Hi Guest, Welcome to the quilting forums, register now —or—

Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast
    Missouri Star

Post Thanks / Like

Default WIP - 7/12/16 - It may be a scrappy week

Hi everyone! I hope you are all doing well. RockinLou - so very sorry to hear about your husband. My sincere wish for his recovery and the necessary life style changes.

Yesterday and today, I have been working on a scrappy quilt. A really scrappy quilt - as all the material is scraps from other projects. Not sure that all the colors are compatible. But my hope is that with good block placement, it will work. Today I finished 176- 4.5" half square triangles and I began 112 - 2.5" half square triangles. I think I'll get those done tonight, and then I can start putting blocks together. (Just what I need - another quilt top!!!)

What are YOU doing? Please share with us.
    If you are not willing to learn, no one can help you. If you are determined to learn, no one can stop you.- Zig Ziglar

Missouri Star

Post Thanks / Like

Default Re: WIP - 7/12/16 - It may be a scrappy week

Hi Sylvia, I have finished a couple baby quilts for gifts the last few weeks...
    I have a charm square baby girl quilt to hand stitch the binding on this evening...it will probably go into my box for the PICU group...I also have been making sets of potholders to take to a friend that sells them at the farmers markets in our area...
    Carol

Sewing Mends The Soul ~ Author Unknown

3. Thanks Sylvia H thanked for this post
    Missouri Star

Post Thanks / Like

Still juggling between falling charms quilt for Mom and "In the middle" quilt for DS. Can't wait to get them finished to be able to post a pic. Happy quilting everyone.

5. Thanks Sylvia H thanked for this post
    Missouri Star

Orange County, CA and Baarn, Netherlands temporarily
    Post Thanks / Like

Altering really expensive formal evening gowns for two weddings. Talk about nerve-wracking. I really need to say no next time someone asks me to do this for them. One false move on my part and I could ruin these dresses. Stress level is high.

Continuing to sand some on the hutch I am refinishing. Tedious work but it will be worth it once that cupboard is in place in our living room. I'm anxious to get back to quilting. I'm going to start with a new wall hanging for our family room.
    Goodbye Europe! Hello California! Home sweet home.

7. Thanks Sylvia H thanked for this post
    Missouri Star

Post Thanks / Like

I finally got all of the blocks sewn together for my Goodnight Irene quilt. Boy am I tired of snowballing. Tomorrow I will finish squaring everything and then get the blocks sewn together so this quilt is out of my hair. Christmas present #1.
    ATTITUDE IS THE DIFFERENCE BETWEEN AN ORDEAL AND AN ADVENTURE

9. Thanks Sylvia H thanked for this post
    Missouri Star

Post Thanks / Like

Finished Mom's Christmas quilt yesterday. I think I'lll work on an easy donation quilt today--a bit of mindless sewing sounds good!
    Courtesy is not optional.

http://theeclecticabuela.blogspot.com

11. Thanks Sylvia H thanked for this post
    Missouri Star

Post Thanks / Like

I've been practicing some embroidery stitches before adding it to my current project. It's been a very long time.......
    "I'm putting together a list of 100 reasons why I am NOT relentless!" - Sue Heck, The Middle

Leonard: For God's sake, Sheldon, do I have to hold up a sarcasm sign every time I open my mouth?
    Sheldon (intrigued): You have a sarcasm sign?

13. Thanks Sylvia H thanked for this post
    Missouri Star

Along the Illinois river-Central Illinois
    Post Thanks / Like

starting to add sashing to some Orphans... Just what I need today is some straight sewing without having to figure out corners or matching seams. Maybe later I can hand sew the binding on another quilt as I watch a little tv.

15. Thanks Sylvia H thanked for this post
    Missouri Star

Post Thanks / Like

I am working on a scrap quilt too, something for me!! I have the top all done and am into the big stitch quilting on it. I can't tell you how much fun it has been making this! The fabrics are completely random, print on print on print--that is, hardly any solids. There's civil war repro, 1930's, modern, stripes, checks, calico, polka dots, you name it and in all diffetent colors. I know it sounds really ugly and awful but it is actually pretty cool. I had so many charm packs and decided what am I saving these up for? It felt great using up so much of my stash.

17. Thanks Sylvia H thanked for this post
    Designer Diva

Post Thanks / Like

Hello everyone! I am still working on the cathedral stars. I have made 100 HST units (4.5) and 305 patch units (4.5) and now assembling blocks. 15 blocks made 55 to go In between stitching, I began "coaching" students working to achieve their school principal credentials...exciting!
    Happy stitching
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	CStars.jpg 
Views:	113 
Size:	169.5 KB 
ID:	133029

19. Thanks SisterDi, cv quilter, Sylvia H thanked for this post