Hi Guest, Welcome to the quilting forums, register now —or—

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234
Results 31 to 39 of 39
  1. #31
    Missouri Star

    Join Date
    May 2013
    Location
    Eagan, Mn
    Posts
    1,112
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default Re: Arnold Palmer Pan Roasted Chicken Thighs

    Sylvia, Thanks so much for this recipe!! I'll be making it tonight with a chicken I got from a farmer; I'll just cut up the whole chicken and follow your directions. Perfect timing - I was looking for a new chicken recipe.
    Also - could you re-post your beef and cabbage recipe again - I missed it. I just don't get on here as much as I'd like. Thanks so much!

    PS: I re-posted this on my FB page. Hope that's ok.

  2. Thanks Sylvia H thanked for this post
  3. #32
    Missouri Star

    Join Date
    May 2014
    Location
    Schwenksville, PA USA
    Posts
    4,340
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default Re: Arnold Palmer Pan Roasted Chicken Thighs

    Quote Originally Posted by Lilly View Post
    Sylvia, Thanks so much for this recipe!! I'll be making it tonight with a chicken I got from a farmer; I'll just cut up the whole chicken and follow your directions. Perfect timing - I was looking for a new chicken recipe.
    Also - could you re-post your beef and cabbage recipe again - I missed it. I just don't get on here as much as I'd like. Thanks so much!

    PS: I re-posted this on my FB page. Hope that's ok.
    Let me know how it turned out. I don't see a problem with using whole chicken parts - but you may have to lengthen the cooking time in the oven.

    Here is the beef and cabbage recipe: http://southernfood.about.com/od/gro...ed-cabbage.htm

    Although it is late in the day, I am making this chicken recipe for dinner tonight - my daughter is joining me for a late dinner. I also made the unstuffed cabbage recipe a few days ago. I ate some, and put the rest into serving sizes in the freezer.

    And, absolutely not a problem to repost any of these recipes on FB. Let's share the good information.
    If you are not willing to learn, no one can help you. If you are determined to learn, no one can stop you.- Zig Ziglar

  4. #33
    Missouri Star

    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Location
    Kauai
    Posts
    21,702
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default Re: Arnold Palmer Pan Roasted Chicken Thighs

    I wonder if that cabbage recipe would work well with ground turkey?



    Lorie

  5. #34
    Missouri Star

    Join Date
    May 2014
    Location
    Schwenksville, PA USA
    Posts
    4,340
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default Re: Arnold Palmer Pan Roasted Chicken Thighs

    Quote Originally Posted by Hulamoon View Post
    I wonder if that cabbage recipe would work well with ground turkey?
    Yes it does. I just made it this week using 1 lb beef and 1 lb ground turkey. I think using all turkey will also work well. While beef does have a distinctive flavor, I think the flavors of the other ingredients will be enough to compensate for the milder taste of the turkey.
    If you are not willing to learn, no one can help you. If you are determined to learn, no one can stop you.- Zig Ziglar

  6. #35
    Missouri Star

    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Location
    Kauai
    Posts
    21,702
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default Re: Arnold Palmer Pan Roasted Chicken Thighs

    Quote Originally Posted by Sylvia H View Post
    Yes it does. I just made it this week using 1 lb beef and 1 lb ground turkey. I think using all turkey will also work well. While beef does have a distinctive flavor, I think the flavors of the other ingredients will be enough to compensate for the milder taste of the turkey.
    I keep forgetting I have a meat grinder for my Kitchen Aid. Maybe I will try out chicken thighs. That should add more flavor. I'll let you know.



    Lorie

  7. Thanks Sylvia H thanked for this post
  8. #36
    The Guild President

    Join Date
    Dec 2014
    Location
    Tennessee
    Posts
    697
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default Re: Arnold Palmer Pan Roasted Chicken Thighs

    Tried this chix recipe - turned out really good. Even husband said good - juicy.

  9. Thanks Sylvia H thanked for this post
  10. #37
    Missouri Star

    Join Date
    May 2013
    Location
    Eagan, Mn
    Posts
    1,112
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default Re: Arnold Palmer Pan Roasted Chicken Thighs

    Thank you so much for the link to the casserole, Sylvia! I'm just now getting back on here for a few minutes. I'm having 50++ neighbors over for our yearly picnic tonight and have been working since early early and the weekend. Didn't mean to delay my thanks for so long. Looks wonderful! YUMMY!

  11. Thanks Sylvia H thanked for this post
  12. #38
    Missouri Star

    Join Date
    May 2014
    Location
    Schwenksville, PA USA
    Posts
    4,340
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default Re: Arnold Palmer Pan Roasted Chicken Thighs

    Quote Originally Posted by Lilly View Post
    Thank you so much for the link to the casserole, Sylvia! I'm just now getting back on here for a few minutes. I'm having 50++ neighbors over for our yearly picnic tonight and have been working since early early and the weekend. Didn't mean to delay my thanks for so long. Looks wonderful! YUMMY!
    Not a problem! Your picnic sounds great. My son and DIL have an annual picnic that hosts upwards to 80 people!
    If you are not willing to learn, no one can help you. If you are determined to learn, no one can stop you.- Zig Ziglar

  13. #39
    Missouri Star

    Join Date
    Oct 2012
    Location
    San Antonio, TX
    Posts
    3,628
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default Re: Arnold Palmer Pan Roasted Chicken Thighs

    I just wanted to add my thanks for this recipe. I made it while my daughter was home and she loved it too. She's taking home the recipe to make for her husband.

    Next I'll try making a slab pie.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •