Hi Guest, Welcome to the quilting forums, register now —or—

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Missouri Star

Post Thanks / Like

Default Tuesday here I come

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	without my morning coffee i am just like a dried up piece of roast goat. johann sebastian bach.jpg 
Views:	46 
Size:	39.4 KB 
ID:	133520

Hello Folksies!!

It's Tuesday, it feels like August and I am ready for Autumn. Actually, I have been done with summer since July 4. The heat has been horrible - I'm sure it is that way everywhere. After all it is summer. Mercy, it isn't even August yet! August has always been my least favorite month. It's hot as blue blazes for one thing. And then, poof, if you happen to blink, it is Christmas. Yes, August has always been my least favorite month. Consider all the pitiful women heavy in pregnancy in August. yikes! Sorry my Leo friends, I hate to tell you but your Mommy couldn't stand the heat, so she got you out of the oven.

Growing up we didn't have a/c. We didn't even have ceiling fans! How did we survive? We didn't have an icemaker on our fridge - actually, I don't think they even invented those yet - but we would take a tray of ice cubes and put them in socks and wrap them around our necks to keep cool for like 3 minutes.

Insects get more active and hornets/wasps/ flying buggers get more angry when it's hot. And for some reason I don't understand the whys and wherefores of, those teeny tiny eeny weeny ants get in the house. We call them piss ants round here. For some unknown to me reason, they surface in August - although - its been so hot the past two weeks, the ants think it's August - and then they will disappear sometime in Sept.

Oh, btw, everyone in this neck of the woods is doing right well. In case I forget to tell you; my ode to August is:
    Bite Me.
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	lolly.jpg 
Views:	27 
Size:	21.0 KB 
ID:	133521

Smile today! Lots!

Sewing mends the soul.

Do the math; count your blessings
    Laughing is good exercise. It's like jogging on the inside.

http://pinterest.com/vintageprims/boards/ Unless we are creating we are not fully alive
    ~ Madeleine L'Engle

2. Thanks auntiemern, alliek, irishrn, Sandy Navas thanked for this post
    Missouri Star

Post Thanks / Like

Default Re: Tuesday here I come

Morning, Blondie! It's been pretty balmy here in Arkansas, too. Fall is my favorite time of the year! Especially in my neck of the woods, the colors are so vibrant!

I went to quilt guild meeting last night...we celebrated our Christmas in July! Many things to bid on to raise funds for the guild and oh my goodness the food for our dinner! Wow! The ladies here in this area know how to cook! I didn't get to bring anything home, but it was fun while it lasted.
    Sherri

"Don't let someone else's ugly spoil your beautiful. " Thanks, Bubby!!!!!!

Missouri Star

Post Thanks / Like

Good morning Blondie and all to come. Boy did we have some big storms in the area last night and it seems a bit cooler this morning. But I think think the temps will be getting up there again today. I'll enjoy the morning pleasantness while it's here. I've already taken a turn out in the backyard. We didn't have a/c when I was growing up either. My sis and I were talking about how, when it was really, really hot during the summer (probably in August), we would sleep outside in the backyard on lounge chairs.

Let's remember to say a prayer for Pat and her hubby today as he has his surgery. Send positive thoughts their way too.

I bet Monique is having a wonderful time catching a bunch of fish and relaxing.

Have a great day everyone and keep cool.
    Ginny B

http://www.ginnyscraftbasket.wordpress.com

Missouri Star

Post Thanks / Like

Lots of storms predicted here for this afternoon. Should be just another day of meetings at work. Praying for Pat and hubby today.

Missouri Star

Post Thanks / Like

Morning Everyone,

Blondie, I had my daughter August 22 in the middle of a heatwave. Around here July is the hottest month although it used to be August. Weather patterns are changing.

I picked up my little sashed half hexie from Reggie yesterday and it is destined to become my car quilt. I really don't care for the fabric I used for the half hexies and it only seems worse now that it's quilted. Reggie did her usual nice work with the quilting. I turned in the Flutterby quilt and I'm sure I will like it better.

It's going to be another real scorcher again today. I have errands to run before it gets too hot and a couple loads of wash to do.
    Other than that I plan to put the binding on the new quilt keep cool. Dottie has been playing in the hose a couple times a day and Olive watches from the A/C comfort of the house....she hates water.

