Hi Guest, Welcome to the quilting forums, register now —or—

Batting Beauty

Post Thanks / Like

Default Help. Has anyone ever used two jelly rolls for the jelly roll race quilt

I have read Jeans instructions on widening the jelly roll race quilt, however I am having a hard time figuring out what the finished size would be if I used two full jelly rolls.....any help would be greatly appreciated. Thanks so much.
    Shelley

The Guild President

Post Thanks / Like

Default Re: Help. Has anyone ever used two jelly rolls for the jelly roll race quilt

I found this jelly roll race calculator. Quilt Strip Calculator

Hope it helps.
    One yard of fabric, like one cookie, is never enough!

Missouri Star

Post Thanks / Like

Default Re: Help. Has anyone ever used two jelly rolls for the jelly roll race quilt

Two would make a pretty wide but not very long quilt. If you make it in three sections and only sew it to 16 rows you can make it 96" long. I used 96 strips and the quilt ended up 80" by 96". After you sew 32 strips to 16 rows, you will have a piece that is about 80" wide and 32" long. Sew three of these together and it will be 80" by 96".

If you use the JRR2 pattern and sew a block between each strip, you can make your 2 jelly rolls stretch to make a wider quilt. If you just use 2 jelly rolls by them selves, using the 3 piece method, your quilt will be about 68" wide and 96" long. You can add borders to make it wide enough for a queen size bed

Missouri Star

Post Thanks / Like

Please see my user notes for GREAT instructions and explanations (with examples) on how to determine width and length of a JRR quilt and what formula to use if you already know what size you want to end up with.
    Blessings, DramaMama

"May your bobbin always be full!"

Massdrop Refer-A-Friend link:
    http://link.massdrop.com/54bd7c22291...of0ePjsfeAaf4b

The Guild President

Post Thanks / Like

Here's how I made my jelly roll quilt. There is a recipe for a 77x86 size using 68 strips plus 2 borders, as well as an explaination of why jelly roll race [one roll of 42 strips] quilts end up 50" by 64"

https://whatwerks.wordpress.com/2016...y-jelly-quilt/