Hi Guest, Welcome to the quilting forums, register now —or—

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234
    Missouri Star

Post Thanks / Like

Default Re: Arnold Palmer Pan Roasted Chicken Thighs

Sylvia, Thanks so much for this recipe!! I'll be making it tonight with a chicken I got from a farmer; I'll just cut up the whole chicken and follow your directions. Perfect timing - I was looking for a new chicken recipe.
    Also - could you re-post your beef and cabbage recipe again - I missed it. I just don't get on here as much as I'd like. Thanks so much!

PS: I re-posted this on my FB page. Hope that's ok.

2. Thanks Sylvia H thanked for this post
    Missouri Star

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Lilly View Post
    Sylvia, Thanks so much for this recipe!! I'll be making it tonight with a chicken I got from a farmer; I'll just cut up the whole chicken and follow your directions. Perfect timing - I was looking for a new chicken recipe.
    Also - could you re-post your beef and cabbage recipe again - I missed it. I just don't get on here as much as I'd like. Thanks so much!

PS: I re-posted this on my FB page. Hope that's ok.
    Let me know how it turned out. I don't see a problem with using whole chicken parts - but you may have to lengthen the cooking time in the oven.

Here is the beef and cabbage recipe: http://southernfood.about.com/od/gro...ed-cabbage.htm

Although it is late in the day, I am making this chicken recipe for dinner tonight - my daughter is joining me for a late dinner. I also made the unstuffed cabbage recipe a few days ago. I ate some, and put the rest into serving sizes in the freezer.

And, absolutely not a problem to repost any of these recipes on FB. Let's share the good information.
    If you are not willing to learn, no one can help you. If you are determined to learn, no one can stop you.- Zig Ziglar

Missouri Star

Post Thanks / Like

I wonder if that cabbage recipe would work well with ground turkey?

Lorie

Missouri Star

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Hulamoon View Post
    I wonder if that cabbage recipe would work well with ground turkey?
    Yes it does. I just made it this week using 1 lb beef and 1 lb ground turkey. I think using all turkey will also work well. While beef does have a distinctive flavor, I think the flavors of the other ingredients will be enough to compensate for the milder taste of the turkey.
    If you are not willing to learn, no one can help you. If you are determined to learn, no one can stop you.- Zig Ziglar

Missouri Star

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Sylvia H View Post
    Yes it does. I just made it this week using 1 lb beef and 1 lb ground turkey. I think using all turkey will also work well. While beef does have a distinctive flavor, I think the flavors of the other ingredients will be enough to compensate for the milder taste of the turkey.
    I keep forgetting I have a meat grinder for my Kitchen Aid. Maybe I will try out chicken thighs. That should add more flavor. I'll let you know.

Lorie

7. Thanks Sylvia H thanked for this post
    The Guild President

Post Thanks / Like

Tried this chix recipe - turned out really good. Even husband said good - juicy.

9. Thanks Sylvia H thanked for this post
    Missouri Star

Post Thanks / Like

Thank you so much for the link to the casserole, Sylvia! I'm just now getting back on here for a few minutes. I'm having 50++ neighbors over for our yearly picnic tonight and have been working since early early and the weekend. Didn't mean to delay my thanks for so long. Looks wonderful! YUMMY!

11. Thanks Sylvia H thanked for this post
    Missouri Star

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Lilly View Post
    Thank you so much for the link to the casserole, Sylvia! I'm just now getting back on here for a few minutes. I'm having 50++ neighbors over for our yearly picnic tonight and have been working since early early and the weekend. Didn't mean to delay my thanks for so long. Looks wonderful! YUMMY!
    Not a problem! Your picnic sounds great. My son and DIL have an annual picnic that hosts upwards to 80 people!

Missouri Star

Post Thanks / Like

I just wanted to add my thanks for this recipe. I made it while my daughter was home and she loved it too. She's taking home the recipe to make for her husband.

Next I'll try making a slab pie.