Yes, let's keep Pat and MM in our prayers today.

Wishing everyone a blessed day with hugs...

Missouri Star

Post Thanks / Like

Bite me! Haha!! Love the loggy gagging-dilly dallying - started my smiling already today which I will need cause I have a dentist appt. to have a chipped tooth and start of a cavity on another tooth fixed today. At least they are both on the lower left. I put the dentist on the bad list way ahead of the female doctor list of yuck! Love my dentist though cause he is so sweet and very good. He knows my tolerance of him and anyone else in his field of work is not favorable - I almost have to go in there kicking and screaming - not really but I always want to run away somewhere instead of going in there.

I have been refilling the water bowl inside about 5 times a day with this heat. Only let the dog out to do her business and back in again. The cats like to lay out in the shade on the deck but I keep a close eye on them. Finally had a thunderstorm come through last night which we really needed. It came down pretty hard though so I don't know how much soaked in with the ground so dry.

I'll be praying for Pat and her husband today hoping all things go alright.

Might not be on here for a day or two as dh, daughter, and son are telling me to download the windows 10. I read the pros and cons and know I can go back to 7 if I want to so I may as well just do it. I'll see ya all 'on the other side' - haha!
    Have a great day everyone.
    http://www.flickr.com/photos/quiltsbytrish
    http://quiltdreaming.blogspot.com
    http://pinterest.com/TrishLapp

What if you woke up today and the only things you had were the things you thanked God for yesterday? quilting trish

Missouri Star

Post Thanks / Like

Morning all,
    Ginny we seemed to have those storms go around us last night. We could hear the thunder and see some lightning in the distance and got just a few drops of rain.
    My daughter had to have some biopsies done yesterday and has to go back again for more. Please keep her in your thoughts and prayers.
    It's going to be a hot one today so except for going for a haircut later this after noon I'll be staying in. Hope to accomplish something creative today my embroidery machine is downstairs on the dining room table as there is no air conditioning upstairs in my sewing room.
    Nobody is going to stand up at your funeral and say she had a really expensive sofa and great shoes Life is not about stuff.

Visit my Flickr page, sewing and cakes!
    http://www.flickr.com/photos/90704986@N07/

www.pinterest.com/cathyfiebe/boards

Missouri Star

Post Thanks / Like

Good morning! It's really hot and humid here too. We have 3 window AC units going full blast 24/7. Today is DH's birthday so the grandkids and I will make him his favorite German Chocolate cake to celebrate. My desktop computer died last week. DS tried everything he knew to do to try to revive it with no luck. Fed Ex is supposed to deliver my new Dell tomorrow and DS will install it for me. Now I'll have to save my pennies for a new wireless printer/copier.

Thinking of Pat and MM today...and all who are in need of prayers.
    *~* Myrna *~*
    *~* Quilters lead pieceful lives *~*

Missouri Star

Post Thanks / Like

Morning all, it is another hot one here in GA, also. I agree with Blondie, August is my least favorite month. We had 46 straight days of 90+ temps with no rain. Scorched earth going on in my garden.

Prayers for Pat & MM today and all else who needs them. I have a hair appointment at 10, then a quick run to the grocery store. Other than that, I'll be staying in where it's cool. Trying a new recipe tonight, chicken with artichoke and capers. I'll let you know how it is.

Have a great day everyone!
    Cindy

Missouri Star

Post Thanks / Like

Morning all
    It's been very hot here as well. Constant heat warnings and bad air, although I think today will be better.
    I finally finished cleaning my sewing room yesterday, so I can actually get in there and sew without being surrounded by clutter!!
    I feel like I'm 5 people with all the things I want to do - sewing, music, gym, and the list goes on.
    Hubby is buying me a new guitar this week Long story short (well, not too short)... I am mainly a vocalist and keyboard/piano person. I did play guitar for a while but never LOVED it because it always felt awkward holding the guitar. Well, I picked up my daughters ukulele that was collecting dust and learned how to play that - EUREKA!! I looove playing that because of the small size... DUH! Lightbulb moment - I'm going to get a 3/4 guitar (also known as a travel or kids sized guitar) and get back to playing that

Also on my list is to send and email to my newly discovered half sister to break the ice and introduce myself...

Thinking of Pat and MM today
    Have a great day all!