• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • PatinValrico
    Binding Belle
    • Oct 2015

Re: Random Super Thoughts!

Let me think about this. With my cooking superpowers I can turn a growling, grumpy, 250 pound, 6'4" retired Navy Seal into a peaceful, reclining, napping cuddle bear. My quilting superpowers I can chase away the worst winter's chill and damp and make pillowcases that put smiles on small children's faces where before there were none.

We all have gifts and talents that we have not begun to use! Have a SUPER weekend!! Don't forget you capes!!
    Last edited by PatinValrico; September 9, 2016, 11:16 AM.

Comment

• PatinValrico
      Binding Belle
      • Oct 2015

Silly!! You do not add the vodka to the potatoes!!

Comment

• PatinValrico
        Binding Belle
        • Oct 2015

My DH contribution to this thread is that I can make the lame walk (read run in the other direction! ) with my tuna casserole! What!? I think it's pretty good!!

Comment

• quiltingaway
          Missouri Star
          • Sep 2014

Originally posted by Hulamoon View Post
          That was supposed to be spice rack.
          I wondered what you meant by that ....
          Annie
          "The Mountains are calling and I must go" John Muir

Comment

• Carolnnc
            The Guild President
            • Oct 2015

My food superpower would be my organization and recipes. I can turn out a meal in under an hour if needed.
            My quilting superpower would be I know when to give up and throw the wonky pieces in a dark corner.
            :icon_happy:

sigpic

Comment

• MaryUK
              Missouri Star
              • Feb 2016

My cooking super power is my lemon drizzle cake - much loved by all who manage to snake a piece from under the eye of DH.
              My quilting super power is getting my fabric out and deciding which go with which pattern but not starting any of them!!! Just a heap of fabric on my cutting table!!

Comment

• mommadeb
                Missouri Star
                • Dec 2011

Quilting super power: Binding. I LOVE BINDING!!
                Cooking: anything my husband cooks is my super power. I hate to cook even though I can if I want to.

Comment

• dizzyLiz
                  The Guild President
                  • Jan 2012

My Quilting Super Power is......I can make all my fears, worry, anxiety dissolve ...Poof it's gone- just by going to my sewing studio

My Cooking Super Power-- hmmmmm I have many- Chocolate Eclair Cake that honestly is orgasmic, corn bread stuffing ( my DH says is Divine)- Macaroni Pie that is a food group of it's own- my Christmas Cut out cookies using a recipe that goes back at least 6 generations- my roast beef is unforgettable- Cabbage and Ham boiled dinner ( everyone asks for the recipe) Low Country Boil that makes the south not only rise, but rises to a NEW LEVEL. LOL I'm southern and yes I can cook LOL. Wish I was as good at doing dishes
                  Keep the Faith

dizzyLiz

http://soundclick.com/share.cfm?id=1196342

Comment

• pcbatiks
                    Missouri Star
                    • Mar 2012

My cooking super power is the consistent ability to start preparing a meal and find out I'm missing one or two ingredients. I'm quite good at it.......it just happened tonight! Just call me Captain Disorganized........until I think of another name.

My alter ego cooking super power would be making homemade cookies that are so good they disappear way too fast!
                    "I'm putting together a list of 100 reasons why I am NOT relentless!" - Sue Heck, The Middle

Leonard: For God's sake, Sheldon, do I have to hold up a sarcasm sign every time I open my mouth?
                    Sheldon (intrigued): You have a sarcasm sign?

Comment

• AuntieVic
                      The Guild President
                      • Jul 2013

My Quilting Superpower is "buying fabric" and reading patterns and looking for ways to change the design.

My Cooking Superpower is "coming home after my husband, so that dinner is already started".
                      Vicki C:icon_hi:

Comment

• pcbatiks
                        Missouri Star
                        • Mar 2012

My quilting super power is the exceptional ability to spend much more time browsing through quilt idea than I actually spend working on a quilt!

Lorie-Hulamoon........I read your post this morning and thought......."alrighty then" I decided to leave that one alone.......I knew you would come back later and explain.

It sounds like we have lots of great cooks on this forum!
                        "I'm putting together a list of 100 reasons why I am NOT relentless!" - Sue Heck, The Middle

Leonard: For God's sake, Sheldon, do I have to hold up a sarcasm sign every time I open my mouth?
                        Sheldon (intrigued): You have a sarcasm sign?

Comment

• DeniseSm
                          Missouri Star
                          • Nov 2013

My quilting super power is color. I have a gift for combining the right fabrics together. I have a large stash and am willing to spend the time finding just the right fabrics. I have learned how to listen to my quilts and adjust on the fly. It makes me so happy when I finally have everything singing together. I will call my super power "Stash Happiness"

My cooking super power is efficient adjustments. I have learned how to add just a few ingredients to make each dish sing. I have learned how to add ingredients for flavor while keeping the sugar and the saturated fat content low. I have learned which ingredients I can strip out without losing any flavor, and vastly reducing the saturated fat content. I will call this super power"Eat well and live long"
                          Stash Treasure Acquisitions Beyond Life Expectancy. My stash keeps me STABLE, oh yeah.... and dark chocolate.

Comment

• SallyO'Sews
                            Missouri Star
                            • Nov 2012

My cooking super power is beef stroganoff. Probably unrecognizable to anyone from eastern Europe, but it does have beef, onions mushrooms, and sour cream, and is my DS#7's favorite. You can serve it over rice, but we like it with farfalle (aka bow-tie pasta).

I'm making it this Sunday after church, as DS#7 and his wife & little one are coming to town, along with DS#4 and his wife. If you would like to join us, you're more than welcome!

Comment

• Hulamoon
                              Missouri Star
                              • Jul 2012

Originally posted by pcbatiks View Post

Lorie-Hulamoon........I read your post this morning and thought......."alrighty then" I decided to leave that one alone.......I knew you would come back later and explain.
                              Early morning and no glasses. lol

Originally posted by pcbatiks View Post
                              My cooking super power is the consistent ability to start preparing a meal and find out I'm missing one or two ingredients. I'm quite good at it.......it just happened tonight! Just call me Captain Disorganized........until I think of another name.
                              I have that power too! I was going to make caesar dressing and two times forgot something. So tomorrow is it!
                              🌺 Lorie

Comment

• baskets4deb
                                The Guild President
                                • Jul 2013

My quilting super power is I shop faster than I sew.

My cooking super power used to be zucchini...when we gardened I had many recipes. Besides that I canned, froze and dried many a zucchini.

My physical super power is that I can wiggle my ears.
                                Rescued is my favorite breed.

Comment

Working...
                                X