Hi Guest, Welcome to the quilting forums, register now —or—

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    Missouri Star

Post Thanks / Like

Default I'm stupid emotional

And I hate it. I'm not a crier but today we dropped our boy off at college. I did really well not crying when saying goodbye. I even made the trip home dry-eyed.

I just walked into his room to put something away and broke down.

I hate this feeling. I know he's fine. I know we taught him how to take care of himself and be a good person.

But I miss him.

And I hate crying!

2. Thanks tamsterg7, SallyO'Sews thanked for this post
    Missouri Star

Post Thanks / Like

Default Re: I'm stupid emotional

Aww, that's not stupid - you are just a mom who loves your kid. I'm sending HUGS for you.
    http://www.flickr.com/photos/quiltsbytrish
    http://quiltdreaming.blogspot.com
    http://pinterest.com/TrishLapp

What if you woke up today and the only things you had were the things you thanked God for yesterday? quilting trish

The Guild President

Post Thanks / Like

It's not stupid at all! I did the same thing when we left our first son at college. Made it all the way home, went into his room and totally lost it! It's absolutely normal for a loving mom to do! With my other 4, I didn't even try to be brave - I promptly lost it in the car going home. The last was the worst!!
    Brenda.

Missouri Star

Post Thanks / Like

Your not stupid your feeling are normal.This adjustment can be harder for us than them sometimes.((Hugs)). I made my daughter call weekly,she hated that she had to do it but I needed to hear her voice and know she was ok without interrupting her .
    Joan

Missouri Star

Post Thanks / Like

That's totally normal. When we took our son to college, I cried most of the way home (a 3 hour trip) and every time I fixed a meal that was one of his favorites, I cried. I was a mess for months! I still miss him and he is 39 now. Did pretty much the same thing with our daughter. You'll always be a mom even when your kids have left.
    Bec

Missouri Star

Post Thanks / Like

I did OK until I got in the car. My husband planned the trip so that we went to Canada for a few days immediately after. After getting the cry out of my system in the car, was ok. Fast forward 4 yrs when dropping my daughter off, she decided to argue with us about something and stormed out the car. Hubby's comment was "she sure made that easy". No tears shed.

8. Thanks SallyO'Sews, kimsophia thanked for this post
    Missouri Star

Post Thanks / Like

I always told my daughters that the reason they were so hard to deal with during their teenage years was so that when they said, "I'm moving out!" I would be saying, "Good riddance!" but it never really worked. I think I should have done like my mom and had lots of kids over lots of years, so by the time I left home she had so many grandkids to take my place she probably didn't even know I was gone.
    ATTITUDE IS THE DIFFERENCE BETWEEN AN ORDEAL AND AN ADVENTURE

Missouri Star

Post Thanks / Like

Not stupid at all, you are a loving mom who misses her child. I've been there. Hugs!!!!
    Courage is being scared to death, and saddling up anyway. ~John Wayne

Quilting is my passion . . . chocolate is a close second!

Missouri Star

Post Thanks / Like

Awww.... of course you miss him!

Missouri Star

Post Thanks / Like

I hate to cry too. I know it's a good emotional release, but when I cry, My head throbs, my eyes get very red and puffy, my nose runs, I can't talk. It takes my face all day to get back to normal.
    I know people who can have a screaming crying fit, buckets of tears and the whole shebang. 5 minutes later, you can not tell they were crying. I envy that ability, somehow.
    Just take solace in the fact that your son is heading in a good path. Those tears would be so much more bitter if your son were heading to prison.