Hi Guest, Welcome to the quilting forums, register now —or—

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast
    Missouri Star

Post Thanks / Like

Default Random "Deep" Thoughts....

Over the past few weeks, several forum friends have mentioned that things seem to have slowed down on the forum. May & I were talking and hoping to get fun conversations going again. A couple of years ago cyndiofthevortex started a night owl thread for all of us who couldn't sleep through the night......and it's still going. She started posting questions or topics to talk about. Someone would always post a topic to get us started. It was fun and helped fill long stretches of late hours when we were wide awake.

So we were thinking it would be fun to bring back some of those questions to be answered by anyone wanting to participate. But it doesn't have to be older questions from the past & it doesn't have to be about quilting. If you have an interesting topic or question please fill free to post it. This thread can be started by anyone. You don't have to be a night owl or an early bird......just join in whenever you like. We just want to have some fun conversations and interactions between forum members. Please keep it fun and friendly. These type of post can be fun for everyone and can be a helpful distraction for those who are going through trying times right now.

We can start with the following questions posted by Cyndi a few years ago. She was discussing creative ideas for quilting projects.

Where do you find your creative ideas? Quilt shows? Books? Your garden? Your kid's drawings? Cards and Calendars? Inspiration is everywhere!

Please share your stories with us.
    "I'm putting together a list of 100 reasons why I am NOT relentless!" - Sue Heck, The Middle

Leonard: For God's sake, Sheldon, do I have to hold up a sarcasm sign every time I open my mouth?
    Sheldon (intrigued): You have a sarcasm sign?

2. Thanks Sylvia H thanked for this post
    Missouri Star

Post Thanks / Like

Default Re: Random "Deep" Thoughts....

Don't have time for this right now but thanks for posting! I've tried posting a few threads to get things going around here too! This is a fantastic idea!! xox

Missouri Star

Post Thanks / Like

Good idea, I always enjoyed those posts.

I get alot of my ideas from my local quilt shop. They always seem to find such great projects, that's why I have so many UFO's cause I always get sidetracked with the new new before finishing the previous one!

I also love Jenny's tutorials and have a "to do" list of those I want to try and then there's all the creativity posted right here on the board.

So many projects and just not enough time!
    Nobody is going to stand up at your funeral and say she had a really expensive sofa and great shoes Life is not about stuff.

Visit my Flickr page, sewing and cakes!
    http://www.flickr.com/photos/90704986@N07/

www.pinterest.com/cathyfiebe/boards

Missouri Star

Post Thanks / Like

Hi Wendy, just come back and post when you have time and be thinking of other questions or topics. I need to get on the exercise bike and will post my answer in a little while.
    "I'm putting together a list of 100 reasons why I am NOT relentless!" - Sue Heck, The Middle

Leonard: For God's sake, Sheldon, do I have to hold up a sarcasm sign every time I open my mouth?
    Sheldon (intrigued): You have a sarcasm sign?

Missouri Star

Post Thanks / Like

That's a great idea. I was very active when the night owls started, but it became just like the morning thread. In my time zone they are the same thing. lol I was on a forum where they had a question of the day or night now. It was really fun.

Lorie

Missouri Star

Post Thanks / Like

Most of my quilts come from either Jenny's tutorials or other patterns I found on Craftsy.

But my most creative and unique quilt was inspired by my mother. Mom was an avid quilter and also into family geneology.

Before she passed away, she had planned one particulal table runner using the orange peal applique, already having purchased the fabric and started cutting out the orange peals, but she told me that she had changed her mind and she wanted to make it into a family tree. Knowing Mom was near the end and would never get this one started, much less finished, we discussed what she wanted done. She wanted the fabrics she had chosen used, and each leaf (orange peel) to represent a member of her family.

Two months later Mom passed away, and to honor her, this is what I created, each leaf has a family member's name embroidered on it (I had to purchase a machine just for this), and there is even a dog applique at the base of the tree in memory of her favorite dog.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Family Tree.jpg 
Views:	86 
Size:	78.9 KB 
ID:	134795

8. Thanks quiltingaway, pcbatiks thanked for this post
    Missouri Star

Post Thanks / Like

If you start this does it always have to be about quilting?

Lorie

Missouri Star

Post Thanks / Like

saw this the other day-still pondering
    When butterflies fall in love, do they get humans in their tummies?
    What do you think?
    ATTITUDE IS THE DIFFERENCE BETWEEN AN ORDEAL AND AN ADVENTURE

11. Thanks pcbatiks thanked for this post
    Missouri Star

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by LauraP View Post
    saw this the other day-still pondering
    When butterflies fall in love, do they get humans in their tummies?
    What do you think?
    That's really deep. lol I sure hope not. When I was a teen, a boyfriend and I went up the coast and there was the Monarch butterfly migration. It was in a forest right on a beach. They covered every inch of the trees.Talk about magical.

Lorie

13. Thanks pcbatiks thanked for this post
    Missouri Star

Post Thanks / Like

Most of mine come from books printed pre-1980, because those are the types of patterns I enjoy most. Just not attracted to many of the newer ones.