Hi Guest, Welcome to the quilting forums, register now —or—

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Missouri Star

Post Thanks / Like

Default Re: I need advise...

Do you have a senior center in your area? sometimes they have quilting groups also
    Joan

The Guild President

Post Thanks / Like

I was going to make that quilt, but then saw a different way to orient the blocks, and make them twist. I think if you can make the block, you can make any size you want. I never took a class [yet] and have finished the quilts I started. Do they let you take pictures? If so, get as far as you can before finishing, then go to the classes and watch instead of finishing your quilt, and take notes and pictures. Then finish it after you make it the size you want.
    I am sure someone here can help with any additional questions you may have.
    No way would I allow someone to tell me what size of quilt I have to make if I am buying the fabric and investing my time. Esoecially if I am also paying for classes. Nope. but I'm stubborn that way. Probably the number one reason I sew, is because I get what I want if I sew it myself.

3. Thanks Blue Pig Giggles thanked for this post
    Prairie Pointer

Post Thanks / Like

Oh, I would most definitely continue on and make the quilt the size that you want. While the instructor is showing the other gals how to finish it off, could you take notes and photos so that you will have something to refer to when you get ready to finish yours?
    Lynne in central Illinois

Jeremiah 29:11

Missouri Star

Post Thanks / Like

Yep... Stick to your plans, but just finish your quilt on your own.... That way, you can stay with the group, and enjoy the next project..

Sandy from Cincinnati

AKA Kermit

Beginning Stitcher

Post Thanks / Like

Haha..you are so right. I think that's why I was upset. The parameters of the class changed after I bought all the fabric. Thankfully, there is a guild close to me and I'm so happy for the offer to sit in. I love this forum! I thought I was alone in this, but you have been so kind and helpful. I'm not anxious anymore...yay!

Missouri Star

Post Thanks / Like

That is terrible that the class changed directions AFTER you've bought your fabric. I would really pitch a fit and let them know.

But since you're stuck and you want to do the pineapple block too, I'd work on the quilt on my own and get finishing help with a guild. But I'm betting that you'll be confident enough to tackle finishing it yourself!

8. Thanks Blue Pig Giggles thanked for this post
    Beginning Stitcher

Post Thanks / Like

After much inner debate, I have decided to make the Blue Spice Market quilt a lap sized quilt. It will be 41 blocks instead of 85, and will measure 55x55 inches. I have already told my stepdaughter of this change, and she is fine with it. I worried for nothing, it seems. I have all 41 blocks made, and now have started the task of putting them in rows. Click image for larger version. 

Name:	20160508_132446 (450x800).jpg 
Views:	35 
Size:	181.2 KB 
ID:	130170Thanks to all for your advice.

Missouri Star

Post Thanks / Like

It is looking good.
    I was at guild meeting and if you were there I'm sorry I missed meeting you. I will not be at sit and sew this Saturday because of a grandchild's birthday party but will be there in June if you would like to come.
    There will be others there that could certainly help you if you need the help. It looks to me that you are going great guns on the quilt. It looks really nice in your picture.

11. Thanks Blue Pig Giggles thanked for this post