Hi Guest, Welcome to the quilting forums, register now —or—

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    Missouri Star

Post Thanks / Like

Default RETIREMENT . . . excited . . .

. . . and a bit scared. I've decided to retire at the end of the year!!! I have been working full-time all my adult life and so looking forward to having time to do the things that interest me - like quilting, volunteering, traveling, etc. I have been blessed to have a wonderful job the past 16 years and a great boss - which made it a hard decision. I will be moving from the Kansas City area to a small town about 100 miles south. I will be a lot closer to my Mom who lives there. She is 85 and still in great health and I look forward to spending time with her. She is excited - she has been pretty lonely since Dad died a little over a year ago. She got interested in (addicted) quilting about 3 years ago and it has been fun sharing that with her. I'm also looking forward to spending more time with the grandkids. I haven't been married for a long - long time - so my time is my own and I plan to pursue some great activities and travel some with Mom.

On another note - I've been thinking about trading my Janome 6600P and 1600 in on the new Janome 9400 QCP. I got the chance to sew on it at the sewing machine dealer I use - it seems fabulous!! If anyone has one - would love your review.
    ***Kathy***

2. Thanks SallyO'Sews thanked for this post
    Missouri Star

Post Thanks / Like

Default Re: RETIREMENT . . . excited . . .

Congrats! That's a big decision and it sounds like it's a good one for you! I can imagine being scared and excited at the same time!

4. Thanks klgls thanked for this post
    Applique Angel

Post Thanks / Like

Congrats on your pending retirement. Enjoy those special moments with your mom!

6. Thanks klgls thanked for this post
    Missouri Star

Post Thanks / Like

Congratulations! What an awesome plan you have and I so envy you! Enjoy the precious time with your Mom! Mine just passed this year - she would've been 86.
    I am Sew Blessed!
    Alina

8. Thanks klgls thanked for this post
    Missouri Star

Post Thanks / Like

I am so so excited for you. And to be able to spend more time with your mom and the grands, how awesome it that.
    Karen
    Life is short - live it up while you can

10. Thanks klgls thanked for this post
    The Guild President

Post Thanks / Like

Congrats. I retired earlier this year - and have not once regretted it. Enjoy the time with your mom. It's nice you now have more in common. Can't help with the Janome question - Good Luck!

12. Thanks klgls thanked for this post
    Missouri Star

Orange County, CA and Baarn, Netherlands temporarily
    Post Thanks / Like

You'll love being retired. As my sister said She never saw anyone who was retired who didn't have a smile on their face when they came into the library where she worked. She finally retired and is loving it!!!
    Goodbye Europe! Hello California! Home sweet home.

14. Thanks klgls thanked for this post
    Missouri Star

Post Thanks / Like

Kathy, if I wasn't so happy for you, I would be insanely jealous. Hope you enjoy every single minute of your retirement - sounds as if you have certainly earned it! Glad you'll be near your mom & grands - that's the best ever!

16. Thanks klgls thanked for this post
    Missouri Star

Post Thanks / Like

So happy for you. I find myself thinking about it more and more often these days. I keep hoping they decide to give me a package. It would make the decision much easier. Maybe when I get grands. Again very HAPPY for you.

18. Thanks klgls thanked for this post
    Applique Angel

Post Thanks / Like

Congratulations! I retired 2 years ago and I have always said "Retirement is the best kept secret". I know you will enjoy spending time with your Mom and doing things together. As the date approaches, you will be even more excited! All the best.
    Peggiep
    "I don't need to get organized, I just need a bigger sewing room."

20. Thanks klgls thanked for this post