Hi Guest, Welcome to the quilting forums, register now —or—

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    Missouri Star

Post Thanks / Like

Default Re: Question about Crafty Gemini ??

Quote Originally Posted by ucarrieme View Post
    Quilting Deals Videos are a lot like Teresa Down Under! I like them both!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nNKzt6cAYK0
    That was fun to watch!

Lorie

Missouri Star

Post Thanks / Like

Redcaboose

Sorry if my post upset you. I sure didn't try to imply that my computer crashing had anything to do with you or your posting that link. I really hope you aren't mad or anything like that. I just made a statement about my crash not blaming you. Maybe I shouldn't have posted while I was ticked about the crash. It made such a loud ear piercing sound. Kinda freaked me out.

Again, I'm sorry if I offended you in any way.

Gina

Missouri Star

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by snippet View Post
    Interesting. So Vanessa and MSQC aren't partners anymore. But MSQC is keeping the CGC website and YouTube videos while Vanessa moves back to her Crafty Gemini website and videos. Kinda weird to have a Crafty Gemini Creates name without Vanessa being part of it.
    I don't see where M* is keeping anything of Vanessa's. I think they are both keeping the "Link" to each other. What makes you think they are keeping the CGC website? I must have missed something. If this is true, it may have something to do with her filming them at M*, their crew doing the taping, editing and uploading for her there. She and Rob both flew into M* to use their studios and filming/editing teams... that may have something to do with it. ???

Missouri Star

Post Thanks / Like

No, I didn't think it had anything to do with "me" I just was a little curious if you thought so. Glad that isn't an issue.....and I am sorry your PC crashed on you !
    Hey we all do things at the spur of the moment...I probably didn't have any business posting what I did either!!!

Jacqueline ( Sugar ) Dorer-Russell
    http:\\www.sugarssmilinpapercrafts.BlogSpot.com

"I miss the me I was when you were here"

Missouri Star

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by kensington View Post
    I don't see where M* is keeping anything of Vanessa's. I think they are both keeping the "Link" to each other. What makes you think they are keeping the CGC website? I must have missed something. If this is true, it may have something to do with her filming them at M*, their crew doing the taping, editing and uploading for her there. She and Rob both flew into M* to use their studios and filming/editing teams... that may have something to do with it. ???
    I read this on the page for the Modern Clutch Tutorial that was posted above by iluvbaking:
    Important things to note about this transition:
    • Existing CGC Tutorials aren’t going anywhere! Just hop on over to YouTube or craftygeminicreates.com to get your fix.

• Craftygeminicreates.com and the CGC Facebook page will both be up and running. Feel free to stop by to ask questions and share project photos.

• Vanessa will not be filming more tutorials for CGC, but we can guarantee she’ll be crafting it up on her personal website, craftygemini.com.

We have loved working with Vanessa; she’s one amazing lady, and we can’t wait to see what she comes up with next!
    As for the CGC YouTube channel, Missouri Star has some exciting plans in the works! We’ll be announcing details in the near future, so stay tuned! You’re not going to want to miss this!
    It may be that MSQC keeps the videos since they were done at and by MSQC. I don't know and it it really doesn't matter to me. I just think it's odd that the name Crafty Gemini Creates is MSQC property. Kinda strange to me.

6. Thanks EeyoresGal thanked for this post
    Missouri Star

Post Thanks / Like

I, too, wondered why MSQC is keeping the name Crafty Gemini Creates. It's just weird to me. But then, I don't really care. I just enjoy watching everyone no matter what site they are on.

Binding Belle

Post Thanks / Like

iluvbaking, thank you SO much for that link. I thought I had looked everywhere to find where either MSQC or CG had said something about it. I guess I must have missed that email somehow. I really enjoy tutorials from both, and Rob as well, and one of the other threads had posted that they got an email about CG not posting vids here anymore, which is what I was referring to in my post here, no misinformation, was just looking to see what had been posted about the separation as I hadn't seen it. So you solved the mystery for me I think, with the link. Thanks again! <3

And as far as the CGC posts and website go, I'm sure the intent was to let it remain available to everyone regardless of whether MSQC and CG are still creatively attached. That doesn't surprise me, as both produce videos for the love of teaching people new skills. No reason to take them down just because they no longer work together.
    Last edited by EeyoresGal; May 4th, 2016 at 03:36 AM.

Missouri Star

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by auntiemern View Post
    I don't think you can access anything on FB without signing in. You may have been signed in and didn't realize it.
    Marilyn - there are some things you can access (although I don't know how those settings work). I don't have facebook, but can access some links when I click on them.

Those little quilt snips are great! My style of learning - show me how it's done and let me go do it

Missouri Star

Post Thanks / Like

Agree, songbird. I like the teaching style of the Quilt Snips too, and before I realized M* was doing these I had found TeresaDownUnder on YouTube and liked her work. Sometimes a 'just the facts' approach to a how to video is exactly what I want. At other times I want and enjoy a more process oriented lengthy session. I would never describe M* as a stuck in a rut company, and this just shows you that the corporate culture at M* is alive and vigorous.

11. Thanks EeyoresGal thanked for this post