Post Thanks / Like

Default Monday, Monday

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	211f7fe8cc8ab2e48ab38ce41326b6d9.jpg 
Views:	38 
Size:	30.0 KB 
ID:	129417

Hello Folksies!

Happy Monday! Hope that your weekend was as super duper as you are. Our weekend here in my little part of The Hill was pleasant enough with lovely weather. Whilst my hubs continued the tree clean up from last week, I also continued my painting from last week. It is still not finished but it is looking like a finish is almost here - by the end of the week I hope. Too many interruptions, too many need to give my knee and shoulder a rest and there you have it. I am so thankful that I don't have a clock to punch to get this thing done.

If anyone has suggestions for some red and white or red, yellow and white fabric for the kitchen - pm me! I am going to be making some sort of curtains or window treatment. Not sure yet just what. I don't like anything too loud if you catch my drift. I have been up since 2 this morning looking online at fabric and now I am ready to go back to bed!

Blessings to each one here. Today is your day. Thinking about that. Make it happen and smile.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	d8609f69e2dc73ac06289a7919512557.jpg 
Views:	40 
Size:	84.7 KB 
ID:	129418
    Sewing mends the soul.

Do the math; count your blessings
    Laughing is good exercise. It's like jogging on the inside.

http://pinterest.com/vintageprims/boards/ Unless we are creating we are not fully alive
    ~ Madeleine L'Engle

Missouri Star

Post Thanks / Like

Default Re: Monday, Monday

Morning....I must be feeling your aches and pains this morning, Blondie. I do a lot of painting at the apartments but mostly along the ceiling and baseboards. Jeff does the rolling. It's all backbreaking but so nice and fresh when it's done. Can't wait to see your kitchen.

I'm working on a quilt top that's all 3" squares. This one will be take a while.

We are supposed to get some bad storms off and on all week, so I may be in and out of here.

Wishing everyone a blessed Monday.

Missouri Star

Post Thanks / Like

"Eat Glitter For Breakfast And Shine All Day " made me smile Blondie !! Years ago when I first started making my own greeting cards,
    ( I haven't purchased a greeting card in almost 14 yrs ! I make all of my own greeting cards and Christmas & Holiday cards too! ) I was really into this "glitter " called Dazzling Diamonds. The funny thing about it, is that when you put in on the cards, it gets into everything ! I don't know how many times when I made those first few cards with Dazzling Diamonds ( if you have ever purchased anything from Stampin' Up! Dazzling Diamonds is one of their products ! ....love it ) I would go to the store etc. and someone would say to me "You have glitter on your face/nose / hair my dear ."
    I now don't use as much of the Dazzling Diamonds as I used to, and I ALWAYS check my face in the mirror before heading out to any store nowadays !

Thanks for making me smile today Blondie !

Jacqueline ( Sugar ) Dorer-Russell
    http:\\www.sugarssmilinpapercrafts.BlogSpot.com

"I miss the me I was when you were here"

Missouri Star

Post Thanks / Like

Morning, Blondie! I sent you a pm for fabric recommendations!

Anywho...Saturday I decided to look at the Hancock store here in Fort Smith just to see if I could find a bargain. The quilting notions is very depleted (templates, pins, needles, rulers). Their larger and higher priced items are still not cheap enough to liquidate, in my opinion. I did purchase twin size batting, a hand quilt hoop stand (I've been wanting one for a long time and got a decent deal on it), and a few other small purchases I was low on.

I then, went to the machine/fabric store I worked at part-time last year. Since I am trying to put my sewing room back together (Navy daughter and grandson moved to the KC Metro last month)...I am still trying to find things I know I have purchased, but...these certain items are still MIA. The guild vice-president works at the store and three of the items I wanted (Strawberry Fields Revisited fabrics, Triangles on a Roll and a 1/4 bias tape maker), the store didn't have. Two other guild members came into the store while I was there, they didn't speak.....makes me wonder if I have the courage to go to the next meeting pm 4/25/16. I guess I expect too much from others....
    I guess that is why I shop on-line so much, because when I do attempt to shop locally, they don't carry the items I want. And, it's most evident, the local stores aren't up with current trends with sew-a-longs.
    Sherri

"Don't let someone else's ugly spoil your beautiful. " Thanks, Bubby!!!!!!

