Hi Guest, Welcome to the quilting forums, register now —or—

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    Missouri Star

Post Thanks / Like

Default Think I'm ready for the loony bin.

This might be easier if I just list things as they happened

June - regular check up at primary doctor, blood taken.
    Few days later - nurse calls with results - everything was OK except I'm slightly anemic, primary wants me to have GI series. Asked was she sure because I thought primary would want me to take iron pills again. No that's what he said and she would send me a referral with the script for GI.

6 week wait to see gastro doc. referred to, at appointment on time, 2 1/2 hr wait to see her, rushed consolation, scheduled for GI in October. What! Unacceptable.

Contacted primary's office, they asked who sent me to that gastroc - you did. Got referral to another gastro, scheduled me in late August. Sill Unacceptable.

Decide to call hospital, they said how about tomorrow? Did my prep work, arrived on time, got into hospital gown while doctor read the referral and script primary office gave me. Seems it didn't specify just what my primary wanted done, calls to his office, he said he didn't give an order for me to have a GI Series!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Was this a dream? Glad I kept copies of the paperwork primary's office sent me so I know I didn't dream up this scenario. Will have a lot to talk about at next primary office visit - going to be there longer than my allotted 15 minutes to be sure. Mean while I'm looking for a new primary.

Missouri Star

Post Thanks / Like

Default Re: Think I'm ready for the loony bin.

Sounds like a nightmare !
    Shirley

Missouri Star

Post Thanks / Like

What an experience! My advice....uneducated in any medical form.....eat more red meat, if that does not sit well, try the iron supplements.
    Beth

Procrastinate. It frees up time to quilt!

Missouri Star

Post Thanks / Like

Good grief, May! Going to the doctor is getting more and more scary all the time. Getting accurate info from the doctors office is quite a challenge these days. Hope the iron issue can be taken care of with iron tablets. Dealing with all of that must have been exhausting.

Hugs to you.
    "I'm putting together a list of 100 reasons why I am NOT relentless!" - Sue Heck, The Middle

Leonard: For God's sake, Sheldon, do I have to hold up a sarcasm sign every time I open my mouth?
    Sheldon (intrigued): You have a sarcasm sign?

Missouri Star

Post Thanks / Like

May oh May what are they doing to you?
    Last edited by Monique; August 10th, 2016 at 11:25 AM.
    Blessed are the children of the piecemakers for they shall inherit the quilts!

Missouri Star

Post Thanks / Like

What a nightmare! And through it all you're left wondering what they're looking for and what they'll find. Definitely time for a change.

Missouri Star

Post Thanks / Like

How much are they charging you for these procedures that you didn't even have?! Check your bill when it comes and fire your doctor!

Missouri Star

Orange County, CA and Baarn, Netherlands temporarily
    Post Thanks / Like

Good grief!!! I'd be looking for a new GP, too. Reminds me of how I ended up with diverticulosis and wasn't informed until three years later when I had an attack of divericulitis. When I never heard anything regarding the testing I should've called to find out the results. I was just assuming that everything was fine since I hadn't heard anything. I won't make that mistake again. Also, in my defense, I was home for a short while when I had the testing done since we were still living overseas. I guess so much was going on that this one slipped by me. I'm glad you took the bull by the horns. It's really important to keep on top of one's own situation when it comes to one's health.
    Goodbye Europe! Hello California! Home sweet home.

Missouri Star

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by jjkaiser View Post
    How much are they charging you for these procedures that you didn't even have?! Check your bill when it comes and fire your doctor!
    Ha, Ha, DH and I are in our early 80's so they figure Medicare will pay for it. Whole area is part of Meridian; hospitals, doctors, labs, etc. Get a cut or wound you have to go to Wound Center where the treatment goes on for at least of month or for the length of time Medicare and your supplemental medical insurance covers you. Really have to keep your wits about you nowadays.

Applique Angel

Post Thanks / Like

I just have a question. Did at any time did you actually get to talk to the doctor or was all conversation with his nurse? ,I finding that more and more office "nurses" are making diagnosis and in my area they don't have any nursing education. As a retired RN I get very upset by this.