Hi Guest, Welcome to the quilting forums, register now —or—

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Hybrid View

Missouri Star

Post Thanks / Like

Default WIP - 5/17/16 - I think I can!

I think I can ...... get Izzy's quilt top finished this week! I am still struggling with the appearance of the inner, stop border. I have been considering ripping it out - again! And I have been considering leaving it as is - again! The first chevron border is finished. I haven't made chevrons before, so when I went to make the 2nd border, I arranged the HSTs differently. Didn't like that as much, so those blocks will be put aside for something small like a table topper. I have enough HSTs - I miscalculated and made twice as many as needed! LOL! The extras will be put to good use, but, oh my, all the ironing involved with 120 HSTs!

I didn't have the opportunity to get back to last week's thread and comment on other posts - so I am putting my comments here:

Denise - Your Lotus quilt top is lovely. I admire how prolific you are with your work. I was so sorry to hear about the fish.

Juliet - how are you coming along with making gifts?

Rockinlou - I am anticipating seeing your niece’s quilt, and hoping you can get those windows to stop leaking.

Meghan - how is that Pfaff working for you after the cleaning? I always notice a difference when I get my Babylock cleaned.

Here's to a good week of threads and fabrics for all of us.
    If you are not willing to learn, no one can help you. If you are determined to learn, no one can stop you.- Zig Ziglar

Missouri Star

Post Thanks / Like

Default Re: WIP - 5/17/16 - I think I can!

I've got two basted and ready to quilt--I think I can!
    Courtesy is not optional.

http://theeclecticabuela.blogspot.com

Designer Diva

Post Thanks / Like

Midnight garden is finished----Yeah! It will find it's home in my guest room. I was pleasantly surprised with the secondary flower so I decided not to add sashing. Happy stitching everyone! Click image for larger version. 

Name:	MG1 (800x450).jpg 
Views:	46 
Size:	39.1 KB 
ID:	130545
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	MG2 (800x450).jpg 
Views:	52 
Size:	42.3 KB 
ID:	130546

Missouri Star

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by gshannon1008 View Post
    Midnight garden is finished----Yeah! It will find it's home in my guest room. I was pleasantly surprised with the secondary flower so I decided not to add sashing. Happy stitching everyone! Click image for larger version. 

Your quilt is so pretty - and I think you made a good decision in not adding the sashing. After seeing your quatrefoil - and Rebecca's from the other day, I am even more convinced that I must make one.
    If you are not willing to learn, no one can help you. If you are determined to learn, no one can stop you.- Zig Ziglar

Batting Beauty

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by gshannon1008 View Post

Gwen, that quilt is lovely! I really admire all of your quilts!
    Nancy

Missouri Star

Post Thanks / Like

Oh that is so pretty. I love your color combinations!

Missouri Star

Post Thanks / Like

I finished the dark accent triangle lotus blocks. This is my first attempt at an arrangement. I wanted to take a picture before the sun goes down.

Name:	lotus 004.jpg 
Views:	44 
Size:	124.8 KB 
ID:	130603
    I was able to get a picture of one of our resident roadrunners today. I have no idea why they are living in our neighborhood by the lake, instead of near a desert. The mated pair have had at least one new baby this year. They are really good for keeping down the snakes, but I try to keep them out of our back yard bird haven because they kill our other birds.

Name:	lotus 002.JPG 
Size:	96.5 KB 
ID:	130605
    Stash Treasure Acquisitions Beyond Life Expectancy. My stash keeps me STABLE, oh yeah.... and dark chocolate.

Batting Beauty

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by DeniseSm View Post
    I finished the dark accent triangle lotus blocks. This is my first attempt at an arrangement. I wanted to take a picture before the sun goes down.

Name:	lotus 004.jpg 
Size:	124.8 KB 
ID:	130603
    I was able to get a picture of one of our resident roadrunners today. I have no idea why they are living in our neighborhood by the lake, instead of near a desert. The mated pair have had at least one new baby this year. They are really good for keeping down the snakes, but I try to keep them out of our back yard bird haven because they kill our other birds.

Name:	lotus 002.JPG 
Size:	96.5 KB 
ID:	130605
    Beautiful quilt!
    Nancy

Missouri Star

Post Thanks / Like

I think I can easily say everyone is doing beautiful work. I do not post much on these threads but I love to read all the goings on.

I also think I can finish my swap group summer table runner by Sunday. I will keep reading here for motivation.
    Karen
    Life is short - live it up while you can

Missouri Star

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Kgrammiecaz View Post
    I think I can easily say everyone is doing beautiful work. I do not post much on these threads but I love to read all the goings on.

I also think I can finish my swap group summer table runner by Sunday. I will keep reading here for motivation.
    Glad to know you are following along. I always enjoy your posts. Will you be able to share a picture of the table runner - or does it have to be a secret?