Hi Guest, Welcome to the quilting forums, register now —or—

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    Missouri Star

Post Thanks / Like

Default Re: Help...its a color question

If you print out that pdf page, cut out the diagram and scan it a few times. I did it for a paper piecing project and your not wasting so much ink. Tape it together and color!

Lorie

Missouri Star

Post Thanks / Like

first of all, thank you one and all for your great responses. I will bring my printer home on Sunday night from the restaurant and play with this link of PDF. I didn't know. You all are so clever. I can imagine the star burst in all those bright colors and I was thinking instead of white as the background of using black. Then I think an explosion might be imminent. I've got so many projects I want to make and I just wasn't planning on another Shriners Quilt, but the donation is so generous that I feel I must complete it. They sent fat quarters so I have lots of options.

Designer Diva

Post Thanks / Like

I don't know if this will help you but I have a lot of CT Quilter's Candy fabric loaded into my quilt program so here is what it could look like, of course I don't know what colors you have but this might give you an idea. hope it helps!
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	100_5688.jpg 
Views:	57 
Size:	210.0 KB 
ID:	132081

"May there always be work for your hands to do"

4. Thanks Midge, Old Newbie thanked for this post
    The Guild President

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Midge View Post
    Just a thought for you gramma terry. Why not print out the PDF and color it with the fabric colors you want to use. Might help you make a decision before cutting.
    Midge, thanks so much for this great idea.

Missouri Star

Post Thanks / Like

oh tnmtgrl. I love it. I wasn't thinking of doing the candy square together. I was thinking of one candy and one black. That looks fabulous. You've changed my whole thought process. Looking at the inches grid though, are those 10 inch blocks ?
    Quote Originally Posted by tnmtgrl View Post
    I don't know if this will help you but I have a lot of CT Quilter's Candy fabric loaded into my quilt program so here is what it could look like, of course I don't know what colors you have but this might give you an idea. hope it helps!

Last edited by grammaterry; June 18th, 2016 at 11:35 AM.

Missouri Star

Post Thanks / Like

Tnmtgrl, thanks for posting this. It looks totally different in all those colors, doesn't it. I've been thinking I really need to invest in a quilting program. Which one did you use?
    Cindy

8. Thanks Midge thanked for this post
    Missouri Star

Post Thanks / Like

Cindy, ditto what you said to tnmtgrl. That looks so cute with the colors you used. And please, tell us about the program.

Designer Diva

Post Thanks / Like

OK.... grammaterry ..... they are actually 12 in. blocks but it would still look the same in whatever size you wanted to do

Cindy and Midge, I use Quilt Pro 6...I started with their 1-2-3 Quilt program about 13 years ago and eventually upgraded to Quilt Pro, I have been using it for probably 10 yrs., I love it, it is very user friendly...it does take some learning but comes with a great users guide. If you can use windows then this program will be no problem. I love that I can put in my own fabrics and actually see what my quilt will look like. I also love that I can take just about any design, break it down and make it in my program. If you are interested just visit their website, they have a free fully working download that you can try for a limited time, just search Quilt Pro 6.

11. Thanks Midge thanked for this post
    Designer Diva

Post Thanks / Like

Here's another version......... I cut it down to 6" blocks

Name:	100_5691.jpg 
Views:	54 
Size:	197.2 KB 
ID:	132095
    Last edited by tnmtgrl; June 18th, 2016 at 03:17 PM.

Missouri Star

Post Thanks / Like

OK.... grammaterry ..... they are actually 12 in. blocks but it would still look the same in whatever size you wanted to do

Cindy and Midge, I use Quilt Pro 6...I started with their 1-2-3 Quilt program about 13 years ago and eventually upgraded to Quilt Pro, I have been using it for probably 10 yrs., I love it, it is very user friendly...it does take some learning but comes with a great users guide. If you can use windows then this program will be no problem. I love that I can put in my own fabrics and actually see what my quilt will look like. I also love that I can take just about any design, break it down and make it in my program. If you are interested just visit their website, they have a free fully working download that you can try for a limited time, just search Quilt Pro 6.
    12 inch blocks would go really fast. Since I have fat quarters to make it from I guess I'll just follow Jennys tutorial cutting out 12 inch squares and then making them into 1/2 sq triangles? You all know I am a little shape dyslexic so I'm trying to get my mind wrapped around this. The quilting program sounds awesome but my computer skills are almost worse than my sewing skills. I just want to make the Shriners Quilt raffle a booming success and it turns out it is harder to sell these raffle tickets than I thought. BUt, its coming along and perhaps as we get closer to the date of the drawing there will be more of a sense of urgency.
    I hope you won't mind me just using your example on the candy colors, although I still like the black idea