Hi Guest, Welcome to the quilting forums, register now —or—

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Missouri Star

Post Thanks / Like

Default Re: WIP - 6/21/16 - Summer! It's Official

Beautiful work, everyone. Love the colors, MomGram.
    Courtesy is not optional.

http://theeclecticabuela.blogspot.com

Missouri Star

Post Thanks / Like

I finished my first blue and white quilt top and made the binding. I wanted to pick out the fabrics for my next quilt before the sun goes down. I fell like doing something fresh, and fun, and floral and light hearted. I am going to do the Jazz pattern from the book All About Strips, with an ivory background. Here are the 15 fabrics I selected.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	jazz 001.JPG 
Views:	51 
Size:	134.5 KB 
ID:	132324
    Stash Treasure Acquisitions Beyond Life Expectancy. My stash keeps me STABLE, oh yeah.... and dark chocolate.

3. Thanks Sylvia H thanked for this post
    Missouri Star

Post Thanks / Like

I finished three tote bags I'm making for gifts. I used the Moda Basic Grey Mon Ami charm pack and I'm really happy with how they turned out. One day soon I'll figure out how to post photos here so I can show off a bit - LOL! I have three more sewn together and need to quilt them - I do the quilting on my embroidery machine. Once those are done, I'm going to start on my UFO's - a couple of table runners and a "row of the month" from last year that's about half-done. Yesterday I went to a neighboring town and picked up my first row-by-row and a cute mini kit of a little cabin. They had it in all four seasons but I want to see if I can figure out how to make it look like my house so I didn't get them all. You'd think I don't have any other projects lined up, wouldn't you?

5. Thanks Sylvia H thanked for this post
    Missouri Star

Post Thanks / Like

No sewing today--too many errands! I did spend an hour or so sorting my strings by color, though. Only about a million more to sort!
    Courtesy is not optional.

http://theeclecticabuela.blogspot.com

7. Thanks Sylvia H thanked for this post
    Missouri Star

Post Thanks / Like

Name:	image.jpeg 
Views:	49 
Size:	88.3 KB 
ID:	132349. Two more done. The bear was suppose to be for my granddaughter when she was born. Her 1st bday party is tonight. Just a bit late. The polka dots are for a neibors baby ( she's about 5 months old).
    Anita G.

9. Thanks Sylvia H thanked for this post
    Missouri Star

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by DeniseSm View Post
    I finished my first blue and white quilt top and made the binding. I wanted to pick out the fabrics for my next quilt before the sun goes down. I fell like doing something fresh, and fun, and floral and light hearted. I am going to do the Jazz pattern from the book All About Strips, with an ivory background. Here are the 15 fabrics I selected.

Name:	jazz 001.JPG 
Views:	51 
Size:	134.5 KB 
ID:	132324
    Hey Denise........I have a thought.........I think you should pack up those fabrics and send them to me! Love those prints! Is that the pattern in the upper right corner......if so I might have to add it to my "to do" list.
    "I'm putting together a list of 100 reasons why I am NOT relentless!" - Sue Heck, The Middle

Leonard: For God's sake, Sheldon, do I have to hold up a sarcasm sign every time I open my mouth?
    Sheldon (intrigued): You have a sarcasm sign?

Missouri Star

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by pcbatiks View Post
    Hey Denise........I have a thought.........I think you should pack up those fabrics and send them to me! Love those prints! Is that the pattern in the upper right corner......if so I might have to add it to my "to do" list.
    Yes, that is the pattern in the upper right hand corner. It is a great book, with more than one good pattern. This pattern uses mainly 4.5" wide strips, with 2.5" sashing.
    Stash Treasure Acquisitions Beyond Life Expectancy. My stash keeps me STABLE, oh yeah.... and dark chocolate.

Applique Angel

Post Thanks / Like

Goodness Denise. You are a quilting dynamo. It seems every time I come on here, you're starting something new. Another beautiful range of fabrics.

Applique Angel

Post Thanks / Like

Oh, Anita, that is a lovely quilt. I'll have to look that one up.

Missouri Star

Post Thanks / Like

Lori, Anita, Denise, such great work!!

I'm moving slowly here in Atlanta, but we did arrive safely on Monday evening. We didn't have internet until yesterday and between jet-lag and the never-ending house re-organization that is still left over from the burst-pipes of 2 years ago and the chaos of having 2 tiny kids and no money in this tiny house... but it is closer and closer to what we'd always wanted it to be 10 years ago when we bought it. We've kind of embraced the fact that it is a never-ending cycle of maintenance and we are playing catch-up from the years when we struggled to feed ourselves, when we remember that perspective things here feel pretty good!

The kids are doing great with the jet lag. They are staying up well during the day but sleeping through the night is still an ongoing challenge. I have a MOUNTAIN of knit fabrics sitting here ready to sew.... but no needles or thread. HOW DID I MANAGE THAT??? LOL!! I know! There used to be a Hancock 1/2 a mile from the house and I brought all my needles to Kazakhstan thinking it would be no trouble to grab them on a whim here, but now with all the Hancocks closed, the closest options are Hobby Lobby (15 minutes, minimum) and JoAnn (30 minutes) so.... we'll see, until I get to the store to buy needles and thread I have LOTS of cutting I can do!

Next week, on the 2nd, there is a 9am to 9pm quilting retreat at the Red Hen, a quilting store in Marrietta, that I will be attending. I can't wait to catch up with friends and have some dedicated time to stitching!!

I've missed you all, but now that the tech is back up and running, I"m back too ;-)

15. Thanks Sylvia H thanked for this post