Missouri Star

Post Thanks / Like

Might need a bit of Dazzling Diamonds to get myself to shine today as I didn't sleep too well last night. DH said I must have had some bad dreams as I was calling him to help me do something. I don't usually dream or I don't remember dreams so wonder what the problem was. Anyway, sun is beginning to shine, need to get my first cup of coffee and get the new day going in the right direction.Name:  teddy wonderful day.jpg
Views: 197
Size:  13.0 KB

Missouri Star

Post Thanks / Like

Good morning dear friends. It was an absolutely gorgeous weekend with high temperatures. Saturday was demolition day, a little 20" wall between the hallway and living room came down. Our friend Andy did such an amazing job. Then it was party time. A few friends came over for a BBQ to help me celebrate my birthday. I have a wonderful birthday this year. Yesterday was clean-up and today will be clean up as well.

Les works days this week, so I won't see him until Wednesday, as he spends those two evenings staying at his mother's. I work tomorrow and Wednesday this week.

Have an awesome day friends.
    Blessed are the children of the piecemakers for they shall inherit the quilts!

Missouri Star

Post Thanks / Like

Happy Monday everyone!
    Another week of testing - it's math for 3 days and I get to read all the math questions and answers to 4 kiddos.
    Time sure is flying by this Spring - can't believe it's the middle of the month already. I finally got my hands in the dirt here and got some weeding done and picked up - it seems like - hundreds of sticks for the fire pit pile. Oh, and we finally sold the old VW Bug DH has. Some fella saw it from the back street and they decided on a price. It has been sitting for about 10 years now, just adorning the back of the driveway . We've been paying insurance and registration every year now in case it got damaged or stolen (well, in my opinion either one of those options would have been a blessing) but I am thankful someone else has the good heart to buy it. It's outta of here on Tuesday.
    Dad has a cold of some sort now and I told him to go see the doctor but doubt he will until he is to the point of not being able to move.
    Still trouble shooting the Juki for the thread issue. Now I am thinking it's not the machine but how I have the layers on the frame and it's pulling the fabric, thus making the thread work harder - I'll try again tonight.
    Enjoy the sun if you have it - a beautiful week in store here for us.
    http://www.flickr.com/photos/quiltsbytrish
    http://quiltdreaming.blogspot.com
    http://pinterest.com/TrishLapp

What if you woke up today and the only things you had were the things you thanked God for yesterday? quilting trish

Missouri Star

Post Thanks / Like

Good morning everyone. Eat Glitter for Breakfast and Shine All Day.....I LOVE THAT!!!!. Thanks Blondie, you always know how to get our day off to a great start.

Beautiful weekend weather wise, but oh boy is that pollen giving my alergies a fit. Went to see our DGS baseball game on Saturday and haven't stopped sneezing since. Love springtime....hate the allergies!

Went out dancing with our friends Saturday night, had a lovely time. Last night our condo had our monthly dinner and it was "Italian Night"...everything was sooooo yummy, and it's just a good thing I don't have to weigh in until Friday - LOL

I think we're going to do the early voting thing today. And then I'm hoping to get a few more bags cranked out for the yard/craft sale at the end of the month.

I can't wait to see your kitchen when it's finished, Blondie.

Sugar - How lovely to make all your own cards.....I'd love to see some of them. I was a paper scrapbooker a few years ago, and used some of the stamping up stuff....and walked around with glitter on myself much of the time!!

Have a lovely day everyone

Missouri Star

Post Thanks / Like

Happy Belated Birthday Monique! Sorry we missed it on here.

This weekend was very difficult for me. My ex opened up "our' trailer for the season. My name is on the loan for it and it was agreed that he would sell it. However, I'm pretty sure that's where he met his new gfriend and assume she likes it so he seems to be keeping it. Liam enjoys it also. So it was very painful for me to know that the trailer that he didn't want, and we were supposed to use to make memories in for our family, he will now use to do so with someone else. It was incredibly painful for me and I cried a lot this weekend. Once I am off the loan and have my things back out of storage, that will be my last tie to him, other than Liam of course, and I can start moving forward,...I hope!

Yesterday I spent the day at a horse farm and that was very therapeutic for me to be around the animals and grooming them. Also got to play in the dirt a bit helping to weed and clean up a flower bed...gardening calms me so it was nice to do. Spring is always a difficult time of year for me anyway...seeing couples out everywhere made me so lonely and I missed him so much this weekend. Hoping that I can get through this stage of my grief and find some peace soon.

Thinking of everyone and sending hugs to those who need them. xox

10. Thanks Monique thanked for this post
    Missouri Star

Post Thanks / Like

After some serious thunderstorms last night, it looks like we will get a break here in Texas.
    We will be taking Grandma to the doctor today to see how much progress her leg has made. She got pulled over by my aunt's dog and got several big bruises and a nasty hematoma on her leg.
    Hopefully we will get a good report.
    You all have a good day! Hugs, C
    Be who you are and say what you feel
    because those who mind don't matter,
    and those who matter don't mind. - Dr. Seuss

http://www.toggpine.wordpress.com