Hi Guest, Welcome to the quilting forums, register now —or—

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    Missouri Star

Post Thanks / Like

Default Yesterday is a cancelled check, today is a check you are writing and tomorrow is a blank check.

I got a call at 6:30 am this morning from a friend in St. Louis. My friends husband had a massive heart attack a week ago yesterday. He passed away during the night.

My friend is 56 and Steve was 47. First marriage for both of them. They were together for 12 years. Steve weighed over three hundred pounds, three years ago he decided to do something about it and had the weight loss surgery. He lost down to about 175 pounds. Even though he worked to get healthier I guess the damage was done.

They married late in life and had no children. But the one thing I know about them is they constantly held hands, had date nights, told each other how much they loved each other and cared for the each other physically and emotionally.

If you are lucky enough to have someone in your life you love, be sure to tell them. I mean spouse, significant other, children, nieces or nephews. Even if it is just someone you care a lot about take the time to let them know.

None of us knows the length of time we have to share with our loved ones so make every day count.

2. Thanks tamsterg7, snippet, alliek, Claire Hallman thanked for this post
    Missouri Star

Post Thanks / Like

Default Re: Yesterday is a cancelled check, today is a check you are writing and tomorrow is a blank check.

So sorry for your loss....your advice is right on!
    Carol

Sewing Mends The Soul ~ Author Unknown

Missouri Star

Orange County, CA and Baarn, Netherlands temporarily
    Post Thanks / Like

Default Re: Yesterday is a cancelled check, today is a check you are writing and tomorrow is a blank check.

Sorry to hear this sad news. I'm glad, though, that they had this time together sharing in a very happy marriage. Not everyone is so lucky.
    Goodbye Europe! Hello California! Home sweet home.

Missouri Star

Post Thanks / Like

Bob i'm so sorry for your loss.It sounds like they were a very lucky couple and loved each other very much.
    Joan

Missouri Star

Post Thanks / Like

Bob, so sorry for your loss. Thank you for the reminder of how precious the moments with our love ones and friends are.

I am so thankful for all of the wonderful friends that I have gotten to know on this forum.

Missouri Star

Post Thanks / Like

Bob, so sorry for your loss. Time is precious.
    Blessed are the children of the piecemakers for they shall inherit the quilts!

Missouri Star

Post Thanks / Like

So sorry for your loss, Bob. Each day is a gift to be treasured.

Missouri Star

Post Thanks / Like

So sorry for your loss Bob. ((((hugs))))
    Beth

Procrastinate. It frees up time to quilt!

Missouri Star

Post Thanks / Like

So sorry for your loss. It sounds like your friend and her husband made the most of the time they had together. Thank you for your wonderful words reminding us about how precious each day is.
    Ginny B

http://www.ginnyscraftbasket.wordpress.com

Designer Diva

Post Thanks / Like

Sorry for your loss Bob. A dear friend of mine had harsh words with a family member one day only to never get the opportunity to make amends as the the family member passed away suddenly later that day. Never leave a conversation or a moment on a "bad note" no matter how hard it often may be.....you're so right Bob, treasure and honour each other, every day.