Hi Guest, Welcome to the quilting forums, register now —or—

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    Missouri Star

Post Thanks / Like

Default Re: Happy and rough week in one 😧

Hospice is such a great organization. When they came to my aunts house they asked if she wanted to stay home. She was so scared. I stayed with her three months. Most difficult time in my life. It's a good thing you chose them so you could be together. It makes it more comforting for all. (((Hugs to you))).

Lorie

Missouri Star

Post Thanks / Like

Just saw this today...
    Definitely bittersweet, Sandy, but what a precious memory that you have

Missouri Star

Post Thanks / Like

Sending you hugs today, Sandy. Hold on to your memories.
    Cindy

Missouri Star

Post Thanks / Like

Oh I am so sad for everybody in reading over these posts. I have had my share too but I don't want to get into that.Yes it is true death comes hard to family members who relive it in their heads and hearts many times even though they don't want to. I am all for having a pity party on the anniversary, you have earned it and it might bring you some peace. Feeling sorry for yourself at a time like this is not selfish. My heart goes out to all of you.

Missouri Star

Post Thanks / Like

What a touching story, Sandy. Sending you hugs. My mom passed away in April on the 15th - tax day. She had a bit of a wicked sense of humor so I'm guessing she didn't want us kids to forget that day - like we ever would.
    Carolyn

6. Thanks AlohaSandy thanked for this post
    Missouri Star

Post Thanks / Like

Today you need lots of hugs. (((()))). And prayers being said for peace of mind and heart for you and your son. God Bless.

8. Thanks AlohaSandy thanked for this post
    Missouri Star

Post Thanks / Like

My heart sank over each and every memory on this thread. Gosh we loved and lost so many great people haven't we? HUGS for everyone.

It helps to tell the stories, and it helps to read them. We aren't alone. We share more than just fabric and thread with each other.

When I was 11 we lived in Maryland. My mom had to fly home to Texas because one of her sisters was dying of cancer. I was mad because my 12th birthday was in a week and she wouldn't be there for it. Selfish I know, but I was 11. My aunt died on my birthday. It then hit me how selfish I was. My dad did his best to make it a good birthday for me. He took me to the mall and got my ears pierced. I fainted on the first ear stick, so they took the opportunity and pierced the second one while I was out on the floor.

Every year after that my birthday does bring me some sadness but I think about Aunt Ruby and how much we loved her and miss her. Please tell your son how important family is and that his day is a day of celebrating great lives lived - his and his dad's. And his dad is so very proud of him.

The Guild President

Post Thanks / Like

Oh Sandy my heart goes out to you and your family. Grief is a very personal thing and different for everyone. Your son has to do this in his own way, I'm sure he knows you are there for him. My Mom passed at age 53 after a 18 month battle with cancer. I rarely left her side. 12 days later my youngest daughter was born. God doesn't make mistakes and He knew I would have to have someone who needed me to survive my grief. It took almost 3 years to put my Mom to rest. I even went on a quest back to her hometown, never realizing I was letting her go. I live in SC, and was born in Buffalo NY. I planned to visit Buffalo, Mom's bestfriend, the house we lived in ect and finish with a trip to Niagra Falls on mom's BD. EVERYTHING was going wrong to stop me from going. After driving 100 miles from home I called me sister in law ( she was to help my husband with the baby while I was away), crying asking her should I come back. Her brother was involved in a horrible car accident the night before. She told me, God is sending you on the quest, you have to finish it. So I drove north through the remneants of a hurricane and followed my heart. Mom has been gone 23 years and I now think of her in heaven, healthy, pain free, and playing with all og the children there with her. It was a long journey for me to find peace. I will be praying that you and your son find the path to your journey.

All my love,
    Liz

11. Thanks AlohaSandy thanked for this post
    Missouri Star

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by snippet View Post
    My heart sank over each and every memory on this thread. Gosh we loved and lost so many great people haven't we? HUGS for everyone.

It helps to tell the stories, and it helps to read them. We aren't alone. We share more than just fabric and thread with each other.

When I was 11 we lived in Maryland. My mom had to fly home to Texas because one of her sisters was dying of cancer. I was mad because my 12th birthday was in a week and she wouldn't be there for it. Selfish I know, but I was 11. My aunt died on my birthday. It then hit me how selfish I was. My dad did his best to make it a good birthday for me. He took me to the mall and got my ears pierced. I fainted on the first ear stick, so they took the opportunity and pierced the second one while I was out on the floor.

Every year after that my birthday does bring me some sadness but I think about Aunt Ruby and how much we loved her and miss her. Please tell your son how important family is and that his day is a day of celebrating great lives lived - his and his dad's. And his dad is so very proud of him.
    This is a wonderful story made me laugh about you fainting picturing a person on the floor getting an ear pierced. On the other note sorry you had to loose her on your birthday.
    Hawaiigrammi

The Guild President

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by AlohaSandy View Post
    Robin I feel the same way easier but never forgotten and yes kinda feel sorry for myself no one understands they say time to get over it , we had so many plans.
    A giant hug to you, and pardon my language, but anyone who said the bolded part to you about your sadness can suck it. There are no time limits on love, or on grief.

I'm having my own crying spells at every "first since" or "first without" regarding my father's passing right before this past Christmas. I was in the ER Friday, and the admitting lady asked me if my emergency contact was still my Dad. I actually feel sorry for the woman because I started crying immediately, and I know she felt awful about it. It just hit me like a punch in the gut, and took me by surprise.

Hugs again, my friend.