Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast
    Designer Diva

Post Thanks / Like

Default Re: Crockpot Lasagna

yum! Need to go buy some ingredients. Thanks

The Guild President

Post Thanks / Like

Thanks for sharing the recipe. Sounds very good and can't wait to try it. Did you use a 26-oz. jar of spaghetti sauce?

Missouri Star

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by iluvbaking View Post
    Thanks for sharing the recipe. Sounds very good and can't wait to try it. Did you use a 26-oz. jar of spaghetti sauce?
    Just looked at my jar of sauce, I used Traditional Prego, and it is 24 oz. And don't be tempted to use any additional liquid because it does not need it.

Yesterday my sister-in-law called me to ask about crockpot size. I have the large oval, perfect for this recipe. She has a smaller round one and asked how she should workout the measurements for layering for her crockpot. I told her I had enough problems figuring out the math for my quilting projects and reminded her she was the one with the math degree and taught math for many years...
    Gerri

Life may not be the party we hoped for, but while we are here we might as well dance.

Missouri Star

Post Thanks / Like

I made this wonderful lasagna Monday evening and we loved it! I was concerned about there being enough liquid to cook the noodles, but a 24-oz jar of Classico sauce was enough. An 8-oz package of shredded mozzarella was perfect. Ours was done in 2 1/2 hours and I may check at 2 hrs 15 minutes next time. Thanks again, Gerri!
    Last edited by Bubby; May 4th, 2016 at 03:13 PM.

Prairie Pointer

Post Thanks / Like

I usually use ricotta cheese in my lasagne with herbs.... but am very tempted to try this.... so tempted.... I printed it out, thank you!

Missouri Star

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by thimble View Post
    I usually use ricotta cheese in my lasagne with herbs.... but am very tempted to try this.... so tempted.... I printed it out, thank you!
    I'm sure you could switch out with Ricotta. Will probably be a little more difficult to spread. Guess you could always use a few tablespoons of the sauce and mix it with the Ricotta which should make it a little easier to spread. I REALLY don't like cottage cheese but I was perfectly fine with it once the lasagna was done. In fact I am making it tonight for dinner. Has another 30 minutes to go and it smells delicious in the kitchen.
    Gerri

Life may not be the party we hoped for, but while we are here we might as well dance.

Prairie Pointer

Post Thanks / Like

I will buy the ingredients and try it as posted...... definitely a more reasonably priced version than the one I make...... not tonight.... but soon.... thanks
    ps.... and I love cottage cheese so that is not a consideration

Missouri Star

Post Thanks / Like

Another two thumbs up for this recipe. Made it tonight for dinner with a salad and some garlic bread. Yum!
    K is for Karen .....................Cremation - My last hope for a smokin' hot body.

Before you speak,
    T - is it TRUE?
    H - is it HELPFUL?
    I - is it INSPIRING?
    N - is it NECESSARY?
    K - is it KIND?

Check my User Notes.

Missouri Star

Post Thanks / Like

I have a tip for the ricotta. Use a pastry bag. I used to make nachos for the kids and used a bag for the refried beans for that too.

Lorie

Missouri Star

Post Thanks / Like

Made this recipe with a change and it was very good. Instead if the cottage cheese I used a small container of ricotta cheese mixed with one egg, pinch of salt, pepper, parsley flakes, and a few tablespoons of Parmesan cheese. It spread well in the pot.
    Nobody is going to stand up at your funeral and say she had a really expensive sofa and great shoes Life is not about stuff.

Visit my Flickr page, sewing and cakes!
    http://www.flickr.com/photos/90704986@N07/

www.pinterest.com/cathyfiebe/boards

11. Thanks lots2do thanked for this post