Hi Guest, Welcome to the quilting forums, register now —or—

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Missouri Star

Post Thanks / Like

Default Re: WIP - 5/17/16 - I think I can!

Quote Originally Posted by Kgrammiecaz View Post
    I think I can easily say everyone is doing beautiful work. I do not post much on these threads but I love to read all the goings on.

I also think I can finish my swap group summer table runner by Sunday. I will keep reading here for motivation.
    Glad to know you are following along. I always enjoy your posts. Will you be able to share a picture of the table runner - or does it have to be a secret?
    If you are not willing to learn, no one can help you. If you are determined to learn, no one can stop you.- Zig Ziglar

Missouri Star

Post Thanks / Like

Well, I finished on of my UFO's........the wall hanging for my Mom. Here's the link. I'm happy with the way it turned out & glad to mark it off the "get it done" list.

http://forum.missouriquiltco.com/sho...d-edition.html

I'm seriously toying with the idea of a triangle quilt using 45 degree ruler. I practiced with some scrap fabric but still need to practice a little more. It's hard getting the alignment just right. I hope to take a picture of the fabric choices tomorrow.......I might need some feedback on how they look together.
    "I'm putting together a list of 100 reasons why I am NOT relentless!" - Sue Heck, The Middle

Leonard: For God's sake, Sheldon, do I have to hold up a sarcasm sign every time I open my mouth?
    Sheldon (intrigued): You have a sarcasm sign?

Missouri Star

Post Thanks / Like

I'm going to finish the cutting of my pieces today.... So I should be in progress by tomorrow..... We just got home from school/work and we are exhausted!! We all collapsed onto the couch and my daughter ran up to her room... Definitely a sleepy day!! I'm thinking salad and leftovers for dinner, but if there were an option for delivery, I'd be placing that phone call!!

Applique Angel

Post Thanks / Like

I started a dahlia quilt, and am finishing the remaining blocks of the scrappy quilt as a leader-ender project. This is the center.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	DahliaCenter.jpg 
Views:	81 
Size:	193.1 KB 
ID:	130788

Missouri Star

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Splinter View Post
    I started a dahlia quilt, and am finishing the remaining blocks of the scrappy quilt as a leader-ender project. This is the center.

Beautiful!! I am spending my Saturday morning doing paperwork, just dropping by here for some inspiration to finish up so I can enjoy my quilting this evening!

Missouri Star

Post Thanks / Like

Well.......scratch the triangle quilt for now. I found another idea for my next project that I like a whole lot better!
    "I'm putting together a list of 100 reasons why I am NOT relentless!" - Sue Heck, The Middle

Leonard: For God's sake, Sheldon, do I have to hold up a sarcasm sign every time I open my mouth?
    Sheldon (intrigued): You have a sarcasm sign?

Missouri Star

Post Thanks / Like

I finished the Louts quilt and cleaned up my sewing room. I am doing a pattern called Tier Soup next with fabric by Kaffe Fassett and Philip Jacobs. I decided on a soothing seafoam background. I'm not really sure about the blue polka dot fabric, I may cut the other pieces first and see what else I can come up with.

Name:	tierSoup 009.JPG 
Views:	64 
Size:	129.4 KB 
ID:	130815
    Stash Treasure Acquisitions Beyond Life Expectancy. My stash keeps me STABLE, oh yeah.... and dark chocolate.

Missouri Star

Post Thanks / Like

Decided the blue polka dot was the best choice. It pained me, but I fussy cut the expensive peony fabric to frame the beautiful flowers. Time to put the sewing pedal to the metal.

Name:	tierSoup 010.JPG 
Views:	68 
Size:	184.0 KB 
ID:	130818
    Stash Treasure Acquisitions Beyond Life Expectancy. My stash keeps me STABLE, oh yeah.... and dark chocolate.

Missouri Star

Post Thanks / Like

Denise, you are amazing!! You make me feel so lazy....

I didn't feel like changing thread colors out, so I put binding on my pile of mug rugs, I figured I should finish that black thread, change needles and oil the machine before piecing together my niece's quilt. At least it is all cut out... my son has ben crabby crabby all weekend and had a fever this afternoon, so I am keeping him home tomorrow. We will do a few quick errands, then back to the sewing room while he veggitates away the afternoon.... I can't believe the little bugger turns 5 soon!!

Designer Diva

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Splinter View Post

Beautiful piecing! Can't wait to see the finished quilt.