Hi Guest, Welcome to the quilting forums, register now —or—

Page 8 of 10 FirstFirst ... 678910 LastLast
    Missouri Star

Post Thanks / Like

Default Re: Weird Food of the Night Owls

Oh my gosh, y'all are making me gag with all this sugar sandwich, tuna fish gravy, and marshmallow sandwich talk!

I'm so glad I'm normal! lol

Missouri Star

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by bhaggerty View Post
    Cornbread with syrup is the BEST!!!!
    Here's hoping you use the clear Karo syrup!!! It's yummy!!
    pat.

No rain....no rainbows!

Missouri Star

Post Thanks / Like

I like maple or plan syrup or honey and mix it with peanut butter, I don't always put it on bread or crackers , just eat it by the spoon.

Missouri Star

Post Thanks / Like

I remember coming home from school one afternoon and smelling a delicious aroma! It was dinner and it smelled like a Sunday dinner!! I asked my mom what we were having. My tastebuds were atwitter when she told me beef! Wow!! Roast beef in the middle of the week...what was going on?? Well, as we ate dinner, this was unlike any roast beef I had ever tasted. Afterwards I mentioned that, and it was then she said I never said it was roast beef, I just said it was beef because I knew you would never eat heart! I could not get to the bathroom to puke fast enough!!

Another thing she used to make was creamed peas on toast.....blech!

My dad would eat saltines with the milk and sugar. I like graham crackers with butter on them. Another thing my dad always did was a slice of cheddar on his apple pie.

Our KFC does not carry that liver glob....never heard of it and I hope I never see or smell it!
    pat.

No rain....no rainbows!

Missouri Star

Post Thanks / Like

Sugar sandwiches? I like wonder bread toasted with cinnamon sugar on it. Not sure if I could do it untoasted though.

Mom didn't make milk toast, but would make extra rice, and we would have that warmed with cinnamon and sugar with milk.
    Be who you are and say what you feel
    because those who mind don't matter,
    and those who matter don't mind. - Dr. Seuss

http://www.toggpine.wordpress.com

Missouri Star

Post Thanks / Like

Creamed peas? creamed peas? As in little green english peas?? OMG.......on toast or any where else that made me shiver! Blech.....
    Last edited by pcbatiks; August 3rd, 2016 at 03:58 PM.
    "I'm putting together a list of 100 reasons why I am NOT relentless!" - Sue Heck, The Middle

Leonard: For God's sake, Sheldon, do I have to hold up a sarcasm sign every time I open my mouth?
    Sheldon (intrigued): You have a sarcasm sign?

Missouri Star

Post Thanks / Like

Okay ya'll are making me not only hungry, but homesick for the south. I haven't read all the posts, but I do remember sugar sandwiches on Wonder Bread during the times when there wasn't enough money for even peanut butter, much less jelly. Peanut Butter and banana sandwiches when we were "rich", and grits with lots of butter & pepper. Yummy.

But my all time favorite, and still is my #1 comfort food, is my Aunt's corn bread baked in a cast iron skillet. She would add minced onion and a whole kernel corn to the batter. I made this for a GF once, she took one bite and exclaimed: "OMG there's CORN in this cornbread" and promptly refused to eat any more. Go Figure....

Missouri Star

Post Thanks / Like

The beef...... yea, ......they tricked me into eating Bambi, ......ok.....the best beef ever.

Sundays, we're the day for a nice meal. I remember, mom cooking all day, and we would usually have desert too. She would make this one only on special days, it was like a combo Dump cake / pinapple upside down cake. Very tasty.

We are going to make a watermelon fruit / mix.
    Melons, honey dew & canlope + 1/2 grapes, strawberries, toasted pecans, use 1/2 watermelon as the bowl, let it sit over night. So fresh and so good..... has anyone tried this ?

....Bee
    The footprint's in the sand are not mine, but is that of the Lord's, who has been carrying me....

~~♡
    ~~~~Sewn By Bee

Batting Beauty

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by pcbatiks View Post
    Creamed peas? creamed peas? As in little green english peas?? OMG.......on toast or any where else that made shiver! Blech.....
    Creamed new potatoes and peas! Yum, yum, yum!
    Nancy

Missouri Star

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Caroline T. View Post
    Okay ya'll are making me not only hungry, but homesick for the south. I haven't read all the posts, but I do remember sugar sandwiches on Wonder Bread during the times when there wasn't enough money for even peanut butter, much less jelly. Peanut Butter and banana sandwiches when we were "rich", and grits with lots of butter & pepper. Yummy.

But my all time favorite, and still is my #1 comfort food, is my Aunt's corn bread baked in a cast iron skillet. She would add minced onion and a whole kernel corn to the batter. I made this for a GF once, she took one bite and exclaimed: "OMG there's CORN in this cornbread" and promptly refused to eat any more. Go Figure....
    Grits! Yay......I love grits.....and Caroline I agree they have to have lots of butter, pepper and salt..........yummy!
    "I'm putting together a list of 100 reasons why I am NOT relentless!" - Sue Heck, The Middle

Leonard: For God's sake, Sheldon, do I have to hold up a sarcasm sign every time I open my mouth?
    Sheldon (intrigued): You have a sarcasm sign?