Hi Guest, Welcome to the quilting forums, register now —or—

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Missouri Star

Post Thanks / Like

Default Re: Snippet's map of where we all are.

Go to the map, click "additions" on the top left, click "add a marker"

Missouri Star

Post Thanks / Like

You are absolutely amazing that you would go to the trouble to do this for us. Thank you for that. And enjoy your cruise.
    Quote Originally Posted by snippet View Post
    I could do that, but there are two problems.

1. The map isn't all the members of the forum. It's only those who wanted to put a pin where they live. A while back, I went through the forum member list and added members who had their location in their profile - but there are over 10,000 members so I just added those members with at least 500 posts. So some are user-entered and some I entered. But not everyone is on that map.
    2. I'm about to leave for a cruise this week and don't have the time to pull the data and give you a state breakdown. If you really want to know about the members, it would be better to pull the data from the forum. I don't think that capability exists though.

The Guild President

Post Thanks / Like

Not sure you were ever responded to regarding adding yourself to the map. I just found it this morning. Really interesting.
    go to the site https://www.zeemaps.com/map?group=1253169
    In the top ribbon click on Addition and follow the brief instruction. That's it. If you want to view your entry, it will be in the right hand sidebar in alpha order. If you want to see it on the map, drag the map to where you roughly are and then use the + sign below the map on the right hand side to enlarge it to where you can clearly see the teardrop indicator. Hover over the "teardrop indicator on the map" and that should be you!

4. Thanks snippet thanked for this post
    Missouri Star

Post Thanks / Like

This is so great. But for some reason my location is wrong. It shows me many miles from where I really am. Is there a way to change that.

6. Thanks snippet thanked for this post
    Missouri Star

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Carol336 View Post
    This is so great. But for some reason my location is wrong. It shows me many miles from where I really am. Is there a way to change that.
    That's because I probably added your pin in the center of Maryland. A person can't change a pin, unless it's one they created themselves. I'll delete the pin and let you add your own so it will be in the right location.

8. Thanks toggpine thanked for this post
    4 Patch Pro

Post Thanks / Like

I managed to put myself on the map and saw that there are only 2 of us showing for France :-( I'm sure there are more of us !

Machine Stitcher

Post Thanks / Like

I need help joining in and getting questions answered could someone send info to ssomsen47@hotmail.com, would really appreciate

Missouri Star

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by tsladaritz View Post
    Great! But I am not on it and may not have 500 posts. How do we add ourselves to the map?
    Click on the link Karen provided. At the top of the page you will see

Map View Additions

Click on Additions and follow the prompts.....it's really simple to do. All the members are listed alphabetically ( by their user names ) so if you can't find your pin, just scroll down the list to find your name.

Jacqueline ( Sugar ) Dorer-Russell
    http:\\www.sugarssmilinpapercrafts.BlogSpot.com

"Do the best you can until you know better. Then when you know better, do better."

Maya Angelou