Hi Guest, Welcome to the quilting forums, register now —or—

Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 567
    Missouri Star

Post Thanks / Like

Default Re: Crockpot Lasagna

I'm making this again today as it is 90 degrees outside and I'm being a lazy cook today. I always use the slow cook liners, which make clean up fast and easy, just like the recipe.

My GD will be attending college this fall and renting a house with others. Going to copy this recipe for her. It will make an easy dorm meal to share. I'll let her practice the next time she's here before she's off to school.

2. Thanks Sylvia H thanked for this post
    Missouri Star

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Sharyn J View Post
    I'm making this again today as it is 90 degrees outside and I'm being a lazy cook today. I always use the slow cook liners, which make clean up fast and easy, just like the recipe.

My GD will be attending college this fall and renting a house with others. Going to copy this recipe for her. It will make an easy dorm meal to share. I'll let her practice the next time she's here before she's off to school.
    Great idea. I think even she will be surprised at how easy it is to make.

There have been a few times in the past, when the temp here has reached 100 and higher, that I have been known to put that crockpot out on the porch. Anything to cut down the heat inside. We have a wraparound porch so no one can tell where the aroma is coming from. Even saw the UPS guy sniffing the air and looking around one time. Pretty amusing.

So glad you enjoy the recipe!
    Gerri

Life may not be the party we hoped for, but while we are here we might as well dance.

Missouri Star

Post Thanks / Like

This recipe is just awesome!! I made it a few weeks ago, and it was just delicious. It freezes well, too. Doesn't dry out when re-heated like others that I have tried. When making things that are suitable to freeze, I always make extra because DH pulls out a container from the freezer and microwaves it for lunch at work. Less money spent on buying lunches is more money to buy fabric, isn't it ?
    HUGS,
    Lenore

"I'm not crazy. My Mother had me tested." (Dr Sheldon Cooper)

Missouri Star

Post Thanks / Like

I froze two meals from ours too! We ate one of them last week and it was just as good as it was when first cooked.
    pat.

No rain....no rainbows!

Missouri Star

Post Thanks / Like

I'm going to have to copy this recipe off the computer and give it a try. We go fishing in the summer and fall and I love using my crockpot. I always take it to Canada with me so this will be great. I can get all the ingredients and just toss together so when we come back to the cabin it is dinner time.

Missouri Star

Post Thanks / Like

Made this over the weekend for our overnight guest, It was delicious and so easy to make. Thanks for posting. Yup, going to make sure I have all the ingredients for Canadian fishing, as this will be delicious with leftovers, A win win for me!!

Missouri Star

Post Thanks / Like

I finally made this two nights ago... I didn't have any lasagna noodles, so I grabbed a pack of frozen ravioli and used that as my lasagna. I layered it with the sauce and cheese. Delicious! And so super easy!
    I would have NEVER thought to make lasagna (or ravioli) in a crock pot.
    Thank you, Gerri, for posting this recipe.

Sheep Farmer by day........Quilter-in-Training by night
    The Farmmyfarm

Applique Angel

Post Thanks / Like

Thanks for the recipe. And thanks for the comment about the cottage cheese. That was the only part I was unsure of but I will give it a try.

Applique Angel

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Cathy F View Post
    Made this recipe with a change and it was very good. Instead if the cottage cheese I used a small container of ricotta cheese mixed with one egg, pinch of salt, pepper, parsley flakes, and a few tablespoons of Parmesan cheese. It spread well in the pot.
    Yum, that sounds great!

The Guild President

Post Thanks / Like

When I heard this was served to guests, I knew I had to try it. I've made it twice since then and it is an awesome treat! Thank you so much for sharing!!!
    Theda

There is no Quilter's Anonymous because no one wants to quit.

"Smurf Machine" - 1981 Necchi, "Anna Sophia" - Brother SE400, "Ellie Bleu" - Juki 2010,
    "Daisy Rae" - Pfaff Quilt Expression 4.2.