Default Re: MSQ--not always best buy

Shirley I can be your digging buddy!! .......lol 😜
    Priscilla Lujan
    Los Angeles, CA

The Guild President

Post Thanks / Like

News flash!
    "Name store here" not always the best buy!

Binding Belle

Post Thanks / Like

I shop around, but the honest truth is that in 98% of the cases, the precuts and yardage are both less expensive than other online stores, or so close in price that a comparison would come down to shipping cost, which again, unless I'm only ordering one thing, would be less expensive. And to drill down even more on my thought process, which a few of you share, the customer service from MSQC is worth a lot to me. I know that if something goes wrong with an order or delivery (the post office has destroyed a few of my Block's), MSQC will make it right. But most of all, if I'm going to throw my quilting dollars at a retailer, it's hard to beat all that Jenny and family have done, not just for their family, but for the entire community of Hamilton, and the entire community of quilting. It's a business built with heart, and these days...that is priceless IMO.

4. Thanks sydneybean, Cat n bull thanked for this post
    Machine Stitcher

Post Thanks / Like

I have always subscribed to the motto, "You get what you pay for." I have proved that true in my many years of shopping, and I am even finally convincing my husband of the truth of that statement! I have purchased too many things in past years that were "on sale" just to find that they were sub-standard--and you usually have to go back and re-purchase the "good stuff" to get what you originally wanted. Most good quality stores don't want to take the chance of losing a customer by put sub-standard items "on sale". I have stopped shopping at places when I have found their sale items sub-standard. Better to buy the best quality your money can buy. I do like the DD's and if I find fabric from MSQ that I want, I wait until it goes on sale, or I just go ahead and pay the regular price because I am assured of the good quality.

Missouri Star

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by shirleyknot View Post
    I thought to offer a bigger shovel............
    Uncalled for.

Quote Originally Posted by pixiedust0830 View Post
    Shirley I can be your digging buddy!! .......lol 😜
    Seriously?

Quote Originally Posted by PrettyCurious View Post
    News flash!
    "Name store here" not always the best buy!
    News flash... some of us would rather buy with more options, fabric lines, precuts, DD, and the fun that M* offers. To me... that is the best buy going! I don't need to spend more time online or running on foot to find a $1.00 difference in a yard of fabric. My time is valuable also. GO MSQC!!
    Last edited by kensington; August 17th, 2016 at 06:38 PM.

7. Thanks Sherri6474, Judy, USMC thanked for this post
    Missouri Star

Post Thanks / Like

M* is always my 1st choice.

$5 shipping is hard to beat, I love knowing I will get the yardage I ordered, the fabric quality is excellent, the employees are pleasant to deal with, the company operates in a moral way I think is worthy of my support, they have a great selection, the site is easy to use and they welcome feedback, the DD is an awesome way to build a pre-cut stash, I love Quilter's Cash, to name a few reasons.

I like being able to order what I need from one site, and unless they just don't have what I need, I will get it from them. I am not about to search for a few cents difference, it is not worth it to me.
    Cathryn

9. Thanks sherriequilts thanked for this post
    The Guild President

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by kensington View Post

News flash... some of us would rather buy with more options, fabric lines, precuts, DD, and the fun that M* offers. To me... that is the best buy going! I don't need to spend more time online or running on foot to find a $1.00 difference in a yard of fabric. My time is valuable also. GO MSQC!!
    I agree. and that was my point. Pick a store. Any store. 100% of their items will not always be the best buy. Even a store that calls themselves "best buy". I don't have one bad thing to say about M*
    Maybe you should stop trying to read what isn't there.

Missouri Star

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by K. McEuen View Post
    Out of how many thousands in the catalog?
    Amen, Karen!!!!

Missouri Star

Post Thanks / Like

Welcome to the retail world where everyone is in competition. M* has great prices on many many things and great sales The DD is always wonderful. The quality of their goods has always been wonderful. Shop around sure you can get things cheaper but the quality is not always there. Sometimes you can find same thing cheaper then you should do so and not make a scene. I work the retail world and have 3 craft store in my mall alone (one of which I work at) the craft store is about 1/4 mile away in the next mall. We all sell basically same thing, but maybe different manufacturers some are cheaper in price some in quality. It burns my butt when people bad mouth a place because they had a higher price then the neighbor and complain about returning and going there. Its your choice do what works for you, the world don't need your sob story. For many it is convenience , customer service and friendly help that keep them coming back, Its not always about pricing.
    Iris Girl = April = fabric, Fabric FABRIC!!
    Time spent with cats is never wasted.
    Sigmund Freud

13. Thanks snippet thanked for this post
    Missouri Star

Post Thanks / Like

My two cents....
    1) I am totally grateful...there maybe a few times, yes, I get aggravated when there's a shipping problem (that's due to the USPS issues in my area), but I have no ill will towards M*. MSQC is what got me out of my long quilting hiatus back in 2013. I have met Jenny and the family and visited the main shop.
    2) I do always comparison shop; I purchase fabric and notions either from M*, other on-line companies, LQSs near me or even auction/garage sales!

So, it's safe to say....I wouldn't consider myself a 100% M* consumer...but a quilter looking for the best deal, regardless of where it is. But, I would state.....I have been a good M* patron; the majority of the large fabric stash I have would prove it! Especially when it comes to pre-cuts. I have not found a better resource for pre-cuts other than MSQC.....in that regard, M* is the best.....
    Sherri

"Don't let someone else's ugly spoil your beautiful. " Thanks, Bubby!!!!!!