Hi Guest, Welcome to the quilting forums, register now —or—

Missouri Star

Post Thanks / Like

Default The Weekend Is Upon Us

Good morning and Happy Friday everyone. It will be a longer work day for me today -- no more 4 o'clock closing. That's just for the summertime and any Friday before a holiday. That last hour sure does drag by for the first few weeks back onto the normal schedule.

Not sure what the plans will bring this weekend. I do know it will involve at least a trip into Brooklyn but it may also involve taking a jaunt up to Peekskill to take a gander at ds's new house. It's actually a townhouse and the pictures look great. Not sure if we will do that yet. Guess we will decide tomorrow.

I finished sewing down the binding on my lattice quilt last night and it is ready to go onto our bed. Of course, it is not really cool enough to actually need it but it's going to look great on it. I know that cool weather will head our way soon though.

Have a super day today all.
    Ginny B

http://www.ginnyscraftbasket.wordpress.com

Missouri Star

Post Thanks / Like

Default Re: The Weekend Is Upon Us

Good morning all,
    Loving the tutorial this morning. My girls are going to a wedding in a few weeks, and I've known the bride and groom since they were born! I think I'm going to try to push to make the Simple Diamond quilt in shades of grey (the couple likes a neutral, modern theme). I'll send it along with the girls if I get it done
    Today will be the gym, then groceries... long list, LOL
    I hope everyone has a great weekend!

Missouri Star

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by songbird857 View Post
    Good morning all,
    Loving the tutorial this morning. My girls are going to a wedding in a few weeks, and I've known the bride and groom since they were born! I think I'm going to try to push to make the Simple Diamond quilt in shades of grey (the couple likes a neutral, modern theme). I'll send it along with the girls if I get it done
    Today will be the gym, then groceries... long list, LOL
    I hope everyone has a great weekend!
    It will look great in gray!!! As I watched the tutorial I was thinking how modern it would look in gray. Super nice for a gift!!

Missouri Star

Post Thanks / Like

Morning all! Did not even have a chance to get in here yesterday. One of our team members is off on sick leave at one of the busiest times of the year so I have to chip in to help out with some of his work and it's been insanely busy! It's so nice to see how active the forum has become! Maybe people just needed some encouragement to get posting! It's wonderful to see.

Another weekend is upon us. I have signed up for a "girlfriends" meetup group and there is an event tonight that I am going to force myself to go to. Wish me luck! Then tomorrow I'm going to go to the park with the bird after I drop the dog off for grooming, then home to get my very late spring cleaning done! Wish me luck...I've been promising myself I would do this for months! LOL! It's times like these when I miss having a partner.

Sending love and hugs to all who need them. Will try and check in later! xoxox

Missouri Star

Post Thanks / Like

Another sunny day in Colorado! I got more housecleaning & dusting done yest. I washed some curtains. I hang them dripping wet outside on the line. In the sun & breeze they were dry in no time. Today shopping is on the agenda: Penneys for some baby sleepers on sale & two groc. stores.

My tooth extraction site was hurting worse yest. I ended up taking pain pills 3 times. Acetaminophen alone didn't cut it. I have to be careful with the use of Ibuprofen due to a history of reflux. I'll be glad when things get better. My dentist called to see how I was getting along or if I was having any problems. He said to call his cell phone if anything got worse. He's the first dentist I've ever had who did this. He was the replacement for the dentist we'd had many years who retired at the end of last year. He's doing a great job; we like him.

In the afternoon I finished sewing together the blocks, then the rows, for the Cutting Corners quilt top. I wanted to get it done so I could take it up off my "design floor" in the fam. rm. Now I can finish cleaning the bsmt.

I've been wanting to make a wedge/diamond quilt for some time. I might have to try Jenny's new tutorial. I have some batiks layer cakes that might work. I already have the template. I probably won't get much sewing done in the next 9 days. I have too much to do to get ready for DS's visit. Also, it's time to make DH's chicken soup again & bake his spelt bread. Somewhere in there I need to do some more yard work!

I hope everyone has a good week end.

Missouri Star

Post Thanks / Like

Good morning to all, and happy Friday.

It has occurred to me that I haven't done any sewing in over a week. First is was getting ready for a camping trip, then the actual trip, upon returning the work was piled up at the office so put in extra hours to get caught up, and a board meeting last night.

I will probably have to work tomorrow as well, as corporate tax returns (that were extended) are due on the 15th, and as typical several of our clients have waited until the last minute to bring us their records.

Sunday we have a picnic to attend on the beach in Seattle. Haven't decided yet if I will be going, need to find out if the Seattle Seahawks are playing in town or away on Sunday. If they're in town, traffic will be a bear, and I'll stay home and get some sewing time in.

Geez I'm tired - I think I need another mini vacation to rest.

Missouri Star

Post Thanks / Like

Wendy said, " have signed up for a "girlfriends" meetup group and there is an event tonight that I am going to force myself to go to. Wish me luck! "

I know how you feel about joining a new group to meet new people, The other day we sort of forced ourselves to attend another Senior's meeting, we'd like to now more people in our area and I thought the meetings would be great way to do that. Our table mates were very nice and we talked a bit before a very long (boring) meeting devoted to minutes, treasury reports, etc. and then had 5 different people at 5 different times attempt to add our names to the list of people sitting at our table. Yes, we are to sit at the same table every time we go - so much for getting to know lots more people. Lots of rules you have to follow or you get remanded. Do you think they are over organized a bit? Our membership is paid up to the end of the year and will attend a few more meetings before we decided if we want to join in 2017.

Off to finish the last pillowcase and will get them in the mail to LA ASAP.

Tomorrow my 2 sisters will be over for a visit. We usually email or talk on the phone but they said they want to see me in person. God Blessed me with some great sisters.

Missouri Star

Post Thanks / Like

Wishing luck to you Wendy! Um May, yeah, I think they are a bit over-organized!

I have finished the quilt top of an I-Spy for my newest nephew (will post piccies later) which I need to sandwich and quilt; still working on my youngest daughters quilt (Big Stars on one side; quarter dresden fans on the back) as centre square needs to be unstitched and a sashing strip added; a periwinkle quilt that I was awaiting fabric on (which came in this week!!!); several strip star table runners on the go in Christmas fabric that need to be sewed together (gifts for family members) then sandwiched and quilted. Oh and I have the elevation quilt I still need to add black edging and then the border fabric; then sandwich and quilt. OMG, I am a UFO junkie.
    Sandy B.
    "A heart that gives will never be empty."

Missouri Star

Post Thanks / Like

I've been out with DH to some friends for dinner, it was a lovely time!!
    All evening we talked about our proposed to to New England in September next year and the best way to see it!! Do we go on an organised tour or independently? So many pros and cons. Our friends lived in Boston when he first qualified from med school in England so obviously they told us to go independently but DH wants to go on an organised tour. Many discussions to follow.
    Hope to get in the setting room tomorrow - not been in there for nearly two weeks!!