Hi Guest, Welcome to the quilting forums, register now —or—

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Missouri Star

Post Thanks / Like

Default WIP - 6/28/16 - The end of June

We are at the last few days of June, which puts us 1/2 through this year! Oh wow, the time is flying by.

Yesteday I did a little organization and scrap cutting in my sewing room. I have 179 five inch charm squares that have to be cut down to 4 7/8" squares! Ugh! These are all fabrics left over from other projects, and I am going to use them to make another scrappy quilt. I'll be using them as leaders and enders as I work on another project. Next on my list are two coaster sets that I want to make for my niece and nephew for Christmas. I am on a mission to get my Christmas gifts done before December 1!

Let's all share what we are working on this week. And Lou - so glad to see you back in the USA, and Juliet, I enjoyed reading about your vacation.
    If you are not willing to learn, no one can help you. If you are determined to learn, no one can stop you.- Zig Ziglar

Designer Diva

Post Thanks / Like

Default Re: WIP - 6/28/16 - The end of June

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	cathedral stas.jpg 
Views:	54 
Size:	160.1 KB 
ID:	132592

This is block one of my work in progress. I have a ton of 4 patches and hst's to do to make 25 of these blocks. Auditioning colors for the hst's. More to come. Happy stitching.

3. Thanks Sylvia H thanked for this post
    Missouri Star

Post Thanks / Like

I'm working on a little Flutterby quilt....

Name:	SmallTalk.jpg 
Views:	37 
Size:	47.1 KB 
ID:	132605

5. Thanks Sylvia H thanked for this post
    Missouri Star

Post Thanks / Like

I have finally gotten back to the sewing machine after our move. I am still working out the kinks to make the new sewing room organized but things are pretty much where they need to be.
    I started taking apart a double top making it into two twins before we moved. I have gotten back on that and have one twin put together and have started working on the extra blocks needed for the second twin. Progress is being made.
    It feels really good to be back in the saddle again.

7. Thanks Sylvia H thanked for this post
    Missouri Star

Post Thanks / Like

I'm making a Christmas quilt for my mom.
    Courtesy is not optional.

http://theeclecticabuela.blogspot.com

9. Thanks Sylvia H thanked for this post
    Missouri Star

Post Thanks / Like

I finished the Jazz quilt and posted a picture in Show and Tell

http://forum.missouriquiltco.com/showthread.php?t=64247

It turned out nice but I am putting this pattern in my "never again" category. It looks easy but was actually a pain to construct. Even with sitting on the floor and pinning every two inches the parts kept creeping and I struggled to keep the corners square. This was with the pieces cut the length of fabric too. My back aches. Nope, never again.

Because this quilt was such a pain I have decided to go back and do a very simple quilt. I choose the Crossroads pattern from the book Colorful Quilts for Fabric Lovers. I have already made this pattern four times, but it is one of my favorites. Using my trusty Creative Grids Stripology rulers I was able to make almost all the cuts from a single 6" Kaffe Fassett Spring Pastel design roll in just a few hours. The roll had 20 6.25" wide pieces in it. I need to find 21 more 1" wide by 6.25" wide pieces in pastel colors from my scrap bin and I will be ready to start sewing.
    Stash Treasure Acquisitions Beyond Life Expectancy. My stash keeps me STABLE, oh yeah.... and dark chocolate.

11. Thanks Sylvia H thanked for this post
    Missouri Star

Post Thanks / Like

Hello!! We're de-jet-lagged and enjoying visiting with friends. I have made some clothing in the past 48 hours, and I have a few more things I want to make in the next day or two, as I am trying to get some fun things done before my son and I go to Disney World for a few days next week.

I haven't done any quilting this week, but I do have myself signed up for a 12 hour retreat on Saturday, so I'll have to seriously consider what to work on there, I have my niece's quilt, but I'm not sure if there will be enough design wall space for me to lay it out and finish it up (it is all in blocks) and I have 2 different stacks of 12 inch squares from BOM patterns that I would like to get pieced into tops, they need sashing and boarders, but again, I'm not sure if there will be the physical space there for me to do it.

so, maybe I'll bring those and end up buying something else, I have NO IDEA!! LOL!! I have some bins of fabric that I'd like to go through and see if there are any small projects in there calling out to me.... but they're behind a pile of books that need to go on a bookshelf, which needs to be bought at Ikea.... after we get paid....

Have you ever read "If You Give a Mouse a Cookie" "If You Give a Pig a Pancake" or "If you Give A Quilter Fabric" ??? LOL

goodnight friends!!

13. Thanks Sylvia H thanked for this post
    Missouri Star

Post Thanks / Like

I have a quilt for Mom's Christmas gift loaded on the long arm, hoping to quilt it this weekend, while alternating between a row by row wall hanging and a quilt for son's Christmas. Finally got myself moving, even if only 15-30 minutes nightly during the week.

15. Thanks Sylvia H thanked for this post
    Missouri Star

Post Thanks / Like

Finished the center of my rail fence variation quilt also called a ribbon weave just have to put the narrow border on and then on to the backing. I am torn between FMQ it but want to use a minky backing and not sure how well that will work on my domestic. and I Finished another 10 blocks on my King Morning star quilt and I am chain piecing more of the sashing to make more blocks. Argh the quilt is a 100 blocks its a bit slow going I think I have about 35 done now. AT least I have been able to get some quilting done.
    Use it up, wear it out, make it do or do without.

17. Thanks Sylvia H thanked for this post
    Designer Diva

Post Thanks / Like

Name:	Cathredral Star1 (640x360).jpg 
Views:	38 
Size:	132.2 KB 
ID:	132657
    Working on the second block now! My summer challenge. Happy stitching!

19. Thanks Sylvia H thanked for this post