Hi Guest, Welcome to the quilting forums, register now —or—

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Missouri Star

Post Thanks / Like

Default Re: SO YOU THINK YOU ARE HAVING A BAD HAIR DAY

I used to be a beautician in one of my past lives, and I still have awful hair. The highlight of my hair story lately is when a friend, noticing the grey streak down the back of my head, said "You know, some people pay good money to get their hair to look like that!"

I have always envied people who have a hair style that suits them and they stick with it. Forever. Maybe they are not fashion icons, but at least they know what their hair wants to do. And they don't fight it.

Missouri Star

Post Thanks / Like

My hair is like Pam's...thin, fine and stick straight. I don't get perms partly for two reasons (1) my hair won't stay wrapped around the perm rods, and (2) it takes a strong perm to get much curl and my hair ends up burnt. I keep it short because when it gets some length it goes flat and won't hold the curl from the curling iron. One good thing...I have very little gray....I took after my Dad in that respect.
    *~* Myrna *~*
    *~* Quilters lead pieceful lives *~*

Missouri Star

Post Thanks / Like

I'm another one with limp hair. My hair perms OK but it grows fast and in a few months it is long and won't hold a curl at all and the process begins again.

What was the worst hair style you tried?
    Mine was the bee hive. Had it done at local cheapie shop for a formal dinner and I looked as if my head was twice its size. Believe me a whole bee hive of bees could have lived there. Needless to say I washed that hive out and went to the dinner with my regular everyday hairstyle.

4. Thanks SewnByBee thanked for this post
    Missouri Star

Post Thanks / Like

My worst was when I was on the swim - team and We came up out of the water, to hear someone say , wow....she's got green hair.....I'm looking around to see who there talking about, when I said Who has green hair, they said You.
    .....Now that was a bad hair day.......lol
    FYI ....BLOND HAIR + CLOREEN + DAILY = GREEN HAIR

the cure is Mayonnaise. ...lol + lemon juice.....

# 2
    When I was a young and trying to find my style , I went to a guy, to get my hair done and he takes his fingers and just ruffles up my hair , then takes a tessing comb to it.....messing it up a bit more, saying you can do this .....MESSED UP ....look very well..... I said Grate,
    at least , it was done on purpose......LOL......

I have a frizzy - ness to my straight hsir, so hairspray, is my friend, add a little fluuf, and a texturing hair spray, lift Teese, lift, comb backwards.... and hey.....it does work for me.
    So my strategy is to just go with it.

....80'S Hair !!!!

...... Click image for larger version. 

Name:	FB_IMG_1473004598208.jpg 
Views:	18 
Size:	57.4 KB 
ID:	134792
    Last edited by SewnByBee; September 7th, 2016 at 11:12 AM.

....Bee
    The footprint's in the sand are not mine, but is that of the Lord's, who has been carrying me....

~~♡
    ~~~~Sewn By Bee

Missouri Star

Post Thanks / Like

May....do you have a picture of that beehive hair-do? I would love to see that!
    "I'm putting together a list of 100 reasons why I am NOT relentless!" - Sue Heck, The Middle

Leonard: For God's sake, Sheldon, do I have to hold up a sarcasm sign every time I open my mouth?
    Sheldon (intrigued): You have a sarcasm sign?

Missouri Star

Post Thanks / Like

Post Re: SO YOU THINK YOU ARE HAVING A BAD HAIR DAY

My mom..... Bee hive hair do.....

..... Click image for larger version. 

Name:	PhotoEditor-1473270404168.jpg 
Views:	21 
Size:	101.6 KB 
ID:	134798

Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	FB_IMG_1468170352257.jpg 
Views:	16 
Size:	27.1 KB 
ID:	134797  
    Last edited by SewnByBee; September 7th, 2016 at 12:46 PM.

....Bee
    The footprint's in the sand are not mine, but is that of the Lord's, who has been carrying me....

~~♡
    ~~~~Sewn By Bee

Missouri Star

Post Thanks / Like

I don't have any photos with my bee hive hair do, it was something like this one. Have to say it did make me taller.

Name:  beehive haIR DO.jpg
Views: 41
Size:  6.2 KB
    Then there is the woman with the ultimate bee hive hair do, Marge Simpson.Name:  marge simpson.jpg
Views: 43
Size:  9.9 KBDon't know who her friend, is she came along with Marge's photo.
    Last edited by MayinJerset; September 7th, 2016 at 05:56 PM.

Missouri Star

Post Thanks / Like

Ah, hair, my favorite subject. Not.

I have curly, wavy or frizzy hair depending on the humidity and whether it's hair that has stayed brown or turned grey. In other words, the hair at the back of my neck is WAY curlier than the hair on top of my head. One of Miss Clairol's friends makes sure that no one gets to see the color difference, but the texture does give it away!

My worst hair day got immortalized, I kid you not. I got up late and my bangs were basically sticking up at a 60 degree angle. I had to make a phone call, so I just headed into my office. You know, my office at the front of the house where I can see the street. And the street can see me. Also, the Google Maps car could see me when it drove by AND TOOK MY PICTURE AND PUT IT ON THE INTERNET!!!!!

Fortunately, they update those photos from time to time, so I guess it wasn't really immortal. It just felt like it for a year.
    Toni ... If I keep sewing long enough, will they make their own dinner?

10. Thanks pcbatiks thanked for this post
    Applique Angel

Post Thanks / Like

not mentioning all the years growing up that my mother would practice giving perms, on me. argh. about 10 years ago, went to my hair guy, Robert, for some highlights. the salon had just swapped to a new organic line of hair products. he'd been doing my hair for years. long story short. my hair, which was long to my middle back, turned PUMPKIN ORANGE. it was a Friday night, I had gone in straight from work. hubby was at home with dinner, I called him and asked him to bring it to the salon, and enough for Robert. Robert very quietly asked me if my husband was a 'big man'.....lol...we were there until 1030 that night. he did 2 more rounds of color and got it back to a brown. months later they found out it was the portion he had added for my gray hair. they figured it out when it happened to another woman.

12. Thanks pcbatiks thanked for this post
    Missouri Star

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by bttyboopette View Post
    not mentioning all the years growing up that my mother would practice giving perms, on me. argh. about 10 years ago, went to my hair guy, Robert, for some highlights. the salon had just swapped to a new organic line of hair products. he'd been doing my hair for years. long story short. my hair, which was long to my middle back, turned PUMPKIN ORANGE. it was a Friday night, I had gone in straight from work. hubby was at home with dinner, I called him and asked him to bring it to the salon, and enough for Robert. Robert very quietly asked me if my husband was a 'big man'.....lol...we were there until 1030 that night. he did 2 more rounds of color and got it back to a brown. months later they found out it was the portion he had added for my gray hair. they figured it out when it happened to another woman.
    Was it during the fall? You could have made that pumpkin orange work for you.
    "I'm putting together a list of 100 reasons why I am NOT relentless!" - Sue Heck, The Middle

Leonard: For God's sake, Sheldon, do I have to hold up a sarcasm sign every time I open my mouth?
    Sheldon (intrigued): You have a sarcasm sign?