Hi Guest, Welcome to the quilting forums, register now —or—

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Never again

Shiny Thimble

Post Thanks / Like

Exclamation Never again

As a full time RVer, I go to MANY local quilt shops, and always buy something. But No More! Service -and even common, everyday politeness - is getting to be non-existent. When combined with poor selection and high prices, I'm finally fed up! (Yes, there are 3 exceptions, and I will happily go back to them if I'm anywhere near them.) But when MSQC offers a huge selection, free tutorials, Daily Deals, low or free shipping, this forum, Block magazine, a sweet little note on my packing slip (love that!) and really really nice people, why on earth would I shop anywhere else? Never again - I'm 100% MSQC!

The Guild President

Post Thanks / Like

Default Re: Never again

You are on to someone. ..lol.
    Gary,

"No regrets, only learning opportunities."

Missouri Star

Post Thanks / Like

seems like a great plan

Binding Belle

I live in Valrico which is NE of Tampa, FL.
    Post Thanks / Like

Works for me!!

Quilting Royalty

Post Thanks / Like

I have experienced the same at a few of our locals...I refuse to shop there now! Last resort big box..but MSQC is now first!

The Guild President

Post Thanks / Like

I am really lucky in that 2 out of the three quilt shops closest to me have just the best people working in them. The third one, well we won't talk about that one. I love taking classes at both of these shops - it feels like they really are your friend. That said, nobody beats MSQ for selection of precuts and fabrics - love them!
    Debbie

7. Thanks sherriequilts thanked for this post
    Missouri Star

Post Thanks / Like

LOL I have to laugh, My DD who does not sew AT ALL, sometimes accompanies me to fabric shops (a chain that shall remain nameless) and she said to me "do you have to pass a rudeness test to work there". Do any of them enjoy their job? I always tell the story of MSQC to anyone when the opportunity comes up. Such great customer service. Yes there are glitches but NEVER in the attitude toward their customers. Just love this business. It's my main quilting go to also.

The Guild President

Post Thanks / Like

I guess I am lucky to have a few good shops near me, there is one that the owner acts like she is the ONLY good quilter in the world. But I just get what I need and get out. Most of them are wonderful! I love online shops, too......I just love it all!
    "She who dies with the most fabric wins"

Ecclesiastes 9:10 "Whatever your hand finds to do, do it with all your might, for in the realm of the dead, where you are going, there is neither working nor planning nor knowledge nor wisdom."

Julie

Missouri Star

Post Thanks / Like

I hear you.... I can't drive anymore, so definitely depend on MSQC more and more.... Great service, plus all the things you listed.... What's not to love?

Sandy from Cincinnati

AKA Kermit

11. Thanks sherriequilts thanked for this post
    Block Queen

Post Thanks / Like

I get frustrated when I go into quilt shops with my twins (4 years old) and I get looks and comments from the owners for having my, admittedly, sometimes loud but good kids, in their store. I don't allow my kids to tear things up or make messes or act rude to other shoppers but I don't silence my kids laughter or funny antics either. I'm there to buy stuff, so I feel like a little tolerance would be in order. MSQC has been a blessing to me, for sure!

13. Thanks sherriequilts thanked for this post