Hi Guest, Welcome to the quilting forums, register now —or—

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    Missouri Star

Post Thanks / Like

Default Re: to move or not to move!?? uhg

I wouldn't have Liam making the decision about moving. He's not an adult and shouldn't have the responsibility of making an adult decision like this would be. In my opinion, that's not fair to him.

I know from personal experience that any kind of business arrangement with family or friends is iffy at best and a disaster at worst. I'd stay put and cut corners somewhere else if necessary to make up for the difference in rents.
    *~* Myrna *~*
    *~* Quilters lead pieceful lives *~*

2. Thanks mommadeb thanked for this post
    Missouri Star

Post Thanks / Like

Difficult position but as most others suggest I would stay put. It does sound like a potential disaster with the change and your friendships. It takes a long time after a move to realize any savings by the time you consider how much a move costs. It is another disruption for you when you and Liam are almost settled in- I would think long and hard about this. If you do decide to go for it- I would ensure that ALL and every reno be done before moving. Also consider the cost to you and your time to have to mow grass (will you have to buy a lawnmower) and snow removal. Also sharing a property with someone else can be great but it can also be a horrible experience. Just my 2 cents worth but wish you well in making your decision.
    Grandma Nan

Nancy

"Some of the best memories are created in flip flops"

Designer Diva

Post Thanks / Like

I agree with wait.

I would be leary because 1. upgrades to possibly be done- no guarantee 2. he is not a spouse, he is not a sure thing no matter how sure it seems. She is going from a bad divorce into another relationship. What happens to you if they break up 6 months- 12 months down the road? Are you left homeless, rent hike, unfinished renovations?
    Steer clear and tell them you just can't undertake a move at this time but wish them all the best. ;-)

Missouri Star

Post Thanks / Like

Reading your post I don't think you want to move, you and Liam have settled into the place you are in, I would stay put. Good luck to you whatever you decide to do. xx
    Christine.

Missouri Star

Post Thanks / Like

I'm also in the stay put category.

Missouri Star

Post Thanks / Like

Thanks guys!! You are all totally awesome!! xoxoxoxo

I did a lot of thinking over the weekend and came to the conclusion that you are all very right. I haven't even hardly unpacked from my move last year! And I do like my little place. So, as much as I would like to garden and have my own space, I'm gonna stay put! Not enough reasons to move and $200 is not worth it.

Thanks to all of you! You keep me sane!! xoxox

8. Thanks sewbizzy, Learner quilter, mommadeb thanked for this post
    Missouri Star

Post Thanks / Like

I'm glad to hear you are staying where you are. I think you made the right choice.

The Guild President

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by WendyI View Post
    Thanks guys!! You are all totally awesome!! xoxoxoxo

I did a lot of thinking over the weekend and came to the conclusion that you are all very right. I haven't even hardly unpacked from my move last year! And I do like my little place. So, as much as I would like to garden and have my own space, I'm gonna stay put! Not enough reasons to move and $200 is not worth it.

Thanks to all of you! You keep me sane!! xoxox
    Wendy,
    I am so glad to hear you decided to stay put. There were so many red flags and cons that I would be very afraid to do it, especially for $200 a month. The part about it being a friend's boyfriend would be enough for me to stay far away from it!

I think you are very smart in your decision to stay put!! I think you and Liam will both be much happier! I am so glad your life seems to be going so much smoother and you sound happier which is great!

Batting Beauty

Post Thanks / Like

I believe you made the best choice
    Debbie

Missouri Star

Post Thanks / Like

You know, Moving is expensive. You have to hire a truck, get help, change the utilities. (maybe make deposits) lose some ofyour security deposit and put down another one and all the things Judy said for what ifs. Moving is like an adventure, but I don't think you have any pro's to consider on this one. Your $200 savings per month will take nearly a year to kick in after all the expenses of the move.