Hi Guest, Welcome to the quilting forums, register now —or—

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    Missouri Star

Post Thanks / Like

Default WIP - 6/14/16 - Half way through another month!

How is everyone? How are your projects moving along?

I, like so many other in the US, am saddened by the attack in Orlando, and fall to worrying about the condition of our country, when so many natural born citizens perform heinous acts. But then I am comforted by seeing on TV, and reading on the internet, how so many, many, many people have come to the aid of those attacked, and of their families and friends, and the outpouring of care throughout our country and other countries as well. It is because of all that care and support that I believe love will truly prevail.

I am almost to the finish line with the "Cat and Snail Continuum" (Izzy's) quilt. All the SITD and echo quilting inside the cats is finished. The inside borders have been quilted, and I am now quilting pebbles around the snails. That is going faster than expected. The last to be quilted will be echo lines around the chevron borders. Then - binding! Yay!

And, I, too miss the 'like' button. Does anyone know why we don't ahve it any more?
    If you are not willing to learn, no one can help you. If you are determined to learn, no one can stop you.- Zig Ziglar

Missouri Star

Post Thanks / Like

Default Re: WIP - 6/14/16 - Half way through another month!

It's Flag Day which means it's my ex-SIL's birthday. Funny how some things stay with you even when you don't want them to.
    ATTITUDE IS THE DIFFERENCE BETWEEN AN ORDEAL AND AN ADVENTURE

3. Thanks MaggieSue thanked for this post
    Designer Diva

Post Thanks / Like

Happy Tuesday! North Carolina has hit the 90's. I have been in the garden more than in my sewing room. My new fabric just arrived (the Fed Ex guy saw me do my happy dance ). Looking for inspirations in the M* tutorial sections. Sylvia, I miss the "like button" also. Happy stitching everyone

5. Thanks Sylvia H thanked for this post
    Designer Diva

Post Thanks / Like

I also miss the like button. Just reconfigured my ''quilting'' room. About to begin to ''Big stitch the small wall profile hanging in my picture, the pinwheels. I will just stitch the colored wheels with black floss and quilt in the ditch of the blacks components. I am very saddened by the hate crime committed in Orlando. I feel for the ones left behind hurting right now.
    All you need is Love

7. Thanks Sylvia H thanked for this post
    Missouri Star

Post Thanks / Like

I got all of my horizontal strips sewn to rows today....and now halfway through pressing them open. Tomorrow I hope to start sewing rows together!

Happy sewing everyone!
    "I'm putting together a list of 100 reasons why I am NOT relentless!" - Sue Heck, The Middle

Leonard: For God's sake, Sheldon, do I have to hold up a sarcasm sign every time I open my mouth?
    Sheldon (intrigued): You have a sarcasm sign?

9. Thanks Sylvia H thanked for this post
    Missouri Star

Along the Illinois river-Central Illinois
    Post Thanks / Like

Just finished marking the last 1/4 of the Ghastlies quilt.. Once I get those webs done, I can mark and do the borders. Got my inspiration from watching a Sashiko video... (computers are amazing for finding stuff)

When I stab my fingers too much I switch over to some simple 4 patches.. I am just making as many as I can from some "bargain" charm packs. Will be adding them to the other orphan 4 patches for a bigger quilt to donate.

Other than that bit of sewing each evening, I am spending my days outside, doing a bit of gardening and redoing some flower beds. "snow on the mountain" is so invasive, that I have to clean it out of my beds each year. It just keeps coming back. I swear it is worse than bamboo. At least I'm getting some sunshine and exercise...

11. Thanks Sylvia H thanked for this post
    Missouri Star

Post Thanks / Like

I finished all 24 blocks of the Sweet Tooth pattern. Ready to start quilt assembly. I will probably be simplifying the outer border design.
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	sweet tooth 002.jpg 
Views:	62 
Size:	122.2 KB 
ID:	131889
    Stash Treasure Acquisitions Beyond Life Expectancy. My stash keeps me STABLE, oh yeah.... and dark chocolate.

13. Thanks Sylvia H thanked for this post
    Missouri Star

Post Thanks / Like

I've just finished piecing the squares for my niece's quilt, they are 8 1/2 inches, and I have 80 of them. I have a coordinate that I can cut more squares from if I need to add more, but I'm undecided. is 80 x 8 1/2 inch squares enough for a twin quilt? I do haev fabric available for boarders of a fairly decent width... but I'm too tired to do math right now.

I'm syncing my photos and backing up files, all things that we do at the end of the year and before travelling home... I also need to figure out the best possible way to pack my squares to travel, and a few other UFOs that will go home to be quilted on my machine in ATL.

Denise, I just love those blocks, you use such bold colors so well!

Sandy - I can't believe you're getting so close to finishing, I bet you are excited!! I'm sure if you are anything like me that your mind is already daydreaming of the future projects, I can't wait to see what's next!!

15. Thanks Sylvia H thanked for this post
    The Guild President

Post Thanks / Like

Today I won't get any quilting done. I did finish a child's donation quilt a couple days ago at least. I just sewed the blocks together, other quilters had pieced the blocks.

17. Thanks Sylvia H thanked for this post
    Missouri Star

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by DeniseSm View Post
    I finished all 24 blocks of the Sweet Tooth pattern. Ready to start quilt assembly. I will probably be simplifying the outer border design.
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	sweet tooth 002.jpg 
Views:	62 
Size:	122.2 KB 
ID:	131889
    Good to see the RWQ button still works. Just love your blocks . They are colorful and compliment each other. Must have been quite a job putting them together. They look great. Kathy