Hi Guest, Welcome to the quilting forums, register now —or—

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Missouri Star

Post Thanks / Like

Default Re: Wednesday, it's Wednesday

Morning Everyone,

It's a gloomy day here and feels like a storm might be brewing. Rain has not been forecasted for at least another week.

After Jeff gets home from work today we are going to Cuba to see what's left of our apartment. We went to court on this July 5 and they gave the tenant two more weeks, which ended yesterday. I had complaints from the tenants on either side of her that there was breaking glass and hammering on the walls. I dread finding out.

I gave the sewing room a lick and a promise this morning. It's neater but it's still a mess. Is a neat mess better than a messy mess?I watched a couple of sewing room organization videos on YouTube earlier today and got motivated.

Monique, wishing you a wonderful getaway.
    Robin, I know how hectic things are for you right now. My thoughts and prayers are with you.

Hugs all around....

2. Thanks Monique thanked for this post
    Missouri Star

Post Thanks / Like

I've got the bed stripped & laundry started. After I get dressed, I'll hang the pillows out on the line in the sun for a few hrs. It was 99 here yest. & looks like it will be just as hot today. Chance of afternoon thundershowers. Two people in the Denver area yest. were struck by lightning when they were out on the golf course. Lightning is a big hazard in this state--so is hail.

I finished the Little Ark #6 quilt top yest. Time to clip the threads on it, press it, trim up the backing fabric, press it, then it will be ready to sandwich & quilt. Oh, I also need to make a sample block sandwich for practice FMQ. I make one for every quilt I make. I keep them for reference. I write on the back with a Sharpie the pattern name & date I made it. I also document by taking pics of all my quilts. I don't really keep a journal per se.

Well, time for breakfast.

4. Thanks Monique thanked for this post
    Missouri Star

Post Thanks / Like

Hi all,

............Click image for larger version. 

Name:	1463368895115.jpg 
Views:	32 
Size:	45.8 KB 
ID:	133308
    Isn't this adorable. ♡♡♡
    I am thinking about maybe, finding me a Ragdoll Kitty, in the future, I had a Persian + Siamese years back. Can anyone point me in the right direction.

There is also a Munchkin Cat I like too....
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	received_1590670761262668.jpeg 
Views:	28 
Size:	13.1 KB 
ID:	133322

Sending hugs your way Robin.

Barb... Yes.....but my organized mess, quickly turned into a disaster...... I am trying to get it fixed but it's just NOT really right.
    Does anyone have any
    Ideas for magazines, and their patterns, and being able to find them after you put them on the shelf.......grrrr.

Have a good day ........be blessed.

....Bee
    The footprint's in the sand are not mine, but is that of the Lord's, who has been carrying me....

~~♡
    ~~~~Sewn By Bee

6. Thanks Monique thanked for this post
    Missouri Star

Post Thanks / Like

Morning y'all.

Looks like a lot of y'all are about to go on trips. They sound fun. Wish I was going.

I finished a table topper last night (the Stargello) so today I'm going to look for a suitable backing fabric. I think I have some scraps from one of my quilt backs, so I've got to find them and set them aside.

I'm dropping a few people off at the airport today. They are people from my church who are going on a 2 week mission trip to Malawi. I've been on mission trips before, but not to Africa. It's such a long flight! Not for me.

Then I've got to buy some tickets for the Alaska train. A friend and I are going on a cruise to Alaska next month so we are busy planning every port, every hour so we won't miss a thing. It's almost as fun as going on the cruise itself. So much to see and do.

Y'all be safe, drink lots of water and stay out of the sun.

8. Thanks Monique thanked for this post
    Block Queen

Post Thanks / Like

Here I am reading about everyone's day while my husband packs the truck. We are headed to the lake for a week. We will be camping in a house we are rehabbing. It isn't really camping but with only patio furniture moved so far, it feels like camping. We are enlarging the bathroom to be handicap friendly. The house is great but we need a bathroom that takes care of us into the future. My DH loves to supervise projects. I left my featherweight machine there last trip so will be able to work on a UFO.

Better check to see what is left to load. Have a great day all.
    Carolyn

10. Thanks Monique thanked for this post