Hi Guest, Welcome to the quilting forums, register now —or—

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    Missouri Star

Post Thanks / Like

Default Re: Random Super Thoughts!

My cooking super power is my lemon drizzle cake - much loved by all who manage to snake a piece from under the eye of DH.
    My quilting super power is getting my fabric out and deciding which go with which pattern but not starting any of them!!! Just a heap of fabric on my cutting table!!

2. Thanks pcbatiks thanked for this post
    Missouri Star

Post Thanks / Like

Quilting super power: Binding. I LOVE BINDING!!
    Cooking: anything my husband cooks is my super power. I hate to cook even though I can if I want to.

4. Thanks pcbatiks thanked for this post
    The Guild President

Post Thanks / Like

My Quilting Super Power is......I can make all my fears, worry, anxiety dissolve ...Poof it's gone- just by going to my sewing studio

My Cooking Super Power-- hmmmmm I have many- Chocolate Eclair Cake that honestly is orgasmic, corn bread stuffing ( my DH says is Divine)- Macaroni Pie that is a food group of it's own- my Christmas Cut out cookies using a recipe that goes back at least 6 generations- my roast beef is unforgettable- Cabbage and Ham boiled dinner ( everyone asks for the recipe) Low Country Boil that makes the south not only rise, but rises to a NEW LEVEL. LOL I'm southern and yes I can cook LOL. Wish I was as good at doing dishes

6. Thanks pcbatiks thanked for this post
    Missouri Star

Post Thanks / Like

My cooking super power is the consistent ability to start preparing a meal and find out I'm missing one or two ingredients. I'm quite good at it.......it just happened tonight! Just call me Captain Disorganized........until I think of another name.

My alter ego cooking super power would be making homemade cookies that are so good they disappear way too fast!
    "I'm putting together a list of 100 reasons why I am NOT relentless!" - Sue Heck, The Middle

Leonard: For God's sake, Sheldon, do I have to hold up a sarcasm sign every time I open my mouth?
    Sheldon (intrigued): You have a sarcasm sign?

The Guild President

Post Thanks / Like

My Quilting Superpower is "buying fabric" and reading patterns and looking for ways to change the design.

My Cooking Superpower is "coming home after my husband, so that dinner is already started".
    Vicki C

9. Thanks pcbatiks thanked for this post
    Missouri Star

Post Thanks / Like

My quilting super power is the exceptional ability to spend much more time browsing through quilt idea than I actually spend working on a quilt!

Lorie-Hulamoon........I read your post this morning and thought......."alrighty then" I decided to leave that one alone.......I knew you would come back later and explain.

It sounds like we have lots of great cooks on this forum!
    "I'm putting together a list of 100 reasons why I am NOT relentless!" - Sue Heck, The Middle

Leonard: For God's sake, Sheldon, do I have to hold up a sarcasm sign every time I open my mouth?
    Sheldon (intrigued): You have a sarcasm sign?

Missouri Star

Post Thanks / Like

My quilting super power is color. I have a gift for combining the right fabrics together. I have a large stash and am willing to spend the time finding just the right fabrics. I have learned how to listen to my quilts and adjust on the fly. It makes me so happy when I finally have everything singing together. I will call my super power "Stash Happiness"

My cooking super power is efficient adjustments. I have learned how to add just a few ingredients to make each dish sing. I have learned how to add ingredients for flavor while keeping the sugar and the saturated fat content low. I have learned which ingredients I can strip out without losing any flavor, and vastly reducing the saturated fat content. I will call this super power"Eat well and live long"
    Stash Treasure Acquisitions Beyond Life Expectancy. My stash keeps me STABLE, oh yeah.... and dark chocolate.

Missouri Star

Post Thanks / Like

My cooking super power is beef stroganoff. Probably unrecognizable to anyone from eastern Europe, but it does have beef, onions mushrooms, and sour cream, and is my DS#7's favorite. You can serve it over rice, but we like it with farfalle (aka bow-tie pasta).

I'm making it this Sunday after church, as DS#7 and his wife & little one are coming to town, along with DS#4 and his wife. If you would like to join us, you're more than welcome!

Missouri Star

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by pcbatiks View Post

Lorie-Hulamoon........I read your post this morning and thought......."alrighty then" I decided to leave that one alone.......I knew you would come back later and explain.
    Early morning and no glasses. lol

Quote Originally Posted by pcbatiks View Post
    My cooking super power is the consistent ability to start preparing a meal and find out I'm missing one or two ingredients. I'm quite good at it.......it just happened tonight! Just call me Captain Disorganized........until I think of another name.
    I have that power too! I was going to make caesar dressing and two times forgot something. So tomorrow is it!

Lorie

The Guild President

Post Thanks / Like

My quilting super power is I shop faster than I sew.

My cooking super power used to be zucchini...when we gardened I had many recipes. Besides that I canned, froze and dried many a zucchini.

My physical super power is that I can wiggle my ears.
    Rescued is my favorite breed.