Hi Guest, Welcome to the quilting forums, register now —or—

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    Missouri Star

Post Thanks / Like

Default SO YOU THINK YOU ARE HAVING A BAD HAIR DAY

It doesn't compare with mine, and I'm having lunch with the girls. What was your worse Bad Hair Day?
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	BAD HAIR DAY.jpg 
Views:	87 
Size:	66.6 KB 
ID:	134777

Missouri Star

Post Thanks / Like

Default Re: SO YOU THINK YOU ARE HAVING A BAD HAIR DAY

When I was 19, my best friend gave me a perm one weekend - I had long hair at the time - and it didn't take. So the next sunday she permed my hair again and I slept in the curlers "to make sure it would take". When I got up and removed the curlers, I had a huge afro. So I washed my hair (and part of the perm) out of my hair to get rid of the afro.

Then I decided to get a professional perm and went to the hairdressers that week. He asked me "Have I ever given you a perm before?' and I said no, because he hadn't. And I told him my hair didn't take perms well. So he said he would give me a strong one.

When it came time to take the curlers out, he got this panicked look on his face as he took out the first curler. He started taking out the curlers really fast and asked me "Are you sure you haven't had a perm before?" So I told him about the two perms over the last two weekends and he really got scared. Anyway, my hair was fried. He had to cut most of it off. I looked like I had a furry q-tip for a head by the time he was done.

Jeannette

Missouri Star

Post Thanks / Like

Everyday is my bad hair day! I have really thick curly wavy frizzy hair to almost my shoulders. I stopped highlighting it 2 years ago and I like to tell my friends that "fifty shades of gray" is the exact color of my hair. I am working towards the old lady with single braid over her shoulder look. If I had my way I would just cut it off real short but my husband just has a fit every time I say I am getting it cut. Why are guys like this anyway??!!!!

Missouri Star

Post Thanks / Like

I wake up every morning with my hair all different directions of craziness!!
    pat.

No rain....no rainbows!

Missouri Star

Post Thanks / Like

Every day as my hair is below my shoulders baby fine and curly/wavy depending on the humidity. It is 50 shades of gray now. Hubby was not crazy about it but has adjusted. And he too is another man who does not like me in short hair. So I will be that old lady with the long gray ponytail over my shoulder. Its fine because if its too short I can't put it up when it gets hot and I can not stand any hair on my neck when its hot as it is my head and neck that sweat the most.
    Iris Girl = April = fabric, Fabric FABRIC!!
    Time spent with cats is never wasted.
    Sigmund Freud

Missouri Star

Post Thanks / Like

I have thick, curly/wavy/frizzy reddish hair. Currently it's a short bob sort of a thing but I often end up pulling back the top of my hair into a clip and then putting on my horned rim glasses. It's a startling look at times. It's also highlighted right now in an attempt to blend in my gray. I guess lately every day is a bad hair day.

Missouri Star

Post Thanks / Like

My hair has a life of her own!

Missouri Star

Post Thanks / Like

Went for a body wave once when I was pregnant. Came home and DH said "You paid money for THAT!". That said it all, washed my hair 3 times a day for the next week trying to get it to relax.

Missouri Star

Post Thanks / Like

I remember 30 years ago I was selling herbs and spices at a home and garden show and a group of old women came in and we had a conversation. we were talking about hair and I mentioned I would probably keep my hair long and one woman said< That is great dear...you'll know when its time to let go of your hair.
    Well, Now I'm in my late 60's and I"ve thought for the past 10 years I was just going to be the bun lady. I get it cut to my shoulders and it grows and grows and then I get it cut to my shoulders because it's heavy. Well, for about 2 weeks now, I have been admiring short hair cuts that look like I could manage. So I sat with DH and asked him what he thought. He said, "its your hair" then he said, if you don't like it, it will grow. I still haven't decided, but I might be to the point of knowing when its time.

Missouri Star

Post Thanks / Like

Good question, May. I have quite a few bad hair days especially during the humid summer weather. My hair is thin, fine and straight. Some days my hair cooperates with me and other times....it's as if my hair is saying "no....we're not going to do that"!

I know it's time to cut it when it gets so limp that I can't do a thing with it. I've mentioned this before......as the grays are coming in more and more......I should just tell people that I've been sanding sheetrock..... and it's sheetrock dust!

Have you ever noticed that the same hair that has been driving you crazy will do perfectly the day of your haircut appointment!
    "I'm putting together a list of 100 reasons why I am NOT relentless!" - Sue Heck, The Middle

Leonard: For God's sake, Sheldon, do I have to hold up a sarcasm sign every time I open my mouth?
    Sheldon (intrigued): You have a sarcasm sign?

11. Thanks SallyO'Sews thanked for this post