Hi Guest, Welcome to the quilting forums, register now —or—

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Missouri Star

Post Thanks / Like

Default Re: Monday and all's quiet

What a hilarious picture, Sandy!

We're having clouds to start the day. Chance of showers this afternoon. I'm hoping to get some flower bed weeding done this a.m. while it's cool & before the garbage truck comes by. Yest. was church in the a.m., sewing in the p.m. I have the Herringbone quilt top done, threads clipped, & the sections of backing sewn together. Also sewed together all 10 strips of binding; it's rolled on the cardboard tube & ready. I'm in the queue for the LAer for the last wk. of Sept. This will be a gift for DGS who is getting married Sept. 3 in MD. Now I'm working on blocks for the Cutting Corners pattern.

I hope everyone has a good start to their week.

2. Thanks Monique thanked for this post
    Missouri Star

Post Thanks / Like

Hahahaha..........What all, a group of crazy quilting ladys can come up with......
    yall rock.
    Build your on boobs, and all.
    I love it......hummmm, maybe I can use this for inhancment.......lol.

I hAve been busy, with my baby boy, DGS , ...and they are coming out later, so I have to get some things done up.
    Before the daily afternoon storms, they have been terrible, with lots of lighting.
    Daily now for weeks, I don't look forward to this time of the year.

Be blessed ......

PS...
    Thanks for the good cheer.

....Bee
    The footprint's in the sand are not mine, but is that of the Lord's, who has been carrying me....

~~♡
    ~~~~Sewn By Bee

4. Thanks Monique thanked for this post
    Missouri Star

Post Thanks / Like

Good morning! It's still really hot here but it's supposed to cool down with lower humidity as the week progresses. Yay!

I'm starting something new for me. I've been offered the opportunity to work from home 3 days a week doing bookkeeping for a realty firm that owns apartment complexes including one locally. My husband knows one of the owners and told him a couple of years ago that I might be interested if they ever needed some part-time help. The owner called DH last week asking if I was still interested. I spoke to the owners by conference call and they are willing to give me a chance so I'm taking it. I'm excited and a little scared at the same time. Everything is done on the computer via a network so I can work from my kitchen table. Say a little prayer for me if you would. Thanks!
    *~* Myrna *~*
    *~* Quilters lead pieceful lives *~*

6. Thanks Monique, SewnByBee thanked for this post
    Missouri Star

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by MRoy View Post
    Good morning! It's still really hot here but it's supposed to cool down with lower humidity as the week progresses. Yay!

I'm starting something new for me. I've been offered the opportunity to work from home 3 days a week doing bookkeeping for a realty firm that owns apartment complexes including one locally. My husband knows one of the owners and told him a couple of years ago that I might be interested if they ever needed some part-time help. The owner called DH last week asking if I was still interested. I spoke to the owners by conference call and they are willing to give me a chance so I'm taking it. I'm excited and a little scared at the same time. Everything is done on the computer via a network so I can work from my kitchen table. Say a little prayer for me if you would. Thanks!
    Myrna, all the best in your new adventure. You will be just fine.
    Blessed are the children of the piecemakers for they shall inherit the quilts!

Missouri Star

Post Thanks / Like

Hi Everyone,

Having a pretty good day. I trimmed the edges of my Flutterbye quilt to get them ready to bind. I may tried a flanged binding sewn completely by machine....a first for me. I tried it on a placemat once and it was dismal. Since Reggie is retiring I guess my quilts will go to M*. At least I know they will be in good hands there. We really have a shortage of experienced longarmers around here.

Glad you like your knitted knockers, Monique. I would think they would be far more comfortable than the rubber ones. Soft and comfortable is the way to go. If I could knit I would join the group who makes them. All I can knit are dishrags and those not to well.

Wishing everyone a good day. I'm marching to a different drummer today and think I will take a nap.

Hugs Everyone!

9. Thanks Monique thanked for this post
    Applique Angel

Post Thanks / Like

Monique I have never heard of the Knitted Knockers and I don't knit very well but might just give this a try....I won't add the scarf though I think it is hilarious.
    April I love your cat...beautiful!
    Myrna prayers said for your new work from home job...may it all go well
    Barb enjoy your nap..from what I've been reading on your posts, you are very busy and deserve one.
    Bee enjoy your baby boy!

It was a wonderful weekend in Toronto to go to the Blue Jays game (they won....YEAH!) The hotel - a well known International chain was not so great. We had a 6 inch hump in the floor where there had been water seepage and NOTHING was being done about it. When I told them about it, they appeared very surprised and acted as if it was a common occurance. Won't be staying there again!

Today I am trying to complete my Brenda Miller (Among Brenda's Quilts) Homeward Bound pattern. Have everything cut and getting ready to sew. I have to say it is a very well-written pattern with lots of pictures and good instructions.

Have a great day everyone!

Hugs and prayers for all
    Peggiep
    "I don't need to get organized, I just need a bigger sewing room."

11. Thanks Monique thanked for this post
    Missouri Star

Post Thanks / Like

Talking Re: Monday and all's quiet

Monique, I can't knit or I would love to join in too. I love this and will pass this awesome info onto family and friends. .....who also have incoutered this issue. I think Sandy is on to something with the scarf. ......magnificent idea........
    I delcare.

My MIL ,she is learning to knit....she will love all these ideas, she's very good to donate her tallants too. Thanks for sharing and I do love this very much.
    Love you all
    Bee.
    Last edited by SewnByBee; August 29th, 2016 at 04:14 PM.

....Bee
    The footprint's in the sand are not mine, but is that of the Lord's, who has been carrying me....

~~♡
    ~~~~Sewn By Bee

13. Thanks Monique thanked for this post
    Missouri Star

Post Thanks / Like

Good evening all. Didn't have chance to stop by this morning before work so I thought I'd pop in and see what everyone was talking about this morning. Monique, knitted knockers! Never knew there were such things. How wonderful. Sandy, you crack me up. Where do you find these pictures?

Happy birthday to your kitty April. Love the little photo bomber in the background too. Myrna, working from home! Sounds great. Good luck.

Sounds like everyone had nice things planned for the day --- grand babies, visits with family, naps and some sewing too. I had a super-busy morning at work but by the afternoon it slowed to a manageable pace. That's what happens on a Monday when you have to unexpectedly leave early on the Friday before. I hope to catch up even more tomorrow before my boss comes back from vacation on Wednesday.

Have a good night everyone. Sleep well.
    Ginny B

http://www.ginnyscraftbasket.wordpress.com

15. Thanks Monique thanked for this post
    Designer Diva

Post Thanks / Like

I'm a lurker on this thread every day but had to chime in on the kitty's birthdays! I have a "tuxedo" cat, too, that adopted our yard. He now lives in the house part time, is very polite about food and the litter box but still has his feral cat issues. We have never been able to touch him! To get him neutered and his shots we had to trick him into a live trap. He won't be tricked again! So nearly a year has gone by and he's not as jumpy as he was but still keeps his distance. We adopted a younger kitten about two months after the feral cat started coming inside and they are great friends, run and tumble together. Well, that's more than this thread needs, but wanted to share! Oh, they are Sam, the tuxedo cat, and Thomas, who is part Himalayan. Thanks for letting me jump in!
    Bev

17. Thanks Monique thanked for this post