Hi Guest, Welcome to the quilting forums, register now —or—

Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast
    Missouri Star

Post Thanks / Like

Default Re: Crockpot Lasagna

Oh my goodness, this recipe sounds better each time I read it. I think I'll make it for my sisters when we get together next week. Thanks for sharing.

Prairie Pointer

Post Thanks / Like

It's in the crock pot right now! I had to break off some of the noodle down the middle though so my oval pot is obviously smaller than yours.... and of course our measurements are metric so.... 24 oz = 709.776 ml.... and of course our Classico is in 650 ml jars.... I bought 2 but in the end just used the one and filled the ¼ " needed with water. Some have mentioned that it was done in 2 ½ hours .... but how did you know that without taking the lid off and spearing the noodles? I've just set the timer for the last hour.... making my mouth water just typing about it

Prairie Pointer

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Hulamoon View Post
    I have a tip for the ricotta. Use a pastry bag. I used to make nachos for the kids and used a bag for the refried beans for that too.
    What do you mean about the pastry bag? Sorry can't figure it out.....

Missouri Star

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by thimble View Post
    What do you mean about the pastry bag? Sorry can't figure it out.....
    If its hard to spread out with a spatula etc, put it in a bag ( even a ziplock) and pipe it out.

Lorie

Missouri Star

Post Thanks / Like

It's in the crock pot right now! I had to break off some of the noodle down the middle though so my oval pot is obviously smaller than yours.... and of course our measurements are metric so.... 24 oz = 709.776 ml.... and of course our Classico is in 650 ml jars.... I bought 2 but in the end just used the one and filled the ¼ " needed with water. Some have mentioned that it was done in 2 ½ hours .... but how did you know that without taking the lid off and spearing the noodles? I've just set the timer for the last hour.... making my mouth water just typing about it
    It only requires 1 jar of sauce and no additional water. I'm hoping your lasagna doesn't come out soupy. Don't take the lid off for at least 2 1/4 hours. When you take it off it lowers the temp and then the crockpot has to heat itself back up and start cooking again. Then you can remove the lid and test the noodles if you want.
    Gerri

Life may not be the party we hoped for, but while we are here we might as well dance.

Missouri Star

Post Thanks / Like

I made this yesterday and it was so yummy and it is so easy. I added a layer of sliced mushrooms which worked well too. This recipe is really a keeper. I also used a crock pot liner which makes the clean up so slick. I let it cool in the removeable part of the crock pot and then lifted it out with the liner for putting away in the fridge.

Thanks for this recipe.
    Grandma Nan

Nancy

"Some of the best memories are created in flip flops"

Prairie Pointer

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Grandma G View Post
    It only requires 1 jar of sauce and no additional water. I'm hoping your lasagna doesn't come out soupy. Don't take the lid off for at least 2 1/4 hours. When you take it off it lowers the temp and then the crockpot has to heat itself back up and start cooking again. Then you can remove the lid and test the noodles if you want.
    I only added the tad of water to bring it up to the 24 oz size the recipe called for as our jars are smaller..... And it was excellent, thank you so much for the recipe. I will try a few variations of this too.... it was a very nice dinner with a kale salad...

Missouri Star

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Grandma Nan View Post
    I made this yesterday and it was so yummy and it is so easy. I added a layer of sliced mushrooms which worked well too. This recipe is really a keeper. I also used a crock pot liner which makes the clean up so slick. I let it cool in the removeable part of the crock pot and then lifted it out with the liner for putting away in the fridge.

Thanks for this recipe.
    Grandma Nan - I like the idea of adding a layer of mushrooms and I love the idea of using a liner. I had been just letting it cool in the removable part of the crock pot then slicing and removing with a spatula but the liner sounds even better. Glad you tried and enjoyed the recipe!

I only added the tad of water to bring it up to the 24 oz size the recipe called for as our jars are smaller..... And it was excellent, thank you so much for the recipe. I will try a few variations of this too.... it was a very nice dinner with a kale salad...
    I misunderstood how much water you were adding. Oops! I'm glad you enjoyed the recipe! It really is tasty and so less time consuming than the way I previously made it.
    Last edited by Grandma G; May 12th, 2016 at 09:37 AM.
    Gerri

Life may not be the party we hoped for, but while we are here we might as well dance.

The Guild President

Post Thanks / Like

Tonight's dinner was crockpot lasagna and we loved it! I followed the recipe exactly and cooked for 3 hours on low (noodles needed the full three hours).

Batting Beauty

Post Thanks / Like

I made this last night and it was delicious. My grandson was here and had 3 servings. This is a keeper!