Hi Guest, Welcome to the quilting forums, register now —or—

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Louisiana Flood

Missouri Star

Post Thanks / Like

Default Louisiana Flood

I know I have not been on here for a long time. I still keep up with a small few on facebook. And this is the reason for this post. I have heard a few people here were wondering what to do to help out the flood victims of Louisiana. I know in the past of the wonderful things people here have done. My favorite quilt shop in New Orleans is collecting pillow cases and pillows to be sent to a church in Baton Rouge for those who have lost everything. There have been over 100,000 homes lost in this flood. My self I am lucky my home did not flood but by folks and brother have lost everything. But if anyone wants to help the quilt shop Mes Amis in New Orleans you can find them on facebook just search for Mes Amis quilt shop. These are some wonderful ladies who lost everything during Katrina and are wanting to help and pay it back. Thank you all for your help and prayers.

2. Thanks toggpine, Monique thanked for this post
    Missouri Star

Post Thanks / Like

Default Re: Louisiana Flood

Lonna If you look under "groups" you will see Louisiana pillowcases for kids. I think this is a great idea. I am so sorry for your family's losses. It must be devastating. I am praying for all that have been affected by this terrible flood.

Missouri Star

Post Thanks / Like

So sorry if there is something already being done. I was just posting this because I was asked too. So you all can just go ahead a delete this post if you like. Sorry to have taken up your time.

Missouri Star

Post Thanks / Like

Lonna, we are so glad to hear from you in person. I am glad to hear you were OK, but what a shame about your parents and brother losing everything. We'll keep your whole family in our prayers. I guess people on this forum want to help in any way they can. It's good to hear from someone who has experienced the terrible situation that the pillowcases will be a donation that can be used, and I'm sure many will be donated from this group. We all will be thinking of you and your neighbors as this response to the flooding goes on. Good luck to you, dear forum friend!

Missouri Star

Post Thanks / Like

Hi Lonna.......as Jean said I'm also glad to hear from you. We've missed you here. So sorry to hear about your parents and brothers homes. Thanks for checking in with us. It doesn't hurt to have the pillowcase collection mentioned more than once. It's a good reminder. Let your family know that we will be praying for them and for you. Take care of yourself.

We've missed you friend.
    "I'm putting together a list of 100 reasons why I am NOT relentless!" - Sue Heck, The Middle

Leonard: For God's sake, Sheldon, do I have to hold up a sarcasm sign every time I open my mouth?
    Sheldon (intrigued): You have a sarcasm sign?

Missouri Star

Post Thanks / Like

I just saw this blog today with one example of how bad the flooding was in some areas of southeast Louisiana. It's unbelievable the amount of homes that were damaged. The 2nd link is from Lafayette tv station. There are photos of the flooding on the page.

http://averagequilter.blogspot.com/2...ana-flood.html

http://www.katc.com/
    "I'm putting together a list of 100 reasons why I am NOT relentless!" - Sue Heck, The Middle

Leonard: For God's sake, Sheldon, do I have to hold up a sarcasm sign every time I open my mouth?
    Sheldon (intrigued): You have a sarcasm sign?

The Guild President

Post Thanks / Like

Hey Lonna! Remember me, I live here in Ponchy too! I am also collecting pillowcases for kids affected by the flood. Going to take them to some of our schools , daycare facilities and over to Frost Elementary.
    "She who dies with the most fabric wins"

Ecclesiastes 9:10 "Whatever your hand finds to do, do it with all your might, for in the realm of the dead, where you are going, there is neither working nor planning nor knowledge nor wisdom."

Julie

Missouri Star

Post Thanks / Like

Lonna - Sorry to hear about your family's losses. They must be so grateful for your help!

I have some adult pillowcases already cut that I'll forward to Mes Amis once they're finished since they said on FB they are also supplying sheltered adults with pillowcases too. I believe they're providing assistance in Baton Rouge.

Missouri Star

Post Thanks / Like

Lonna! Thanks for stopping by to let us know how best to show our support. How cool that the LQS is willing to give back!
    Be who you are and say what you feel
    because those who mind don't matter,
    and those who matter don't mind. - Dr. Seuss

http://www.toggpine.wordpress.com

Missouri Star

Post Thanks / Like

Great hearing from you, Lonna. So sorry to hear about your family losing everything. Don't be a stranger....(((HUGS)))