Hi Guest, Welcome to the quilting forums, register now —or—

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    The Guild President

Post Thanks / Like

Default Re: Accordian coin purse

Sharyn, thank you so much for the pattern info. Do you mind also sharing what interfacings you found to work the best for this wallet?

Missouri Star

Post Thanks / Like

Those would make great stocking stuffers, favors for retreats or a nice small gift for co-workers. I think I will buy the pattern and give it a whirl. Thanks for posting the link. Your little purses are so darling!!

Missouri Star

Post Thanks / Like

I love those bees!

Lorie

The Guild President

Post Thanks / Like

Very nice work and such cute presents.
    my goal is to be as good a person as my dogs already think I am

Missouri Star

Post Thanks / Like

Janice, I tried quite a few variations with the interfacings that I had on hand. PellonSF101 on the exterior flap, exterior body piece and the lining. Lightweight on the card pockets. 987F fleece for the body; however, you can eliminate the fleece and use Decorbond 809 or craft fuse. I used the 809 on the turquoise wallet in lieu of fleece with a double layer on the flap and I like it the best. The trick to this wallet is to keep the fleece or 809 out of the seam allowances and when you're done stitching, trim the seams well.

Be sure to use the thin magnetic snaps. My first one had a regular thickness snap and it's almost too strong and may rip the fabric over time. I got thin ones from etsy. 14mm thin or 18mm thin will work fine.

The designer has updated the pattern to include two long tabs instead of four small. This is much better and easier than lining up four. She also updated a couple variations on the flap.

Experiment with your interfacings and once you find the right balance, you can whip out a couple at a time!

Missouri Star

Post Thanks / Like

That looks so professional. I'm so envious!

Women are Angels.
    When someone
    break's our wings
    we will continue to
    fly...usually on a
    broomstick.
    We're flexible like that.
    - embroitique

Missouri Star

Post Thanks / Like

Very nice. I like them all very much.
    Cyndi

“Have courage for the great sorrows of life and patience for the small ones; and when you have laboriously accomplished your daily task, go to sleep in peace. God is awake.” - Victor Hugo

Missouri Star

Just outside of St. Louis in rural Missouri
    Post Thanks / Like

Those are so cute. Great stocking stuffers.
    Blankets wrap you in warmth, quilts wrap you in love

Marilyn......

The Guild President

Post Thanks / Like

Really cute!!! Love the fabrics you used.

The Guild President

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Sharyn J View Post
    Janice, I tried quite a few variations with the interfacings that I had on hand. PellonSF101 on the exterior flap, exterior body piece and the lining. Lightweight on the card pockets. 987F fleece for the body; however, you can eliminate the fleece and use Decorbond 809 or craft fuse. I used the 809 on the turquoise wallet in lieu of fleece with a double layer on the flap and I like it the best. The trick to this wallet is to keep the fleece or 809 out of the seam allowances and when you're done stitching, trim the seams well.

Be sure to use the thin magnetic snaps. My first one had a regular thickness snap and it's almost too strong and may rip the fabric over time. I got thin ones from etsy. 14mm thin or 18mm thin will work fine.

The designer has updated the pattern to include two long tabs instead of four small. This is much better and easier than lining up four. She also updated a couple variations on the flap.

Experiment with your interfacings and once you find the right balance, you can whip out a couple at a time!
    Thank you so much for all the information and tips! I really appreciate it!!