Hi Guest, Welcome to the quilting forums, register now —or—

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    Missouri Star

Post Thanks / Like

Default WIP - 6/21/16 - Summer! It's Official

It is now officially summer in the northern hemisphere. (I'm trading my electric heating bill for my electric cooling bill!)

My best news is .... the "Cat and Snail Continuum" is FINISHED!!!!!!! It is in the wash right now, and I hope to take some pictures later. I hope I can backtrack to determine when, exactly I started this quilt. It seems like I have been working on it for quite awhile. There were some struggles, to be sure, such as the green inner border that I removed, added, and then removed again! I'm glad that my final decision was to remove it. I continued to have problems with the quilting. Every time I changed the bobbin, my machine would act like it didn't know what to do with the top and bottom threads. Often it took a full hour to get the machine stitching correctly after a bobbin change.

Now that this quilt is finished, I am turning my efforts towards Christmas gifts and the wedding picture & signature quilt for my daughter.

What is everyone else doing this week?
    If you are not willing to learn, no one can help you. If you are determined to learn, no one can stop you.- Zig Ziglar

2. Thanks Altairss thanked for this post
    Missouri Star

Post Thanks / Like

Default Re: WIP - 6/21/16 - Summer! It's Official

Congratulations, Sylvia!

I finished my "almost done" pile! I always get hung up when they are at the ready-to-quilt stage--the actual quilting is the hardest part for me. I'll move on to my "in progress" projects. I'm making churn dashes today--I made more than I needed for the last quilt, and I have ideas for another, but not quite enough extras to do it.

Have a productive week, everyone.
    Courtesy is not optional.

http://theeclecticabuela.blogspot.com

4. Thanks Sylvia H thanked for this post
    Missouri Star

Post Thanks / Like

It is hot and very humid here in Texas, so I am working on a cool and soothing blue and white quilt. This is how far I have gotten so far.
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	sinfonia 017.JPG 
Views:	69 
Size:	154.7 KB 
ID:	132248
    We have had a large batch of baby birds at the feeder this week.This baby repeatedly fell asleep sitting on the bird feeder. The other birds did not find it as amusing as I did. That cardinal goes bald every summer. There is a matching female cardinal that also goes bald every summer. Eew!

Name:	sinfonia 003.JPG 
Views:	79 
Size:	86.3 KB 
ID:	132249

Sylvia, the last time my sewing machine acted like that there was a piece of thread stuck in the upper tension discs. Have you tried "flossing" your upper tension disc?
    Stash Treasure Acquisitions Beyond Life Expectancy. My stash keeps me STABLE, oh yeah.... and dark chocolate.

6. Thanks Sylvia H thanked for this post
    Missouri Star

Post Thanks / Like

Hey Denise, here's a quilt I think you will like. I came across it a few years ago while surfing the net for quilt ideas. Of course....later on I could not find it again. Last night I found it be accident. Just thought I would share the link. Scroll to center of the page. The piecing looks like 3 dimensional bows.

http://www.nohatsinthehouse.com/2013...ers-quilt.html
    "I'm putting together a list of 100 reasons why I am NOT relentless!" - Sue Heck, The Middle

Leonard: For God's sake, Sheldon, do I have to hold up a sarcasm sign every time I open my mouth?
    Sheldon (intrigued): You have a sarcasm sign?

Missouri Star

Post Thanks / Like

Hi Sylvia and hi everybody else

I'm glad summer is here. As soon as it starts, the faster autumn comes LOL sorry I don't like the heat at all

This week I want to work on my blocks for the QuiltforPulse for the victims of the Orlando shooting, I have gifts to sew, things to quilt... I have a HUGE LONG LIST
    My blog (when I will be able to keep it updated): http://juliasdreamabout.blogspot.it/

Queen of Quiltgard

Lover of Scraps

9. Thanks Sylvia H thanked for this post
    Missouri Star

Post Thanks / Like

I haven't posted here in a while, but this is what I'm working on. Just need to add a couple borders. I'm also working on a carseat cover out of the same material. My daughter and her hubby did their son's nursery in fish!

Name:	IMG_0057.jpg 
Views:	87 
Size:	213.0 KB 
ID:	132264

11. Thanks Sylvia H thanked for this post
    Applique Angel

Post Thanks / Like

Hi everybody!
    Happy summer! I had my weekly sit-n-sew today and used the time to rip out all of my blocks for a baby quilt in progress. One friend came with nothing to do and helped me. That was much appreciated. Just about every one was off by about 1/8 of an inch. I'm hoping to do it right the next time.
    At night I am knitting up special dolphin washcloths for Christmas presents. When I get back down to Florida, I'll buy some little soaps in Tarpon Springs to go with them. I am working on # 10. They've been fun to do.
    Good luck with all of your projects! It's fun reading about them.

13. Thanks Sylvia H thanked for this post
    Missouri Star

Post Thanks / Like

I got a lot done today. I just need to applique down the circles and my first blue and white quilt will be ready to assemble.

Name:	sinfonia 019.jpg 
Views:	77 
Size:	123.9 KB 
ID:	132271

I am also happy to report that I am slowly learning to use my smart phone. Today I learned how to use bluetooth to connect wirelessly to a speaker, and play MP3 music I had downloaded to the phone into a playlist. For me this is a huge step forward.
    Stash Treasure Acquisitions Beyond Life Expectancy. My stash keeps me STABLE, oh yeah.... and dark chocolate.

15. Thanks Sylvia H thanked for this post
    Designer Diva

Post Thanks / Like

Great job everyone! Love the blue and white Denise! Congrats Sylvia on your finished project. Moving slow here in NC. Started an Irish Chain for my guest room. happy summer

17. Thanks Sylvia H thanked for this post
    Missouri Star

Post Thanks / Like

Name:	image.jpg 
Views:	75 
Size:	191.8 KB 
ID:	132275. Another one done. Think I will keep this one. It's the "No Bake Jolly Bar" quilt from FatQuarterShop. I used a layer cake.
    Anita G.

19. Thanks Sylvia H thanked for this post