Hi Guest, Welcome to the quilting forums, register now —or—

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234
    Applique Angel

Post Thanks / Like

Default Re: Great unless you are male.

Oh yes JCY, both my boys learned how to cook, clean iron and do laundry! I wanted them to be good husbands and able to take care of themselves if need be. They weren't too interested in sewing though and to be honest, I didn't sew then. Too busy working and raising kids! Lol

Missouri Star

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Peter View Post
    Hi. Thank you for the welcome. I got into quilting.....well...in October last year it was my birthday. I decided I would just get a sewing machine and see what it is like to sew - I would have wanted to do that when I was a child but being a male - and from the family I was from, it really wasn't something I could even say. So, I decided - no bucket list - just do it. I got the machine and looked online for instructions. I found Jenny. That, as they say, was that! ALL I do now at home is either sew or cut and/or watch tutorials. It is GREAT. I'm making a lot of bags for the various women in my life and it is awesome. To say I love it is so weak. Anyway, that is how I got here - basically. Thanks for asking. You?
    I have a friend that had started quilting with a friend of hers,they were taking classes and asked if I would like to go along so I did.The first three quilts were made all by hand.The instructor was from Holland and didn't believe in sewing machines,so everything was hand cut from templates that I cut out of plastic and then hand sewn and quilted.
    Joan

Missouri Star

Post Thanks / Like

Well I'm glad you asked Peter. And I'm glad you got the right answers from the forum and no one was snarky or rude to you. We try to be friendly and most times we are. So welcome and hope you can come to a retreat one day. In the meantime, the forum is a great place. I hope to read more of your posts and see your great bags and projects.

My dad was a great sewer. He used to sew all our Barbie clothes and we loved them. Who else could have matching Barbie & me clothes? lol

Anyways, welcome Peter.

Missouri Star

Post Thanks / Like

Hi Peter! Welcome to this great quilting community.
    Courage is being scared to death, and saddling up anyway. ~John Wayne

Quilting is my passion . . . chocolate is a close second!

9 Patch Princess

We live in Garland, TX, just NE of Dallas
    Post Thanks / Like

My husband is also a quilter. We belong to an online quilting retreat group. It's not Jenny (hope to do a retreat there) but we travel once a year, usually in the fall, to different states for a retreat. My husband goes and has been well accepted. I am sure that once the have accommodations for couples you will be able to come. Hang in there and do keep on quilting. This year we are going to Florida. We have people from Arizona, Texas, Alabama, California, Wisconsin and the northeast states. It is a fun hobby.