Hi Guest, Welcome to the quilting forums, register now —or—

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Missouri Star

Post Thanks / Like

Default Wednesday already? It can't be.

Really? Already? Monday and Tuesday flew by so quickly. I guess when you are busy, the time just flies.

Today I am going to the city with Miss Dougie and I get to drive home. He got caught for impaired last year and today is the day that he gets that blasted machine out of his car. BUT, then his drivers license isn't any good so that is where I come in. Next door there is a leather shop that I want to visit. On Friday then, we go and get his permanent drivers license. Another adventure, lol.

At least I don't have to work today. I will slow down next week.

I would like to know what is wrong with Mother Nature. We are expecting temperatures to be 53F, 12C to us in Canada. Unfreaking believable.

Prayers going out to bubba's granddaughter (you can read her thread), who had an accident yesterday and anyone else who might need them.

Have a great day friends.
    Blessed are the children of the piecemakers for they shall inherit the quilts!

Missouri Star

Post Thanks / Like

Default Re: Wednesday already? It can't be.

Good Morning Everyone,

Special thanks to everyone who prayed for my DGD Bree. Please continue, she's in so much pain. Her glasses were trashed and she broke three front teeth and a finger. The docs say she will likely need physical therapy for her leg. She got 128 stitches in her leg in two layers. I think she will do better when she gets to come home.

For the past week we have been invaded by millions of millipedes on our front porch. We get a few every year at this time, but this is ridiculous. I've been in contact with an entomology professor in Iowa and he has sent me reams of reports that all say there is nothing we can do but ride it out. How would you like to sweep this up every morning......YUCK!!

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Millipedes.jpg 
Views:	68 
Size:	160.3 KB 
ID:	131650

On to more pleasant things....my local fabric store has a huge sale going on and I'm going to be there first thing this morning.

Wishing everyone a great day!
    Last edited by Bubby; June 8th, 2016 at 08:15 AM.

Applique Angel

Post Thanks / Like

Happy Wednesday!

Barb, I have had to sweep up June bugs every day so I know how you feel. Prayers have been sent for your Bree. Fortunately, it was not much much worse and that a full recovery is expected.

Monique, good luck with your adventures. And, I agree! What is Mother Nature doing to us? I could see my breath when I walked the dog this morning at 5 a.m. It is very cold for this time of year. Oh well, next week we will probably be saying that its too hot.

Going to have a quiet day today but hope to finish some projects that have been lingering in the "to do" basket for awhile. Maybe, I'll even be inspired to do some housework! lol

Have a great day and do something that makes you smile.
    Peggiep
    "I don't need to get organized, I just need a bigger sewing room."

Missouri Star

Post Thanks / Like

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	good morning snoopy.jpg 
Views:	42 
Size:	25.0 KB 
ID:	131651 Another week just flying by and still so far behind with things I had planned to have completed by now. Do we ever catch up?

Missouri Star

Post Thanks / Like

No, May, sometimes we never catch up. I feel the same way lately.

Missouri Star

Post Thanks / Like

Good morning friends! Well, I think my adventures in costuming are over for this show. I altered 2 dresses and built 3 men's vests yesterday, then went to the theatre to alter and tack some more. But today, NO MORE COSTUME SEWING! I'm going to meet a friend who is a handyman to work on giving my rental house some curb appeal to put it back on the market to sell it. It's definitely putting a cramp in my fabric budget having an empty rental with no income, just OUTFLOW! But I don't want tenants, just a nice QUALIFIED BUYER! Wish me luck!

Can't wait to get this stuff with show costuming finished so I can quilt again! Hope you all have a great day!

Missouri Star

Post Thanks / Like

Good morning. Barb, so sorry to hear about your Bree's accident. Hope she gets to come home soon. Prayers for a speedy recovery.

It is a bit cooler here this morning than it has been the last few days. I think we are expecting to see some rain later.

Have a wonderful day everyone.
    Ginny B

http://www.ginnyscraftbasket.wordpress.com

Missouri Star

Post Thanks / Like

Monique - no mention of a stop at the liquor store? GOOD!!!

Barb - those prayers are definitely continuing!
    Sometimes, when there's a raging fire,
    it's best not to try to put it out with gasoline.

"...pal carajo con la negatividad..."

Missouri Star

Post Thanks / Like

Morning all! Happy Hump Day!

It sure has cooled of but I am DEFINITELY not complaining! I am so hot ALL the time I relish the cool weather. I used to be such a summer lover and now I'm changing my mind. Mental Pause is def. not fun!

Barb, definitely thinking of your DGD and hoping for a speedy recovery.

Took my best guy to the movies last night. He wanted to see Captain America Civil Warfare...lonnnnng movie! I hate going to the theater...much prefer to stay in the comfort of my home and I have a huge screen and projector with surround sound so I don't really NEED to go to the theater. BUT, Liam enjoyed it and it was nice bonding time for me and him so will have to do it more often.

Someone mentioned being behind on everything...boy do I know THAT feeling. I've been neglecting everything and now it's totally overwhelming. BUT rather than stress about it, I'm being happy if I accomplish at least one or two things a day. Not getting my house cleaned but I'm also not overly stressed about it either. I will get it done and press on. My problem is once I clean I just can't understand why it doesn't STAY that way! LOL!

Sending love and hugs to all! xoxo

Missouri Star

Post Thanks / Like

Oh ouch! Reading about her 2 layers of stitches and then with her teeth. I will keep praying for her.
    http://www.flickr.com/photos/quiltsbytrish
    http://quiltdreaming.blogspot.com
    http://pinterest.com/TrishLapp

What if you woke up today and the only things you had were the things you thanked God for yesterday? quilting trish