Hi Guest, Welcome to the quilting forums, register now —or—

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast
    Quilting Royalty

Post Thanks / Like

Default Update on my little girl Heaven

Update as of 12-14-2011.....

As of today....We are on day 20 and Heaven has been here at the Carilion Roanoke Memorial Hospital for 3 weeks....In that time alot has taken place, starting with her diagnosis of...

--- Acute Myeloid Leukemia which is worse than the Chronic because it grows and spreads faster and has to be treated harder.

--- BP has been up and down due to the chemo...but has become more normal as time has went on, (has become more stable as time has passed.

---her temps are up and down....trying to keep them regulated

---She has had a Bone Marrow Biospy

--- 7 Blood Transfushions

--- 2 Platelet Transfushions

--- a Bone Marrow Aspirate

--- 2 IV's (1 in each arm) thay have been removed

--- a Pic-Line (to replace IV's)

--- 32 Chemo Treatments

--- a Echocardiogram

--- Feed Tube inserted because she couldn't eat due to rawness in her mouth and throat (caused by chemo)

--- she has had her finger poked

--- a Lumbar Puncture (aka Spinal Tap)

--- 10 Oral Meds

--- 4 nose bleeds

--- been Sedated 4 times

--- had a X-Rays ( for the pic-line)

---2 CT Scans to check for infection in her sinuses and chest (lungs)

---1 Ultra-Sound to check for any infections in her stomach, abs, kidneys, bladder, liver

--- 8 rough mornings in a row

WoW...I realize now that Christ has been here with us the whole time, because if not....I would have crumbled under pressure.
    If you would like to help Heaven and I put a smile on a childs face by handing them a pillow from "Pillows from Heaven Above" you can go to our new blog http://pillowsfromheaven.blogspot.com

Thanks you all so much for your continued prayer and support for our daughter and family.

If you would like to keep up with what going on with us you can visit our family blog at http://thecoblerscorner.blogspot.com

Missouri Star

Post Thanks / Like

Default Re: Update on my little girl Heaven

Oh Angela, my heart goes out to you. Your little Heaven has been in my prayers, and I thank you for the update. I've been wondering what her status is. She continues to be in my prayers, and your family as well. Rest secure in the arms of Jesus, that is the best place you can be.
    When life throws you scraps, make a quilt!

Missouri Star

Post Thanks / Like

Prayers for her Angela..How old is your daughter. Will keep her and you in my prayers
    Last edited by Patrice; December 14th, 2011 at 04:25 PM.
    Patrice

Missouri Star

Post Thanks / Like

Angela, have been thinking of Heaven and you. She's so brave and so are you and hubby. It's such a difficult thing to go through, I remember when Kat was only a month and they did the spinal tap...one of the worse moments in my life. I feel for you so much. (((Angela))).

Know that we'll keep her and yours in our prayers. Much love, Ruby and Don

PM your address if you think a postcard will cheer her up and make sure to include all the childrens names.
    Visit my fabric shopping cart YardageALaCarte.com - PM me for a 25% Off your Total Purchase Code, just mention "The Forum" in your message. Huggers, Ruby

Missouri Star

Post Thanks / Like

May God heal Heaven's body and soul.

May her pain cease,

May her strength increase,

May her fears be eased,

May blessings, love, and joy surround her
    Amen.

Old quilters never die, they just go batty!

Your Canadian quilting sister, Shauna

Missouri Star

Post Thanks / Like

Dear Angela,

I pray for the healing power of Jesus to touch her body and to comfort her.

Cyndi

Quilting Royalty

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Patrice View Post
    Prayers for her Angela..How old is your daughter. Will keep her and you in my prayers
    She is 12 yrs. old and thank you for your prayers
    If you would like to help Heaven and I put a smile on a childs face by handing them a pillow from "Pillows from Heaven Above" you can go to our new blog http://pillowsfromheaven.blogspot.com

Thanks you all so much for your continued prayer and support for our daughter and family.

If you would like to keep up with what going on with us you can visit our family blog at http://thecoblerscorner.blogspot.com

Quilting Royalty

Post Thanks / Like

Thank you all so much for your prayers, Scripture and encpuraging words. I haven't been coming here often since this has happened and I can't promise that I will be on here each day so if you would like to keep up with Heavens status I update our Blog frequently through-out the day if you would like to check there every so often. I fyou would like to pass it on to other prayer warriors, please feel free to because we covet each prayer that can ring the bells of heaven.

Blog Address..... http://thecoblerscorner.blogspot.com

Again, we as a family that is fighting with Heaven, thanks you from the bottom of our hearts for all you do. <3

We would also appreciate if you can pray for our other 3 daughters, that the Lord will give them strength and courage to face each and every step that we take together as a family.

If you would like an addy to send Heaven or her sisters a card to you can email me at
    gesus4gives@yahoo.com I think it is important that her siblings know that they are important too. They are the best kids in the world and we, as parents, have let them know that thye are very special and dear to us even though we are with Heaven more. and they understand. They are 15, 16 and 20 so they are helping each other. Yes, Heaven is the baby.

Love in Christ to all.
    Last edited by Angela C.; December 14th, 2011 at 05:50 PM.

Missouri Star

Post Thanks / Like

Angela
    somehow I have missed this entire thing ! Call me - let me know what I can do for you.
    Praying for healing right this minute
    Sewing mends the soul.

Do the math; count your blessings
    Laughing is good exercise. It's like jogging on the inside.

http://pinterest.com/vintageprims/boards/ Unless we are creating we are not fully alive
    ~ Madeleine L'Engle

Missouri Star

Post Thanks / Like

Heaven and your family are in my prayer daily!