Hi Guest, Welcome to the quilting forums, register now —or—

Missouri Star

Post Thanks / Like

Default Relaxing Monday morning

Good morning everyone. Happy Labor Day. We had a nice day yesterday. I made some ricotta pancakes for breakfast and then just puttered about for a bit before heading to a local farm stand for what we need for the week. After that I put together a pan of baked ziti for dinner and cooked some potatoes for today's potato salad while dh worked on prepping the ribs for the BBQ. After that, I headed up to my sewing room but not a stitch was sewn. Instead I worked on clearing out stuff that didn't belong there and the I proceeded to rearrange the room a bit. I get the urge to do that every once in a while. It's not finished yet but I will get to it today after I clean out the pantry (a task I have been putting off).

We sat outside after dinner and enjoyed a very nice evening. The weather was beautiful yesterday. Today is cloudy and a little breezy. Hermine is not affecting us like they thought it might. Still some coastal flood warnings though.

What's everyone else up to today? Hope you all have a good day whatever your plans are.
    Ginny B

http://www.ginnyscraftbasket.wordpress.com

2. Thanks songbird857 thanked for this post
    Missouri Star

Post Thanks / Like

Default Re: Relaxing Monday morning

Good morning Ginny.
    Not much going on here. The picnic we were supposed to go to was cancelled since DH's brother fell and broke a few ribs. So, DH is going to work in the garden, Katie is going fishing, and I will be FMQ the 7th quilt I have for Marilyn. The other 6 are completely finished. That will be my day along with catching up on the wash. I like staying home when I can so it will be a great day.
    I hope everyone has a great Labor Day.
    http://www.flickr.com/photos/quiltsbytrish
    http://quiltdreaming.blogspot.com
    http://pinterest.com/TrishLapp

What if you woke up today and the only things you had were the things you thanked God for yesterday? quilting trish

4. Thanks songbird857 thanked for this post
    Applique Angel

Post Thanks / Like

A bit of a grey day here in Scotland but I'm at work so I don't feel too bad about it. Hopefully once I get home and get the children settled for the night, I'll get the fabric out and start cutting blocks for my 365.

6. Thanks songbird857 thanked for this post
    Missouri Star

Post Thanks / Like

Hi Everyone....We're having beautiful weather. Jeff is tailgating with our neighbor Steve. I'm doing some machine embroidery and hope to finish the binding on the Flutterbye quilt.

We will grill meat today and I'm making potato salad, too.

Wishing everyone a beautiful ending to the long weekend.

8. Thanks songbird857 thanked for this post
    Block Queen

Post Thanks / Like

I have spent the weekend TRYING to free motion quilt a child quilt. GRRRRRR. I think I will sent it to you QUILTING IRISH! it sounds like you know how to do this. I will soon have it wrecked from ripping. That's my weekend think, and sew and rip. very frustrating. I am so not good at this!

10. Thanks songbird857 thanked for this post
    Missouri Star

Post Thanks / Like

Good morning all - I hope everyone is enjoying a day off (in the states anyway )...

We've made some decisions as far as FIL's arrangements are concerned. Because of the distance and cost of travel, we are being a bit 'unconventional' about it. There will be a small ceremony in Portugal this morning, with our wonderful cousins standing in for my husband and his brother. They will then cremate and hold the ashes until we can ALL go together and do something in memory as a family. This will allow us to have more time there (it would literally be just a few days if my hubby (by himself) went over there now); giving us the opportunity to spend time with, and show gratitude to, the cousins who have done so much to help in our absence. They really are special people, and I'm looking forward to the opportunity to see them again

Nothing major planned here today, so after the gym I have some song lyrics to work out, then I'll work on the purse I'm making. I may run to the store to see if they have 1 1/4" rectangle rings for the purse.
    Have a great day all!

Missouri Star

Post Thanks / Like

We held my Grandmother's ashes until summer so everyone could get to her memorial. She didn't mind and it was sure better for those with kids.
    ATTITUDE IS THE DIFFERENCE BETWEEN AN ORDEAL AND AN ADVENTURE

13. Thanks songbird857 thanked for this post
    Missouri Star

Post Thanks / Like

It's already late afternoon here. My first order of the day was laundry, then mixed up a batch of turkey patties. I do 3 lb. of grd. turkey at a time--2 pkgs. lean, 1 extra lean. I add eggs, cracker crumbs, onion & fresh garlic. It makes almost 20 patties. Each patty is 3.75 oz. I freeze them & take one out each day for supper. I think the tryptophan helps me sleep better.

After lunch, I made a trip out to Wal-Mart for 2 Rx's. I found some White Stag tank tops on the clearance rack for only $2.00 each, so bought 6. Then I made a stop at Lowe's to look for that Method cleaner we've been discussing here. I found 3 dif. products, but not the one specifically for bathroom tiles. I bought the all purpose one that also is supposed to work on tile as well as other surfaces. I'll try it to see how it works. I always can resort to the vinegar & Dawn liquid mixture which also was mentioned. I found several recipes on line for that mix.

We've had a sunny day with a high of 94. I like this time of year, because the nights cool off nicely for sleeping. It was down to 54 this a.m. It takes till mid-afternoon for the house to warm up enough to turn on the swamp cooler. Sometime in the next couple weeks we'll probably need to have it winterized. I'll keep an eye on the forecast for the low temps. One year we had 8" of snow on the 20th of Sept., so we just never know what the weather might do.

I hope everyone had a relaxing Labor Day Week End.

Missouri Star

Post Thanks / Like

Getting in late as usual! No day off here.....labor it is. We have had such a long, hot, and humid summer that many outdoor chores have been neglected too long! We have split and moved peonies and Asian lilies, making 2 new beds. We sowed more grass seed, added mulch to the other flower beds, after weeding them all again. We mowed, weed whacked, edged, and blew mess away. I spent 3 partial days scrubbing our front porch, walls, ceiling, furniture, and floors. I vacuumed all the vehicles, dusted, and cleaned each. I have watered and fertilized bushes and plants. I just finished washing all the windows in the house. Whew! So glad the temps and humidity are rising. Time to rest a few days in the studio.......baby quilt to finish!