Hi Guest, Welcome to the quilting forums, register now —or—

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234
    Designer Diva

Post Thanks / Like

Default Re: A Tale of Woe (to put it lightly) and several finished quilts...

My heart is full for you and yours. Please know that. I am glad your were able to keep busy by quilting. They are beautiful.

2. Thanks Tricia thanked for this post
    Missouri Star

Post Thanks / Like

I feel so bad for you, one major death in the family is hard enough, I cannot even imagine two so close together. Glad to see you back on the forum though and if any of us can help you or you are just feeling the need to vent please know we are all here for you. We will try to help you pick up the pieces of your life.

4. Thanks Tricia thanked for this post
    Missouri Star

Orange County, CA and Baarn, Netherlands temporarily
    Post Thanks / Like

I feel so sad for you, Tricia. We just never know what life is going to through at us. I'm glad that you did get some time with your sister before she left you. I agree! Your dad is much happier where he is now. As to your quilts, they are lovely. I love the granny square quilt and hope to make one in the future. Also the quilt with the stars is another favorite pattern of mine. You did an awesome job on all of them. I know you're grieving, Tricia. For that I'm very sorry. All I can say is better days are ahead. Welcome back to the Forum.
    Goodbye Europe! Hello California! Home sweet home.

6. Thanks Tricia thanked for this post
    Missouri Star

Post Thanks / Like

I'm so sorry for your losses.
    Stash Treasure Acquisitions Beyond Life Expectancy. My stash keeps me STABLE, oh yeah.... and dark chocolate.

8. Thanks Tricia thanked for this post
    Missouri Star

Post Thanks / Like

So sorry for the loss of your Dad and Sister. Your quilts are just beautiful and look like they helped you keep busy while moving through your grief. Take care of yourself.
    Carolyn

10. Thanks Tricia thanked for this post
    The Guild President

Post Thanks / Like

I'm so sorry for your losses. Sometimes life gives us hard knocks. My husband of 48 years died suddenly in March 2015, then my mother died February this year. I'm still reeling from it all. Quilting is great therapy. Keep at it, your quilts are all beautiful!

12. Thanks Tricia thanked for this post
    Missouri Star

Post Thanks / Like

So sorry to hear about your sister and dad. I know that isn't what you were expecting when you returned to the States.

Love your quilts and am glad you had these wonderful projects to keep you occupied. You did a terrific job on them.
    Gerri

Life may not be the party we hoped for, but while we are here we might as well dance.

The Guild President

Post Thanks / Like

So very sorry for your losses. I have lost almost all my family, and I facilitate grief counseling courses, so I have a little understanding of what you are going through.
    Your quilts are beautiful. I hope they bring you peace as you work on them.
    Tortugaquilter

15. Thanks Tricia thanked for this post
    Missouri Star

Post Thanks / Like

Tricia,
    So sorry to hear about your Dad & your sister's passing. Your quilts are gorgeous...I can't honestly say I like one more than another....they are all beautiful !

Jacqueline ( Sugar ) Dorer-Russell
    http:\\www.sugarssmilinpapercrafts.BlogSpot.com

"I miss the me I was when you were here"

17. Thanks Tricia thanked for this post
    Missouri Star

Post Thanks / Like

So sorry for your losses. You've had some major life stress events - loss of family and major move. Quilting can be therapy - your quilts show that love and they are beautiful. I'm glad you touched base with us here. It's important you reach out to friends for your well-being. God Bless you!
    I am Sew Blessed!
    Alina

19. Thanks Tricia thanked for this post