Hi Guest, Welcome to the quilting forums, register now —or—

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Missouri Star

Post Thanks / Like

Default Re: WIP - 7/26/16 - Have you hugged your sewing machine(s) today?

Very cool quilt, Denise! When do you stop to eat? You get more quilts made than anyone else around!

Altairss and Sylvia.......great looking projects.

I bought my iron on stabilizer today so hope to transfer my lettering to the quilt piece & start embroidering.

I found out yesterday that our LQS is closing.........very sad.
    "I'm putting together a list of 100 reasons why I am NOT relentless!" - Sue Heck, The Middle

Leonard: For God's sake, Sheldon, do I have to hold up a sarcasm sign every time I open my mouth?
    Sheldon (intrigued): You have a sarcasm sign?

2. Thanks Sylvia H thanked for this post
    Missouri Star

Along the Illinois river-Central Illinois
    Post Thanks / Like

Had a call from my local Quilt Club.. they have a need for 12.5 " blocks for the Veterans QOV presentations at the Aug Quilt show.

so I've been side tracked to make some blocks... They have enough people to make a dozen quilts before the show..If we could donate some blocks. LOL I'm getting a dozen done.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	lotto blocks.jpg 
Views:	27 
Size:	135.2 KB 
ID:	133651

4. Thanks Sylvia H thanked for this post
    Missouri Star

Post Thanks / Like

Too many of our LQS are closing down we lost four in my area in the last few months still making progress on my quilts and had a really ahah moment while doing some HST I really have trouble getting those center seams straight and keep meaning to buy the loc bloc either I forget when I place the order or has been sold out. Today while getting set to press open 8 then cut them down I was again kicking myself for forgetting to get one and thinking about how they work and realized if I just lightly finger pressed them open after setting the seam and take the long side of my square and slide it up against the center seam it would be doing the same thing pushing into a straight line.

So I did it and then firmly finger pressed the seam while It was keeping the seam straight then moved it out of the way and pressed it with the iron and best pressed it and pressed again. It was a bit slower then using the lock block but I had absolutely dead straight center seams I was so tickled they were a dream to square up.
    Use it up, wear it out, make it do or do without.

6. Thanks Sylvia H thanked for this post
    Missouri Star

Post Thanks / Like

Finished these placemats for my daughter-in-love! http://forum.missouriquiltco.com/sho...820#post895820
    If you are not willing to learn, no one can help you. If you are determined to learn, no one can stop you.- Zig Ziglar

Missouri Star

Post Thanks / Like

Everyone so busy and putting out such nice projects love em or WIP as it were. I keep digging in and then digging out more. Here is the blue starlight and I found some cuddle in my stash for the back and then since I snagged the half hexie on the daily deal I cut from solids some to go with my focus fabric. Its a pattern from Quilting is more fun then houseworks blog. I got all the black and white blocks pressed and ready to sew together and had another idea for them after I had dug thru my minky scraps. Having way to much fun busting thru stash and cleaning up the room all in one go.

Name:	halfhexie.jpg 
Views:	26 
Size:	151.7 KB 
ID:	133719Click image for larger version. 

Name:	minky.jpg 
Views:	24 
Size:	185.4 KB 
ID:	133720Click image for larger version. 

Name:	bluestarwhole.jpg 
Views:	31 
Size:	157.6 KB 
ID:	133721

9. Thanks Sylvia H, pcbatiks thanked for this post
    Missouri Star

Post Thanks / Like

I didn't get any sewing done today. I was lured to an estate sale that advertised crafting and quilting supplies and lots of fabric..............not............The fabric was mostly double knit and silky fabrics and no sign of quilting supplies. Oh well.....they can't all be winners.

I joining a UFO group in our guild that will start August 1st. We need 6 UFO's......I need to come up with the 6th one this weekend so I can put it on my list. The set up will be similar to the UFO group we have here on the forum........that I haven't done very well with.

My mom mentioned to me that maybe I should layer and quilt a top that belong to her mother or grandmother.......I'm a little scared to try that. Guess one that old may be better to hand quilt. I guess I should get her to show it to me and have her attach a note saying who made it and when.
    "I'm putting together a list of 100 reasons why I am NOT relentless!" - Sue Heck, The Middle

Leonard: For God's sake, Sheldon, do I have to hold up a sarcasm sign every time I open my mouth?
    Sheldon (intrigued): You have a sarcasm sign?

11. Thanks Sylvia H thanked for this post
    Missouri Star

Post Thanks / Like

I hurt my shoulder badly yesterday while watering the lawn. I just about went stir crazy when I couldn't do any sewing for a whole day. I felt a little better this morning so I found this paper piecing kit that I can work on without making my shoulder worse. It has beautifully shaded hand dyed fabric. I made two test spokes out of scraps to see if it was doable. So glad for my wonder clips! Looks like I am ready to cut up this beautiful fabric.

Name:	magnachroma 001.JPG 
Views:	50 
Size:	86.4 KB 
ID:	133736
    Stash Treasure Acquisitions Beyond Life Expectancy. My stash keeps me STABLE, oh yeah.... and dark chocolate.

13. Thanks Sylvia H thanked for this post
    Missouri Star

Post Thanks / Like

I have too many UFO's right now but needed to give myself a break and do some simple fun things. I joined the UFO group here but looking at I ain't done nothing this year yikes. Denise sorry to hear about your shoulder hope its better soon. That fabric is gorgeous and such a beautiful pattern at least you found something.

I got the borders on the weave quilt and now its done well ready to quilt anyway. I got the half hexie quilt laid out and now just need to sew it together. I have never had so many quilts with no one in mind before its weird.

15. Thanks Sylvia H thanked for this post