Hi Guest, Welcome to the quilting forums, register now —or—

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Missouri Star

Post Thanks / Like

Default Re: WIP - 6/7/16 - Summertime, Summertime, Sum....sum....summertime!

Looks like we all have a lot of different directions to take us through our days. If one thing gets finished, there is always another to start on. I love my job in the fact that every year I know I have summertime off to get the bigger stuff done. On the last day of school I print off a blank June/July/August calendar and start filling in what I want to get accomplished. I am finishing up my bedroom today - a carpet cleaning and run the quilt and covers through the wash. I cleaned out clutter, clothes, and made new curtains. The last 2 weeks of June I will be working on my daughters old room. Clean out, repaint, and move my computer desk and office stuff in there. July is repainting the boys' room, working on my photos, organizing papers, and scrubbing the front porch. August is finish up what is leftover or took more time than I anticipated getting done. Of course, tucked in summer plans is always spending a day or two a week at my dads helping with his huge garden and quilting.
    It's interesting to read what everyone is up to.
    http://www.flickr.com/photos/quiltsbytrish
    http://quiltdreaming.blogspot.com
    http://pinterest.com/TrishLapp

What if you woke up today and the only things you had were the things you thanked God for yesterday? quilting trish

Missouri Star

Post Thanks / Like

I'm hoping my gray fabric comes tomorrow.......so I can start sewing on my niece's quilt. The printed pieces are making a pretty display on my design wall right now.

I won a door prize at our guild meeting a few night ago. One item I got was a seam ripper with the rubbery tip for removing thread pieces. I discovered another use for it. If you have a stack of precuts or squares that you need to look through or count......you can use the rubber end of the seam ripper to move the corners of the fabric.......instead of fumbling with each piece by hand.
    "I'm putting together a list of 100 reasons why I am NOT relentless!" - Sue Heck, The Middle

Leonard: For God's sake, Sheldon, do I have to hold up a sarcasm sign every time I open my mouth?
    Sheldon (intrigued): You have a sarcasm sign?

Applique Angel

Post Thanks / Like

Got a circle of care quilt finished last night for a colleague who's baby was born asleep. Ironing tonight after work and then tomorrow I'll get back to my 365 challenge. I'm about 25 blocks behind at the moment but I've got until December to catch up. I need to get some teacher gifts made too. Our kids here finish on the 24th of June for 7 weeks. Our weather has been really warm (for Scotland) for the last 2 weeks but they are threatening us with rain for tomorrow. A good excuse for me to stay inside on my day off and ignore the weeds in the garden though. Sometimes you have to look a little bit harder for the silver lining in the clouds........

Designer Diva

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by DeniseSm View Post
    Long day but I got four more Sweet Tooth blocks done. That is 14 of 24 blocks done. I like how they are playing together.
    Attachment 131645
    This is coming together very nicely. It is simply beautiful.

Missouri Star

Post Thanks / Like

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	image.jpg 
Views:	48 
Size:	166.4 KB 
ID:	131745 Put binding on two panels for my granddaughters. They love Sofia the 1st on the Disney channel.
    Anita G.

Missouri Star

Post Thanks / Like

Four more Sweet Tooth blocks done. The last six to be done are the most complex ones. I think I need to add some more purple.

Name:	sweet tooth 004.JPG 
Views:	47 
Size:	124.7 KB 
ID:	131748

Here is my favorite block so far. I had a hard time finding what fabric to use in the small outside triangles that would make the block happy. I finally went through all the scraps left over from previous blocks, and surprise, it loved this red polka dot. Who knew?

Name:	sweet tooth 002.JPG 
Views:	49 
Size:	143.5 KB 
ID:	131749
    Stash Treasure Acquisitions Beyond Life Expectancy. My stash keeps me STABLE, oh yeah.... and dark chocolate.

Missouri Star

Post Thanks / Like

I've been trying to sew every chance I get a minute... I want the 80 blocks for my niece's quilt done so I can start packing up to go home! 9 more days ;-)

I haven't been overly active this week... last week of assessments and grades at school, plus my husband directed 4 concerts, had a music department awards banquet (which I had to chaperone, but it was nice because it was at the Hard Rock Cafe) and then there was Graduation and now we are in the last-weekend mayhem of squeezing in 5 going away parties in 2 days.

We fly out a week from Monday and we are pretty excited but I'm not at all ready... it's going to be a busy summer!! I just want to hang out at home and sew though!! I will, for as much of the time as I possibly can!!

Missouri Star

Post Thanks / Like

Another one done. Click image for larger version. 

Views:	53 
Size:	200.5 KB 
ID:	131821
    Anita G.

Missouri Star

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by MomGram View Post
    Another one done. Click image for larger version. 

Views:	53 
Size:	200.5 KB 
ID:	131821
    that is super sweet!! I love the grey as the neutral, the quilt I'm making my niece has a lot of light grey as a neutral in it as well, it's also the color that I painted my house recently, so I guess I like it!! ;-)

I love that you've used a character print in a classic block, it is a Winnie The Pooh quilt without it screaming cartoon characters, they are such lovely prints on a nice scale to work with. Well done!!

Missouri Star

Post Thanks / Like

I have completed five more Sweet Tooth blocks in the past three days.

Name:	sweet tooth 009.JPG 
Views:	35 
Size:	119.4 KB 
ID:	131857

This block was particularly challenging. Looks at all these seams intersections!

Name:	sweet tooth 007.JPG 
Views:	38 
Size:	190.3 KB 
ID:	131856

I have one more block to go and it will be time to begin assembly.
    Stash Treasure Acquisitions Beyond Life Expectancy. My stash keeps me STABLE, oh yeah.... and dark chocolate.