Hi Guest, Welcome to the quilting forums, register now —or—

Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast
    UN-Biased

Post Thanks / Like

Default Unwanted guest in my sewing room

My sewing room is in the basement along with the laundry room, 2 bedrooms, 1 full bathroom and a room we call the junk room. There is a good reason why it's called the junk room.

As I am going downstairs to do some sewing after a long 10 hour day at work, this is how I relax, low and be hold there on the floor right by my sewing chair is this big, long, fat, juicy snake. Yes, I screamed and jumped almost hitting my head on the ceiling. As I stared at the monster with his long forked tongue sticking out at me I realized I was in a predicament. My husband was out side working on a project and I had left my phone upstairs and couldn't call him while I kept an eye on this thing.

I yelled for Chopper, my trusty dog, who came to my rescue. Well at least I thought he was going to rescue me. I got his attention on the snake. As he slowly walked over to investigate this creature I jetted up the stairs to get my husband hoping that Chopper would keep the snake occupied long enough for my husband to get it. NOT! The chicken was right behind me on the stairs.

Long story short......My husband did get the snake, it hadn't moved from the spot. Questions now are...How did the snake get into the basement? Where did it come in at? AND Are there any more?

I will not be sewing for a little while until my husband checks the basement real good to make sure there are no more.

I guess if you look on the bright side I will not be doing laundry neither.

2. Thanks SallyO'Sews, Sylvia H thanked for this post
    Missouri Star

Post Thanks / Like

Default Re: Unwanted guest in my sewing room

They can come in around pipes. Dryer vent hoses, too.

Missouri Star

Post Thanks / Like

We had a few snakes in our basement and a couple in the house when we lived in town....yikes!! One day one slithered out from under the fridge so I picked up a pot of coffee that was brewing and threw it on the snake and then swept it out the back door. Things like this are a real shock. I hope you can find where your snake came in. Our old house had a stacked rock foundation and it was easy for them to squeeze through the rocks into the basement.

Missouri Star

Post Thanks / Like

Oh, it was just trying to cool off, poor thing!

Missouri Star

Post Thanks / Like

I haven't had one in the house yet, but I do get them on the porch sometimes. A can of wasp and hornet spray is a GREAT weapon!

Missouri Star

Post Thanks / Like

LOL - Good ol' Chopper! He wasn't running in fear, He was watching your rear to make sure the snake didn't follow you!

Missouri Star

Post Thanks / Like

Oh My Gosh!!! I have heard snake stories more than I care to hear. I think I would have to put my house up for sale if I found a snake inside. I'm sure you will be on "snake patrol" for quite some time after your encounter.
    Robin
    My Pinterest Page of the Quilts I've Made: http://www.pinterest.com/rwmomto3/quilts-ive-made/

Missouri Star

Post Thanks / Like

OMG I would totally freak out. The one in the world I am totally scared of is snakes!! I would be planning to move my sewing room upstairs if that happened to me!!

Missouri Star

Post Thanks / Like

I used to have a pet garter snake when I was a kid. I love them! Poor wee guy was probably more scared than you were! Of course, venomous snakes are a bit scary to have in the house...and having one come out from under the fridge would be a shock for sure. Overall though, I'd prefer a snake to an insect any day! Your dog is gorgeous!

Missouri Star

Orange County, CA and Baarn, Netherlands temporarily
    Post Thanks / Like

EEEEEK! No thank you.
    Goodbye Europe! Hello California! Home sweet home.