inch cake pan. Add the bread to the pan. Mix egg, milk and pour over the bread. I cover the pan with foil and refrigerate overnight. Also I cook the sausage the night before so it is ready to go into the casserole in the morning.,
    In the morning mix the sausage and the soup together and spread over the egg and bread mixture. Top with the grated cheese. Bake uncovered at 350 degrees for an hour. Serve with fresh fruit. Delicious
    You can also add some sliced mushrooms, peppers, or other seasoning. Enjoy.
    I am gonna try your recipe right yesterday.. Incredibly I was surprised and I delighted in it truly.